Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Human Technology Vs Pony Magic in war

Bendy

Pony Magic or Technology, which is more powerful?  

65 users have voted

1. 1. Pony Magic or Technology, which is more powerful?

• Pony Magic
    • Technology

There is no scenario where humanity wins. XD

But what if Nicolas Cage is the God Emperor of Mankind in another universe?

Then the Ponies would lose, depending on what universe they came from of course. 

148849.jpg?1385743853

Edited by Rush

woah waoh did you guys forgot about discord? and king sombra king sombra can make crystals appear out of no where and im pretty sure the princeeses exluding twilight can do that changelings can disguise themselves as a human commander or something and make something selfdestruct or something.

Discord teleports back to earth
for this to happen before the nukes fall, discord would have to have somebody tell him that there are going to be bombs. as the possibility of this is very small, i do agree that there woud be a small chance some humans side with the ponies.

it would make for a pretty weird time, tough i don't think chocolate milk rain and upside down houses are much of a threat compared with a fleet of nuke filled sattelites. 

Deleks more or less killed off there own people first, you are aware if this right? how does that help humans against ponies?

Yeah but at least they kill poies too... Anyway

Technically speaking

1... Celestia would have no idea which planet earth is...

2 in order to invade humanity would have a fleet of starships so destroying earth wont affect the. Since the only reason humanity would prob leave earth is becuz earth would be unable to sustain life any more

3humanity has the technology to make small black holes (particle accelerator) and we are actually trying to build and anti matter bomb

Sooo i dont see what celestia can do if she gets sucked by a black hole :P

Edited by lordav

for this to happen before the nukes fall, discord would have to have somebody tell him that there are going to be bombs. as the possibility of this is very small, i do agree that there woud be a small chance some humans side with the ponies.

it would make for a pretty weird time, tough i don't think chocolate milk rain and upside down houses are much of a threat compared with a fleet of nuke filled sattelites. 

Discord knew the mane 6 by name even tho they hadn't met before. And how can bombs even fall when he cam make a mockery of gravity itself. Discord can even pull off feats of event rejection. I'm surprised if he couldn't just full on revive the dead.

Yeah but at least they kill poies too... Anyway

Technically speaking

1... Celestia would have no idea which planet earth is...

2 in order to invade humanity would have a fleet of starships so destroying earth wont affect the.

3humanity has the technology to make small black holes (particle accelerator) and we are actually trying to build and anti matter bomb

Sooo i dont see what celestia can do if she gets sucked by a black hole :P

1. The scenario is that they are at war, so they know where each other is. No pre-emptive attacks or ambushes XD

2. Thats right, come in range of the magic...

3. So Celly just has to wait for use to blow ourselves up with an even bigger WMD?

Discord knew the mane 6 by name even tho they hadn't met before. And how can bombs even fall when he cam make a mockery of gravity itself. Discord can even pull off feats of event rejection. I'm surprised if he couldn't just full on revive the dead.

1. The scenario is that they are at war, so they know where each other is. No pre-emptive attacks or ambushes XD

2. Thats right, come in range of the magic...

3. So Celly just has to wait for use to blow ourselves up with an even bigger WMD?

We will train super-soldier dogs with bombs on them (like the Soviets did in WWII) and send them to equestria. Now ponies couldn't hurt innocent creatures no? So the dogs just movee around and reach their targets and then blow themselves up

(Soviet used em VS nazi tanks)

We will train super-soldier dogs with bombs on them (like the Soviets did in WWII) and send them to equestria. Now ponies couldn't hurt innocent creatures no? So the dogs just movee around and reach their targets and then blow themselves up

(Soviet used em VS nazi tanks)

Yes. and they screwed up by training them using THEIR tanks so the poor sods blew up russian tanks most of the time.

And Equestria has Fluttershy, she can talk them out of doing that... she'll also probably hunt down whoever trained them and use the stare to tell them to die.

Edited by Malinter

Yes. and they screwed up by training them using THEIR tanks so the poor sods blew up russian tanks most of the time. And Equestria has Fluttershy, she can talk them out of doing that... she'll also probably hunt down whoever trained them and use the stare to tell them to die.

Well, bribe a pony and "tell him" he/she is going to be a important figure in the. New conquered land. Learn the secrets... And the yeah... We will now all the weaknesses. Throw napalm on all the food sources. Poison the water. Send uncurable diseases to equestria... Non-stop bombard the civilians. Make a pact with the changelings so that they infiotrate the lines and cause sabotage.

