Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Human Technology Vs Pony Magic in war

Bendy

Pony Magic or Technology, which is more powerful?  

65 users have voted

1. 1. Pony Magic or Technology, which is more powerful?

• Pony Magic
    • Technology

@@Noodles

This is a battle between Human Technology Vs Pony Magic, not Humans Vs Discord nor his chaos powers/magic.

As such for the sake of this debate we need to consider only pony magic, not pony magic plus Discord.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

now imagine discord snaps his figures and turns it into chocolate in an instant...

....yeah...  very demoralising....

Technology can never beat magic until it becomes so advanced it might as well be magic,

Discord doesn't care about the ponies wellbeing! If he saw the nuke falling out of the sky, this is how it would go.

*sees M.O.A.B falling out of the sky*

Discord: Oh whats this? A perfect weapon for chaos, perhaps

*bomb hits the ground and vaporizes Equestria*

Discord: Oh bravo! What a good show! Chaos at it finest

Discord doesn't care about the ponies wellbeing! If he saw the nuke falling out of the sky, this is how it would go.

*sees M.O.A.B falling out of the sky*

Discord: Oh whats this? A perfect weapon for chaos, perhaps

*bomb hits the ground and vaporizes Equestria*

Discord: Oh bravo! What a good show! Chaos at it finest

only now no-one is around for him to goat with about how wonderful chaos is.

only now no-one is around for him to goat with about how wonderful chaos is.

There is always humanity, I mean, have you seen what we can do? Doing crazy stunts and whatnot.

And I do believe that we can wipe Equestria easily with a Tsar bomb. Assuming we are going to build one and use it.

Master of Antics, on 30 Nov 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

Discord doesn't care about the ponies wellbeing! If he saw the nuke falling out of the sky, this is how it would go. *sees M.O.A.B falling out of the sky* Discord: Oh whats this? A perfect weapon for chaos, perhaps *bomb hits the ground and vaporizes Equestria* Discord: Oh bravo! What a good show! Chaos at it finest

then he would be board silly for the rest of forever or go to hearth and fuck with them. forever.

and discord clearly has the power to kill pretty much anyponie at any time if he was that much into pure chaos and random murder tell me why there are any ponies left he would have killed the main six right out no main six no stone form. he is in it for the sheer fun of it. killing everyone might be good for a short kick but what about after. he can clearly plan for events hundreds of years in advance. I don't see him as that short sighted. tormenting thes ponies and now human or human turned to ponies is much more fun.

again discord is not a mass murder cause that would not be fun for long and you must think long term if you live forever.

if he did just let equesra get nuked and move to earth sorry buddy but earth is fucked.

Edited by Noodles

@@Noodles

A couple of things I would like to point out:

* First the fact the writers say it isn't canon, which I admit I think is stupid, but that is another discussion for another day.

* Second if we do allow that a transformation would take place, since this is a war, it matters who was going where. Remember Twilight lost her horn and could not use magic in the human world, except for the crown but that is gone now. So Celestia wouldn't be able to effect the moon anyway.

* Third I would argue that it matters the portal, sure I would allow that the mirror would turn a human into a pony but not other portals. That would be an assumption.

There is always humanity, I mean, have you seen what we can do? Doing crazy stunts and whatnot.

And I do believe that we can wipe Equestria easily with a Tsar bomb. Assuming we are going to build one and use it.

And humanity will just let him waltz right over? So why were they fighting ponies if they have no problems with a  chaos lord warping the earth? XD

you know it seems most folks want tech to win so it wins. no use cause anyting I come up with you will just nullify.

pony magic wont work the same in our world but tech will work just fine in equestra. that is called staking the deck.

and if the portal did transform ether way I would say nether side would win. but tech plainly works in equestria and magic is clearly weakend in the real world. so yes tech wins.

I got to know what the heck is a zsar bomb?

@@Noodles

Actually I am willing to say both would work, my argument is which side has more battle experience and has create warfare application for what they have?

