Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Victoria and Co.

So today I met my first brony in real-life :D

At school today we had a substitute teacher in one of my classes and he let us talk amongst ourselves. I talked with my friends for a while, before I decided to attempt to draw a muffin. I failed... Anyway, sometime after I finished drawing my fail muffin (sorry Derpy :() one of my friends (I say friends but it we were more of acquaintances) approached me asked, quite directly, if I was a brony. At first I was all like, "Whu?" but I realized what she had asked, I was all like "OH!" I quickly answered, "Yes!" and she seemed momentarily stunned. The shock was quickly replaced with sudden happiness as we began to talk about ponies.

Long story short, I made a new brony friend today in my English class, and now I want to hear about your real-life encounters with your fellow bronies! Did you ever meet an unexpected brony? Have one of your long-time friends ever revealed their love for the show, without knowing that you were a fan yourself?

• Brohoof 10

I didn't actually talk to them, but on Saturday I saw a group of them in the theater when I went to see the new Ghost Rider movie. I knew they were bronies because when I walked into the theater I heard them listening to the Cutie Mark Crusaders' Hearts and Hooves Day song. It was awesome to find out I'm not the only brony in Nebraska.

Yes, actually, this has happened to me a couple times. I had no clue that any of my friends were bronies, until one of them changed his Facebook profile picture to Rainbow Dash. I was momentarily stunned, before replying with Fluttershy's "You rock, woohoo!" clip. To my surprise, another friend commented as well, and thus I found out that two of my closest friends were, in fact, bronies.

And that's not all. A while later, me and a friend were talking in school, and I asked him why he hated Pinkie Pie so much. Turns out, this shy girl from my English class was listening, and asked "He hates Pinkie Pie?" Not exactly a great way to enter a conversation (or admit to bronydom, for that matter), but I didn't blame her for it.

• Brohoof 1

I have some brony friends at school but outside of that;

Once at the cinema there was two guys sitting next to me and I heard them speaking of mlp. Then aslo, I had my discord t-shit on and they saw it and I got my very first non-friend brohoof :)

I don't have any brony FRIENDS. I know several people who are bronies, but they are only people that I see once a week or so. I wish my closer friends were bronies, I am very open about the topic to them.

Unfortunately for me, a strong stereotype was built in my head around the place I lived in, which limits my desire to actually talk to people. I guess I will never know any good brony friends...

given that internetsy stuff picks up real quick in my country, everybody who's a regular internet user, wich is a portion of my friends (now that I think about it, my group of friends it's the most odd combination between "nerds" and "jocks") knew about the coolness of ponies. Still, they are like fake bronies, they don't watch the show, but are aware and maybe use some of the ponie pictures and such.

The jock friends portion happened to have little sibilings, and had watched the show with them, and found it was pretty awesome (these dudes are extremely weirdly cool, and I dunno how you'll react, but these are guys who spends most of their days doing sports, be it soccer, tennis, swimming or riding bikes or whatever, and openly listen to justin bieber (Yeah justin bieber) and several romantic artist wich are usually qualified as gay, and I find that damned awesome, specially since I'm pretty sure that they aren't actually gay and that makes it so much more awesome)

And besides of them, I happen to mention Pinkie Pie in some other conversation and some dude inmeadiatly reacted to it. You know, classes start on monday and I'll finally be able to openly admit my bronyness to the whole class and see what happens, I have never been more excited to go to school!

Yup, nothin here. It would be pretty cool but I'm a closet brony so unless someone can read my mind as I daydream not much chance of that happening. Certainly would be a pleasant surprise though.

I have a few Bronie friends in college, and some people I haven't even really met yet. They all are nice enough. One guy is even going to BronyCon this summer. (don't know where it is exactly) We'll see how I feel about the series in the next few months. I might consider attending.

The only Brony I know irl I converted myself. Jeez, I have to do everything myself ^_^

I'd love to meet someone at random like you did. I should wear my Pinkie shirt in public more.

(edited)

A friend of mine from school has a DA, and I did a deviation for someone else's birthday that had Fluttershy in it. They said Fluttershy is best pony, I didn't know if they were joking or what, I tried to strategically steer the conversation (No, RD is [link to RD v. Starscream video]), tested their responses, all while trying to pull a front of humor, then my link to ep. 1 came. He finally said "You Brony?" And I wrote a funny reply:

"Am I a brony? Pff! Haha... Hah. No. But it's a good show. With awesome characters. So yes Posted Image"

Then I went on with a huge wall of text and links :P Those were the early days of my bronydome. Turns out he was, too! :D

See it here: http://eagle1divisio...t.com/#/d4nin18 I'm Eagle1Division and he's Sonicrocks11.

Now we're both still secret bronies at school, though. This area is incredibly close-minded, and our school is even locally notorious for being incredibly judgemental. There was even one kid who started hating on Dr. Who for a few minutes. One-time occurance, but Dr. WHO!? I can't imagine what they'd do for MLP!

So we make exchanges that are almost coded, where they're just barely vague enough that bystanders can't tell it's MLP. Like there was some comment on a small dry erase board in the classroom, and he wrote "20% cooler" next to it, and I added "in 10 seconds flat!", and we're constantly making Big Mac references... We even had this conversation sitting right in front of a non-brony friend, so she didn't, and still doesn't know what all the "eeyup" "no" was about XD

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8kmvDDwHG0

So I'm hoping to be an open brony when I go to college at BYU, but I'm a bit worried because I heard they're judgemental there... But, pff, that's when I'll start "hunting", and you can't date with big chunks of who you are being secret, so I gotta be open then :P And I think those rumors come from the rules restricting crazy hairstyles and stuff, I don't think they're really that judgemental...

I don't have any brony FRIENDS. I know several people who are bronies, but they are only people that I see once a week or so. I wish my closer friends were bronies, I am very open about the topic to them.

Unfortunately for me, a strong stereotype was built in my head around the place I lived in, which limits my desire to actually talk to people. I guess I will never know any good brony friends...

Nopony can tell the future, so no need for any of that angst. I dunno if you're in college or what, but you can always try googling: "[insert college, town, etc here] bronies".

Edited by EASA - Dr. Braun

I know only about 2-3 Bronies in real life, so yeah, boring life, although I did talk to one of my brony buds and he might join here! :D

I have IRL brony friends. A few of them, but a few is enough. :)

I went to Youmacon in Detroit MI back in November and there was lots of pony stuff all over the place. It was pretty awesome.

For random happenings... not really. I'm a little surprised but not horribly because the only random-stranger contact I have is working retail. One day when I was working retail, I was wearing my MLP shirt. Some guy whose order I was taking complimented me on the shirt. It was refreshing because usually little girls compliment me on it. At any rate, I said, "I've been wondering when I'd find a brony while working here." And he goes, "Wait, what? No I just like cartoon..."

Then I was like, "Watch it. You'll love it."

He was like, "I'm... sure I would..."

lol I hope I didn't make him too uncomfortable. But more importantly, I hope he did watch it. :D

• Brohoof 1

I have a few Bronie friends in college, and some people I haven't even really met yet. They all are nice enough. One guy is even going to BronyCon this summer. (don't know where it is exactly) We'll see how I feel about the series in the next few months. I might consider attending.

I don't know how many Brony Con's there are. The last one was in New York City. This one however is going to be in Secaucas NJ. Literrally a Hop, Skip, and a Jump away from New York City.

http://www.bronycon.org/