Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Harmless things that scared you as a kid

MLP Moth

Meat that had any kind of red in it, like medium rare and whatnot. House spiders, which still scare me but I was bitten by one once when I was younger and I cried for a long time. I now know their bites are harmless.

I had many irrational fears when I was younger and I still do now. Haven't really grown out of some, probably never will.

gloves, if someone was wearing them I wouldnt go near them. also if they were even laying on a table, I was scared.

hair dyers, i thought they were "evil"

the sound of the toliet flushing, i'd run out of the bathroom fast

"the brave little toaster goes to mars" no idea why but it made me cry. ;-;

Meat that had any kind of red in it, like medium rare and whatnot. House spiders, which still scare me but I was bitten by one once when I was younger and I cried for a long time. I now know their bites are harmless.

I had many irrational fears when I was younger and I still do now. Haven't really grown out of some, probably never will.

I am sorry if this is out of place, but I thought it fitting given you and i share/shared the same fear of house spiders and meat with any kind of red, etc and the irrational fears:

Um.. Idk i can't think of any totally harmless things i was scared of right now. Does Luigi's mansion and Majoras mask count? Because when i was young those games scared the crap outta me ;p.

glowing-mr-burns.jpg

This thing scared the piss out of me. The Burns' alien from The Simpsons. Gahh. Nightmares. All the time. I was scared of the dark for like, 3 years after seeing this guy.

I hate him.

HATE.

HATE.

Edited by ~Sadistic ghostfk39~
  • Brohoof 1

This. So much this.

I loved this show, but this scared the crap out of me as a kid lmao

Courage the Cowardly Dog.

I dunno why I didn't say something about that.

So freakin' scary.

I mean, that show is scarier than any horror movie out there today.

Gahh. Freaky.

One of the few things that scared me as a kid, and still does for that matter, is spiders. There's just something about them that makes me shiver just thinking about them. Creepeh.

I was also afraid of the dark, but then, what kid wasn't? Now though, I've learned not to fear the darkness, but what's in it.

Heights too, that was pretty bad. I've mostly gotten over it now, but sometimes I still have dreams of falling... :/

Edited by ~Masochistic After~

Pretty sure I mentioned this somewhere before on the forums, but when I was a kid I was totally scared of Monarch butterflies. The way they look just really creeped me out :/

Reminds me of this spongebob episode lol

640px-Wormy_Butterfly_Bubble.jpg

Mounted deer heads. They're still creep my out a tiny bit, and I have no idea why. Maybe it's that cold stare of death that comes from its now lifeless eyes. *shudder*

wt_deer1.JPG

Pretty sure I mentioned this somewhere before on the forums, but when I was a kid I was totally scared of Monarch butterflies. The way they look just really creeped me out :/

Reminds me of this spongebob episode lol

640px-Wormy_Butterfly_Bubble.jpg

monarch butterflies scared me when i was younger and they still do, flapping them big wings like they own the place

• Brohoof 1

I could NEVER watch Peewee's Big Adventure because of this abhorrent scene!  It's no big deal now, but back then I almost had a heart attack.

1:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RryZV8NK9-Q

Also, there was some sort of scary show when I was a kid.  I think it was called "Candle cave" or something, but it was about pirates and I could never get through a whole episode!  Really reminds me of The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack.

Edited by John

Also, there was some sort of scary show when I was a kid. I think it was called "Candle cave" or something, but it was about pirates and I could never get through a whole episode! Really reminds me of The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack.

NO.

THAT'S A FUCKING CREEPYPASTA.

CANDLE COVE.

I KNOW THIS.

IT'S ONE OF MY FAVORITES.

People be chatting about it, remembering all that scary shit...

THEN BAM!

It never actually existed.

It made me wonder if any of my childhood shows were like that.

I was terrified of elephants when I was a child. I remember being afraid that they would suck me up into their trunk. 

I had multiple nightmares involving elephants. In one dream an elephant was approaching me in the basement, and I tried to climb up onto a shelf in a closet to escape it. In another dream, I decided to run down the basement steps, even though I knew there was an elephant down there - I attempted to launch myself straight into my fear. I made it to the bottom of the steps and became paralyzed when I heard the elephant's trumpet. A third example would be when I had a dream that there was an elephant on some sort of platform in the living room that was reminiscent of a circus. I never actually saw it, I just heard it from my bedroom. I woke up screaming, seeing a wheel of various animals spinning in my vision. My mom came in, and she had to convince me that there were no elephants in the living room.

Edited by SCS

The Easter Bunny. Something about a 6ft tall rabbit with an oversized head breaking into your house in while you're sleeping always creeped the heck outta me.

When I was a little kid, I also used to run scared under my covers when I heard my parents would sneak down to put the presents under the tree and when they closed the fluke on the fireplace I thought it was Sanra coming down the chimney. I thought he'd be megapissed at me if he found out I was still awake when he got here.