After weakening the morale of the civilians ( as a famous man said "no one can fight a war without the support of the people" or something like that) start sending propaganda to ponoes telling them of mercy if they join you or surrender. Revolts will occur as well as riots. Start burning the forests and bombing every existing settlement to create a wasteland. For sure someponies will prefer life over suffering. I guess celestia wouldnt want to see her subjects suffer and surrender... Whatever the terms might be

Lordavs theory of war, volume 1 chapter 1

The fact that unicorns like Twilight can use magic to pick up objects would mean they could also use there magic to stop a object from lets say flying into them but if you think about how fast bullets are then they would need to have quick reactions, Very quick reactions, but they would be able to stop a missile but apart from stopping missiles i would think Humans technology would win

If we have the power to kill are entire race then i think we have the power to kill ponys

First off I you say Celestas power wont work in the real world I can just say that nukes don't work in equestrian.

but if each side knew that war was coming I don't  think it would end up happening . real world earth threaten nuclear strike Equestra threatens to move the sun or moon.

and uneasy cold war is born.

Edited by Noodles

Another thing is resources. how much manpower, time & money would it cost to research, develop, build and deploy weapons against Equestria....

now imagine discord snaps his figures and turns it into chocolate in an instant...

....yeah...  very demoralising....

Technology can never beat magic until it becomes so advanced it might as well be magic,

if you think about it the ancient people of earth would believe most tech we have now to be magic. Try telling them you can make a metal machine that flies higher than a bird. They'd think you a warlock. XD

Edited by Malinter

Another thing is resources. how much manpower, time & money would it cost to research, develop, build and deploy weapons against Equestria.... now imagine discord snaps his figures and turns it into chocolate in an instant... ....yeah...  very demoralising.... Technology can never beat magic until it becomes so advanced it might as well be magic, if you think about it the ancient people of earth would believe most tech we have now to be magic. Try telling them you can make a metal machine that flies higher than a bird. They'd think you a warlock. XD

Y would discord help. He represent chaos, war is chaos

Y would discord help. He represent chaos, war is chaos

Yes.

Dropping nukes on equestria is one thing, dropping them on him is entirely another. And discord isn't going to let what he believes to be his be reduced to ash by monkeys  with barely the intelligence not point there weapons at each other now is he?

And even if he didn't. He'd just come to Earth and reduce it to chaos...

so humanity loses... again....

The only winning move is not to play (if the opposing team has magic).

Edited by Malinter

Look, the royal sister are powerful but they could not make the rough power of human war technology. They are not goddess but powerful and magical ponies with over 1000 years of experience (or at least Celestia has that not experience). Not only that Princess Celestia would not by from what we have seen no pony has ever killed anyone, as of now Equestria seems to innocent to truly know the brutality of war... at least if we follow canon.

Now fans often have headcanons and fanfiction where Equestria has had past wars, even using the armoured pegasus  of Hearth Warming Eve to justify this and the logic that there was likely conflict with other nations. Which I wont argue with but whether or not they have war experience but they are also a peaceful species. Humanity has waged war with each other since the beginning of history, and with each level of increase of technology they also find new ways to kill and slaughter each other.

You speak of Celestia 'nuking' the UN or using her magic to take out humans but I argue that on two points, first the princess is not a killer and two she does not have the power to match what humanity can dish out.

Re-post:

Well, bribe a pony and "tell him" he/she is going to be a important figure in the. New conquered land. Learn the secrets... And the yeah... We will now all the weaknesses. Throw napalm on all the food sources. Poison the water. Send uncurable diseases to equestria... Non-stop bombard the civilians. Make a pact with the changelings so that they infiotrate the lines and cause sabotage.

After weakening the morale of the civilians ( as a famous man said "no one can fight a war without the support of the people" or something like that) start sending propaganda to ponoes telling them of mercy if they join you or surrender. Revolts will occur as well as riots. Start burning the forests and bombing every existing settlement to create a wasteland. For sure someponies will prefer life over suffering. I guess celestia wouldnt want to see her subjects suffer and surrender... Whatever the terms might be

Lordavs theory of war, volume 1 chapter 1

Discord is the only power that could possibly take on humans and win... but then what would be the cost? A fight between the spirit of chaos and humanity's war technology would end in the death of countless ponies and humans likely... I do not believe Discord can bring the dead back to life.

