Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Human Technology Vs Pony Magic in war

Bendy

Pony Magic or Technology, which is more powerful?  

65 users have voted

1. 1. Pony Magic or Technology, which is more powerful?

• Pony Magic
    • Technology

A unicorn would probably sense a sniper, and that trick would work only once. after that every unicorn would constantly have  abarrier up and the sniper is useless, if he hasn't all ready been killed in retailiation.

Edit: Twilight's energy blasts have VERY long range. Ponies can play sniper too  XD

Edited by Malinter

A unicorn would probably sense a sniper, and that trick would work only once. after that every unicorn would constantly have  abarrier up and the sniper is useless, if he hasn't all ready been killed in retailiation.

Singing Justin Bieber Space Marine Clones attack. Overpowered much? 

That would kill the humans all by itself. The ponies just have to block the sound with barriers.

Or more accurately, kill the abominations with the Bass Cannons.

EDIT: What level of tech is a Bass Cannon anyway? Its a sonic sound weapon so its pretty damn high.

Edited by Malinter
  • Brohoof 1

I'm of the opinion that they would both destroy each other. Magic and technology to me are two equal and opposing forces. Technology can become powerful enough to replicate magic, and magic has no real defined limits outside of "doing what is not possible in reality." It'd be like shooting two nukes at the same time at two countries. Everyone dies.

Either that, or the ponies would win because they would use the Elements of Harmony or some sort of happiness friendship force to make the humans stop fighting and realize the wrongness of such warlike actions. Because, well, not all humans are really all that evil and I think some could be reasoned with.

Celestia can threaten to move the sun. Game Over. Humanity dies. 

Yeah, but governments would probably have super secrit bunkers and stuph, designed for something like this. Well, probably not. But still... A self-sufficient bunker with a geothermal heating system, farms and shiz would be able to survive underneath.

Plus, we could just send a badass in a hood to assassinate Celestia. We could also launch ICBMs, have planes fly over all major Equestrian cities and simultaneously drop nuclear bombs or send in our military with their guns or use our navy or send a tank convoy through the towns killing and crushing anything in the way or create an artificial virus that only works on equines (kinda like myxomatosis) or we could use entomological warfare (insect warfare, releasing vast clouds of bugs that either attack directly [biting] or indirectly [spreading infections and destroying crops]) or release radiation or make a peace treaty and stab them in the back when they don't expect it or industrialize it so much that the pollution rises and smog kills them off or poison the water supplies or offer them a life of wellbeing and send them off to concentration camps or drop gas bombs on the cities or burn the towns to the ground or sabotage the buildings or...

Well, you get the idea.

Edited by Not Mike Jones

Yeah, but governments would probably have super secrit bunkers and stuph, designed for something like this. Well, probably not. But still... A self-sufficient bunker with a geothermal heating system, farms and shiz would be able to survive underneath.

Plus, we could just send a badass in a hood to assassinate Celestia. We could also launch ICBMs, have planes fly over all major Equestrian cities and simultaneously drop nuclear bombs or send in our military with their guns or use our navy or send a tank convoy through the towns killing and crushing anything in the way or create an artificial virus that only works on equines (kinda like myxomatosis) or we could use entomological warfare (insect warfare, releasing vast clouds of bugs that either attack directly [biting] or indirectly [spreading infections and destroying crops]) or release radiation or make a peace treaty and stab them in the back when they don't expect it or industrialize it so much that the pollution rises and smog kills them off or poison the water supplies or offer them a life of wellbeing and send them off to concentration camps or drop gas bombs on the cities or burn the towns to the ground or sabotage the buildings or...

Well, you get the idea.

One major flaw in this plan. Goverment lives. The LEAST deserving of ALL humanity. while Everyone else dies. They'll probably just pussy out and just stay in there bunkers and rot away... or devolve into incest spawned abmonations of science and technology.

What would actually happen is Celestia appears, asks who declared war on them, people sick of the goverments bullshit just point them out, She burns them all with sun-fire then goes way leaving humanity for the first time in centuries without some knob in charge of weapons of mass destruction.

• Brohoof 1

One major flaw in this plan. Goverment lives. The LEAST deserving of ALL humanity.

Just wondering, are you a conspiracy theorist? Sorry, just had to ask.

People would probably stick by the governments for a LONG time, mainly for the fact of bigotry and hate for anything non-human. (I would probably just go join the pony side, it would be a much more interesting life than I am leading now XD)

I never did say it was a fair plan.

Edited by Not Mike Jones

Just wondering, are you a conspiracy theorist? Sorry, just had to ask.

People would probably stick by the governments for a LONG time, mainly for the fact of bigotry and hate for anything non-human. (I would probably just go join the pony side, it would be a much more interesting life than I am leading now XD)

I never did say it was a fair plan.

Nah, thats just what most goverments do, if they can make there bunkers nuke proof, why not make every building have a nuke bunker. cheap, two-faced b**tards the lot of them XD

And yeah, I too would welcome our new Alicorn Overlords. 

What would actually happen is Celestia appears, asks who declared war on them, people sick of the goverments bullshit just point them out, She burns them all with sun-fire then goes way leaving humanity for the first time in centuries without some knob in charge of weapons of mass destruction.

