Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Beyond these walls Chapter 2: A Darker Fate (Adventure, Survival, EPIC!)

The Elusive Cinder

Beyond these walls: A Darker Fate.

(Chapter 1 RP - Click here)
(RP Thread - Click here)

---------------

Kingfisher.

The news you bring is dire indeed: I admit, there was an ulterior motive for my guidance on recovering the Litany of Magic and now - with its loss - I find myself with no option but to ask of you something that is not easy.

You might have noticed the signs recently, should they have reached your shores. Certainly we have: the sands are cold even in the day, we have lost control of our weather and dark places are no longer safe. I fear that an old story I have once passed off as myth may be much more real than I had hoped.

You mentioned that you were returning to the capital city of Canterlot - there is a train there, which runs to the location known as the Crystal Kingdom. I will be waiting for you there - this will be easier to explain face to face.

Give my regards to Al-ahmar: should he be unfit to travel immediately, I will require your presence alone. This matter is simply too urgent to wait.

Your friend,

Bardic Knowledge.

Edited by Cinderscribe

Give us something to read: 200 characters is good for when you just need to give a reaction, or for your character to answer a question. Its not good for every single post.

Be reliable: I'm not asking for a post every hour, but if you're not going to be able to post for over a day, let us know so that whoever you're talking to isn't stuck and we aren't all waiting for you.

The two rules I'm guilty of breaking the most.  >_>

I'll try to work on improving those two. I can't male promises on how reliable I am but I will try to work on both.

And obviously I'll join up with Mirror. I never typed it out but Silver Heart died in the razor rock field. I wanted to write it out but...felt it would be a little too dark.

One week after ensuring that the Litany of Magic was beyond the grasp of those who might use it for ill, a new letter arrives. The events taking place have set in place a chain of events which threaten to shake the very foundations of Equestria.

Also does this mean that some time has passed between the two roleplays or that it's been a week since the first one began?

The two rules I'm guilty of breaking the most. 

Yet you still usually manage to get on and make at least one or two posts a day - even if your busy you let us know. I appreciate it and thats really all I ask - if your going to be busy for a while, just keep us updated so we don't think you've abandoned us. :P

And yes - It's open to change but I feel a week is:

1. Long enough to justify some recovery for existing characters.

2. Short enough that events are taking place in the same time period.

Yet you still usually manage to get on and make at least one or two posts a day - even if your busy you let us know. I appreciate it and thats really all I ask - if your going to be busy for a while, just keep us updated so we don't think you've abandoned us. :P

And yes - It's open to change but I feel a week is:

1. Long enough to justify some recovery for existing characters.

2. Short enough that events are taking place in the same time period.

Ah thanks at least I'm posting better than I had thought. And now I have to think of a reason for Mirror to stick around.... since I doubt that she would get a letter because she helpted Orion's group....plus she doesn't really have a home, she just travels.

Character death will be avoidable - but possible.

Also does anyone else ever read these and go "Oh dear sweet Jesus, I am so going to do something stupid and die."? 

I feel like this is really pertinent to how I'm feeling

http://vinescope.com/employees-on-black-friday-1158.html

Pavisa and Zintiik are in it for the long haul ^_^  Or at least until one of them does something dumb and gets killed  >_> Honestly, I can see it happening with either of them if they aren't carefull...

Okay, not going to update character list ect from my phone at 3:30am, but here are a few extra bits I'd like to add:

Dying.

We have a large enough group to have a diverse enough skill set for survival: So long as you plan ahead a little and don't act suicidally - you should be fine.

The general idea is that combat is not going to be the most useful skill - intelligence and resourcefulness will be the traits that keep folks alive - and ponies that can improve moral are going to be needed. 'Normals' will be relied upon much more than before.

Two characters is fine so long as you are happy that the quality of your posts won't suffer for it: naturally, as DM and narrator I will be taking command of more to keep things on track and so on.

If anyone wants to bring in / swap characters, this is the best time to do so! More information will be added when we are ready to start.

Oh, and the titles are just my little thing to add flavour to the RP - don't worry about them :P

Edited by Cinderscribe
  • Brohoof 2

@@Frosty V,

They certainly can: that's one of the reasons that I started a second OOC thread. I'll need a link though.

@,

Will you be using the same character or a new one? I'll need a link either way.

@,

Muddle can go wherever you like - accepted.

Lost thought... Give me a little while to consider where the best place for her might be. I'm likely to accept, but its just a case of where she would best fit.

Just as a note, I might bring back Blizzard Blitz at some point in this one if that's all right. Seeing as based on the show it only takes a few days to recover from broken bones he should have recovered from his injuries, especially with help from Midnight Sky and his exotic range of magic.

@,

Okay! Lost Thought is good to go, just keep check on her insanity - so long as she doesn't drift into Chaotic Stupid, she'll be good. A great addition to Orion's group of outcasts I would think - but I'll leave that for you decide.

@@Icy Void,

Thats just fine - the timescale isn't set yet, but as a general rule characters will have recovered 'just enough' - he'll probably still wouldn't be 100%

@,

Alrighty, Sand is good to go again - I'd just ask for you to come up with a (very brief) story behind what happened to her - Just in case it come up.

@@Frosty V,

Frost is good, Lustus seems overly powerful - considering the entire first story entailed the main villain channeling a similar power, having a single character able to channel old gods would cause real imbalance.

That said, I've seen frost before and don't think I've even head mention of Lustus in the RP's I've seen him in - combined with that I know that you can RP well - I'd just ask if you could clip that part of his character down?

---------------

Wow, I sound like a tyrant here.. Sorry guys, but with the story taking a slightly darker turn I've got to keep loose ends cut short: give me a shout if any of these things are a problem.

Edited by Cinderscribe

Hurrah! Sorry for not posting today - I'll post once the RP is up. Or at least when I get another shot at the computer.

• Brohoof 1

@Cinderscribe

Yeah, I've never used him. I put him in when I first joined, he won't be used don't worry.

And is there anything I should know from the first chapter?

Edited by Frosty V

Ok, I've decided to throw in my second OC. I'm going to use Clockwork Green. If that's cool with you.

PLEASE NOTE! There is a PC modification at the bottom of the OC page which details the specific abilities he has for an RP. He normally has alicorn-rivaling magic and abilities at his disposal, but I'm placing him into the RP with nothing but a limited arsenal and his prototype mechanisms, so he won't be bringing anything insane to the table.. well, aside from his brain. ;)

His PC form is much less powerful, he's not too physically strong, so he relies on being crafty and clever instead.

B-but... Sand Veil was supposed to be the quiet one...

I think I'll just go draw frowny faces in the dirt now...

It should be interesting to see the interactions between someone who's silent by choice and someone who's silent by force