Look, the royal sister are powerful but they could not make the rough power of human war technology. They are not goddess but powerful and magical ponies with over 1000 years of experience (or at least Celestia has that not experience). Not only that Princess Celestia would not by from what we have seen no pony has ever killed anyone, as of now Equestria seems to innocent to truly know the brutality of war... at least if we follow canon. Now fans often have headcanons and fanfiction where Equestria has had past wars, even using the armoured pegasus of Hearth Warming Eve to justify this and the logic that there was likely conflict with other nations. Which I wont argue with but whether or not they have war experience but they are also a peaceful species. Humanity has waged war with each other since the beginning of history, and with each level of increase of technology they also find new ways to kill and slaughter each other. You speak of Celestia 'nuking' the UN or using her magic to take out humans but I argue that on two points, first the princess is not a killer and two she does not have the power to match what humanity can dish out.

repeat crash the moon into the earth or more importantly threaten to. if you have the raw power to move the sun and moon yes you pretty much have much more raw power Humanity. heck I don't think we could even move our own moon. stalemate.

Edited by Noodles

@@Noodles

I counter with the fact the rules are different in the human world, thus Celestia and Luna would likely be unable to effect our sun and moon... especially our sun.

That and I say that Equestria's sun and moon are different in that they are smaller and revolve around their 'earth'.

Or lastly, this: http://mlpforums.com/topic/27530-how-celestia-and-luna-raise-the-sun-and-moon/

Edited by EquestrianScholar

ok the second that head cannon was shattered when day and night happened at the same time.

on the first we are talking about clashes between a world of magical talking ponies and the real world.

and even if you claim that Celesta has no more power than the pull of titan that's still a shit load of energy. I say far more than necessary to destabilize our Relatively small moon. even if you have the sun in equestrea as small as a white dwarf star.

Besides I can argue that there is something about Equestriea that disallows any tech past steam engines that's not magic based. witch means nukes don't work.

on that one Celesta would not be able to move earth objects but earth could not nuke equestriea. then we have bullets verses magic shields. in that example equestriea is in trouble, up until they actualy invade equestria itself then discord f them up big time. he is chaos but I don't think he would want his world taken over by hairless apes.

Edited by Noodles

Still look at it this way... would she risk the lives of her little ponies in an action what would turn all of humanity against Equestria? More lets say she could crash the moon into the earth, this act would likely bring the extinction of mankind, do you honestly think Celestia would be able to do this? Unless humanity attacks first Celestia is unlikely to attack in turn and throwing the moon into the earth would be the very last resort.

That is assuming she could effect our moon, which I don't believe.

Ok fine I give the heck up tech is god it beats evetying no matter what.

EquestrianScholar, on 30 Nov 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

Members Posted Today, 08:11 AM Discord is the only power that could possibly take on humans and win... but then what would be the cost? A fight between the spirit of chaos and humanity's war technology would end in the death of countless ponies and humans likely... I do not believe Discord can bring the dead back to life

again why discord can clearly change the laws of equestrian physics at a whim. fighting discord would be just like the federation trying to fight Q

@@Noodles

No human war technology beats Equestrian magic in a fight, as ponies don't have anywhere the experience in the bloody art of conflict. Consider this logically

The problem is they have been in a state of peace for a 1000 years, as such do you honestly believe any pony other then maybe the royal sister has the knowledge and skill in combative magic used with the intent to kill. I mean consider Discord, if Celestia or Luna knew death spells and were intent to use them would they need to use the Elements of Harmony?

Heck lets consider the Elements of Harmony, stated outright to be the greatest power in Equestria, every time they are used never once have they actually killed anyone. They banished Nightmare Moon into the Moon and turned Discord into stone.

Ok fine I give the heck up tech is god it beats evetying no matter what.
again why discord can clearly change the laws of equestrian physics at a whim. fighting discord would be just like the federation trying to fight Q

Perhaps so but remember also he is the spirit of conflict and disharmony, that and his alliance is not certain as the only thing holding hims back is Fluttershy has his Morality Pet (TV Tropes, look it up). If anything I could see him actually helping to start conflict between humanity and equestrians.

Heck he could turn ponies inside out or turn their lives into an endless state of death but for him killing isn't fun. With reality warpers anything goes, it is largely for this reason there are so few such beings.

You positive about that state of peace? look at all the royal guards they are not there completely for show. and how fast the main six came to blows with the changelings?<br />besides discord doesn't need to kill antyting just change any object coming from the portal to something humorously harmless. it is had to trump. besides how can the humans fight effectively when they get changed to ponies? (can't believe I forgot about that wrinkle)

I thought I erased that first rant part he he

Edited by Noodles