I've been ghosting this topic for a bit, but I have to step in now. No matter what idiot you kill, a new one will get up and take his/her place. Secondly, WMDs are a development of recent decades, not centuries. Finally, if Celestia burned world leaders with nuclear fusion, not only would there be massive damage to the surrounding area and populace, but the massive retaliation of the world's major powers would kick in and we'd wipe equestria off the map. Sorry for ranting.

I've been ghosting this topic for a bit, but I have to step in now. No matter what idiot you kill, a new one will get up and take his/her place. Secondly, WMDs are a development of recent decades, not centuries. Finally, if Celestia burned world leaders with nuclear fusion, not only would there be massive damage to the surrounding area and populace, but the massive retaliation of the world's major powers would kick in and we'd wipe equestria off the map. Sorry for ranting.

i used the 'centuries' bit more out viewing this as a more further in the future scenario XD

and to tbh. Humanity isn't really unified enough to fight Equestria. after all, what if some nations are on good terms with it and others not. it'd be the whole mess that started the world wars all over again. And I'd imagine Celestia being more diplomatic in how she fights anyway.

Edited by Malinter

i used the 'centuries' bit more out viewing this as a more further in the future scenario XD

and to tbh. Humanity isn't really unified enough to fight Equestria. after all, what if some nations are on good terms with it and others not. it'd be the whole mess that started the world wars all over again. And I'd imagine Celestia being more diplomatic in how she fights anyway.

I may be erring on the side of optimism, but if Celestia came and nuked the UN (that is what stellae flame is after all) I'm pretty sure we could put aside killing each other for long enough to lend Equestria some nukes warhead side down. Also, what do you mean by fighting diplomatically?

I may be erring on the side of optimism, but if Celestia came and nuked the UN (that is what stellae flame is after all) I'm pretty sure we could put aside killing each other for long enough to lend Equestria some nukes warhead side down. Also, what do you mean by fighting diplomatically?

From what i've seen these days, no-one really gives a shit what the UN does. just all words no action. But you have a point XD.

As for diplomatically. Say Celestia offered to any county that allied with her the opportunity to use magic to remove all their energy dependancy on other nations? Thats a boon to any country. They wouldn't attack her if she was offering that. Many folks fear a war for resources when the oil runs out.

Edited by Malinter

From what i've seen these days, no-one really gives a shit what the UN does. just all words no action. But you have a point XD.

As for diplomatically. Say Celestia offered to any county that allied with her the opportunity to use magic to remove all their energy dependancy on other nations? Thats a boon to any country. They wouldn't attack her if she was offering that. Many folks fear a war for resources when the oil runs out.

When the oil runs out we'll switch to solar, wind, hydroelectric, nuclear (LFTR or Fusion) or geothermal. As for a match of raw power Celestia has any one person beat, but ask an organic chemist for their "Will not work with" list, humanity has gotten VERY good at creating all sorts of wonderful substances that we could happily introduce the ponies of Equestria to.

When the oil runs out we'll switch to solar, wind, hydroelectric, nuclear (LFTR or Fusion) or geothermal. As for a match of raw power Celestia has any one person beat, but ask an organic chemist for their "Will not work with" list, humanity has gotten VERY good at creating all sorts of wonderful substances that we could happily introduce the ponies of Equestria to.

but all of those are rather expensive and right now, can't match the full power output of fossil fuels (and geothermal atm is dependant on the country's geography). And the ponies also like dabbling in a bit of organic chemistry too. If any of them figure out what arsenic does to a human they'll be creating pretty flowers that kill a human who so much as breathes near them. XD

Edited by Malinter

Well, humanity could just lauch a s*** tonne of nukes towards equestria.

By the time they realize whats going on, most will prob be dead. Even if some survive the morale will be low and they' ll prob surrender to the ground troops(or maybe even if they only see a tank since they would be like "WOW THE GODS ARE HERE, its judgement day")

but all of those are rather expensive and right now, can't match the full power output of fossil fuels. And the ponies also like dabbling in a bit of organic chemistry too. If any of them figure out what arsenic does to a human they'll be creating pretty flowers that kill a human who so much as breathes near them. XD

They're all efficient if they are given the same subsidies as oil (Especially LFTR technology). As for arsenic, it can't kill you by breathing it. And I mean wicked nasty chemicals like Chlorine Triflouride. It literally burns everything except itself, gives off hydroflouric acid as a byproduct, and is a better oxidizer than pure O2. And its bigger, nastier, brother Dioxygen Diflouride, which does all of that AND explodes at the same time.

Well, humanity could just lauch a s*** tonne of nukes towards equestria.

By the time they realize whats going on, most will prob be dead. Even if some survive the morale will be low and they' ll prob surrender to the ground troops(or maybe even if they only see a tank since they would be like "WOW THE GODS ARE HERE, its judgement day")

Celestia will always survive and always kill the earth by slamming the sun into it.

There is no scenario where humanity wins. XD

Edited by Malinter

Celestia will always survive and always kill the earth by slamming the sun into it. There is no scenario where humanity wins. XD

The humans create daleks bye bye ponies the end

Edited by lordav

i voted technology, because humans could just shoot a sattelite into the ponies airspace filled with nukes, and turn the whole planet in a wasteland.

ponies don't stand a chance.

and also, i love technology :3

i voted technology, because humans could just shoot a sattelite into the ponies airspace filled with nukes, and turn the whole planet in a wasteland.

ponies don't stand a chance.

and also, i love technology :3

Discord teleports back to earth, wrapped as a present from Pinkie Pie with "Do not open til Hearths Warming Eve" on it.