Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Harmless things that scared you as a kid

MLP Moth

Stairs. They always remind me of a long spiral staircase where you could be walking for years, and when you finally reach your destination you're trapped in a dark room with monsters. :blink:

Well then.

Spiders, and bubble gum, in fear of choking on it.

When I was a younger gamer, the bad disk error screens seemed to scare the piss out of me, with one of the biggest memories being this one

hqdefault.jpg

The red shift with the fucked up music which is like a demonic verison of the load screen sound just stuck in my mind for so long.

I have at least 7 nightmares of this sort of crap that I can still remember, with for some reason were really odd, this is not what started it though, earlier consoles did which sparked my hate for it, I guess it was so you would take care of your games but really

Screw you Sony

And there is also this freaking thing that scared me as a younger kid

mqdefault.jpg

Damnit Sega.

WHY CAN'T I PLAY A GAME WITHOUT THE CONSOLE TRYING TO SCARE ME FOR LIFE  :( 

I was scared of this stuff too.

Edited by Light Azure

Courage the Cowardly Dog.

I dunno why I didn't say something about that.

So freakin' scary.

I mean, that show is scarier than any horror movie out there today.

Gahh. Freaky.

I have always liked Courage the Cowardly Dog. I still watch it when I have the chance. I like Courage the Cowardly Dog but Scooby Doo scared me. I also am scared of toy dolls/reborn dolls. I hate the dark and power cuts. I am also scared of blood and stripes. I have a phobia of stripes and bees/wasps even to this day.

Edited by noodlepup3
  • Brohoof 1

Champion RD92, on 28 Nov 2013 - 01:39 AM, said:

This. So much this.

I loved this show, but this scared the crap out of me as a kid lmao

Oh man, this brings back memories. I freaking loved this show as a kid. This never really scared me per se, but it did certainly creep me out.

Anyways as a kid I was afraid of Hills, on rides that was. I suppose they're harmless enough but boy, did I hate them. I was terrified of them. I would refuse to ride rides, with the fear there would be a hill on it. I was also afraid of storms. I was deathly afraid of tornadoes as a kid, so even a somewhat severe storm freaked me out.

This might sound weird, but I used to be REALLY scared of the boos of the mario series. I really don't know why but I had multiple nightmares involving them :blink:

but the boos are so adorable
  • Brohoof 1

When I was a younger gamer, the bad disk error screens seemed to scare the piss out of me, with one of the biggest memories being this one

hqdefault.jpg

The red shift with the fucked up music which is like a demonic verison of the load screen sound just stuck in my mind for so long.

I have at least 7 nightmares of this sort of crap that I can still remember, with for some reason were really odd, this is not what started it though, earlier consoles did which sparked my hate for it, I guess it was so you would take care of your games but really

Screw you Sony

And there is also this freaking thing that scared me as a younger kid

mqdefault.jpg

Damnit Sega.

WHY CAN'T I PLAY A GAME WITHOUT THE CONSOLE TRYING TO SCARE ME FOR LIFE  :( 

• Brohoof 3

NO.

THAT'S A FUCKING CREEPYPASTA.

CANDLE COVE.

I KNOW THIS.

IT'S ONE OF MY FAVORITES.

People be chatting about it, remembering all that scary shit...

THEN BAM!

It never actually existed.

It made me wonder if any of my childhood shows were like that.

Wow.  I read your post and then I actually checked and read the pasta.  I'll never be able to sleep again at night.  I don't know what's going on..  I SWEAR that there was a show on just like that, except it was animated and not with puppets.  W T F

When I was little I imagined a huge dead chicken in my doorway just staring at me, and it's chest would be beating like it was still alive. Scared the crap out of me. Don't even ask why I had this image of a dead chicken in my mind. I just did, and it was terrifying. :blush:

Trees. I'm not kidding around here. I used to have this fear as a kid that trees would fall on me. I don't know what was going through my head then, but it was really dumb. Glad that came and went. :P

These..... things. Whatever they are supposed to actually be...

2007-3-27-teletubbies.jpg

I mean, these characters are designed for little kids. So then why did I freak out and ask my daddy to change the channel whenever they were on? They're positively horrifying. :P

Edited by Sugar Cube

I was and still am afraid of porcelain dolls and clowns.  Porcelain clowns are even worse.  My aunt had a room full of porcelain clowns.  One day ,when I was little, my aunt was babysitting me and I fell asleep on the living room floor so she moved me to the bedroom with the evil legion of clowns.  I woke up later to see all those clowns and it kind of messed me up.  I've been afraid of clowns ever since.

When i was little my mother had a porcelain doll named Lizzie, she nick-named it Lizzie Borden and had a tiny axe for it. i have been afraid of dolls and axes since i was two....

I used to be really scared of shadows. 

I remember this one night (back when I was younger) in which I wanted to get out of bed to tell my parents about this bad dream I had (they sleep in a different room), but I had this night lamp near my bed. I was pretty terrified because when I saw a shadow get cast, I remember that I quickly went into hiding (while sobbing) under the frame of my own bed while facing away from the shadow that had been made because of the lamp. I then proceeded to look back every few seconds to see if it was still there, and lo and behold, it (always) was. It made me scared every time I looked back. 

..that shadow was also my own shadow.  >_>

Edited by Kroire