Humanity has waged war with itself since the beginning of civilization, a single individual having more blood on their hands then likely all of Equestria. Mankind is just much more violent and have the greed, selfishness, and fear needed to attack without logical reason. That is my argument, and why I feel technology would win as we have more powerful and diverse ways of killing then Equestria could even imagine.

you didn't let in one key pony magic the ability to move stellar objects. as presented in the show they are stellar objects. a sun and a moon. your argument is that the two worlds don't work the same. that's stacking the deck. and if it were nesasary to save her world and her ponies I do belive sun but would drop the moon or if you want a smaller object lets say a five mile across asteroid on them.

besides even if she had just moved it with a burst of energy equivent to the tidal pull of titan that would be far more than the nessasary energy to pull the  moon out of its orbit. yes titan's gravitational pull can be that powerful please rember how mind numbing the objects we are talking about are. the moon is a speck of dust in comarsion to the sun and a very small fraction of titan's size to boot. the energy we are talking a bout is mind numbingly big.

Edited by Noodles

@@Noodles

But that is the problem, I don't believe the royal sisters could or would use the celestial bodies as weapons. At the very least I don't believe they could use our sun and moon for such. I have not nor will I see the royal sisters as ponies with the powers of a deity, as such I don't feel your argument of throwing the moon at earth would work.

The most I would allow is that Celestia and Luna would try and bluff humanity with the threat of doing such because I don't believe they have the power to carry out the threat.

well you refuse to believe in abilities they display quite clearly in the show. because Equestriea is different than earth. if that's true witch it is there no way of knowing how earth tech works in Equestriea. after all in equestria the moon up means night and the sun up means day. to assume anything works normal there is a bit of a stretch.

however the debate need to take into account known abilities of each world. to dismiss one ability because it seems godlike to you is not correct.

you know it seems most folks want tech to win so it wins. no use cause anyting I come up with you will just nullify.

pony magic wont work the same in our world but tech will work just fine in equestra. that is called staking the deck.

and if the portal did transform ether way I would say nether side would win. but tech plainly works in equestria and magic is clearly weakend in the real world. so yes tech wins.

I got to know what the heck is a zsar bomb?

A Tsar Bomba can produce up to 100 megatons worth of power, and this is a hydrogen bomb. When the Russians first detonated it, it was at 50% of its power. The largest bomb to be detonated as of yet.

Perhaps the technology would not work well as it does here but the bottom line is humanity has far greater experience in the art of war and that I feel makes the most important difference.

That still doesn't change the fact that I do not believe the royal sisters have the power to turn our celestial bodies into weapons. I have never seen Celestia and Luna as goddesses. The only time I'd ever have them be such is in a D&D/Pathfinder campaign.

well fine without the crystal heart doing anyting and the sisters not moving the sun or moon earth tech wins.

just tell me how they don't move the sun and moon in equreatia? and don't go with that tital tug garbage as that is proven false with season 4

What would the Crystal Heart have anything to do with this, and when did I not say it doesn't count? Not that I really feel it could do much, I see it as a more defensive/moral based item.

Also this isn't Majora's Mask, why are you so fixated on the royal sisters being able throw the moon at the earth?

Lastly if Celestia was really as powerful as you think she is she wouldn't have been defeated by love empowered bug queen.

the crystal heart spreads love its hard to fight when your fealing the love.

fine they cant move them.

if this wasn't 4th season I could just pull the elements of harmony I win button. but alas they are locked up tight.

Edited by Noodles

Hmm, you actually have a good case with the Crystal Heart though I don't think all humans would be effected by it. It would definitely weaken them though as it could possible effect many of the soldiers into not wanting to fight... admittingly many of them probably wouldn't want to fight away or be hesitate as they are facing talking candy colored ponies.

Also one thing you never got me on what the fact the larger weapons humanity possess might not be able to make it through any portals found or made. Nukes would be hard to bring to bear against Equestria unless a missile silo was able to be build in Equestria.

Still I stand by ground on humanity having greater combat experience and being far more willing to kill then equestrians.

hay take the crystal heart to earth convert a few use them to convert a bunch more repeat till we end war on earth. kid of a side note realy.

the elements of harmony our wonderful plot mega device I win button out of reach* yes I am still on about that. but story wise one of the better ideas. if she had them she could banish them all to the moon just kidding.

I know sick a bunch of pinkie pie fun clones at them. overwhelm them with fun seeking pinkie clones. ok I am desperate.

Edited by Noodles

It really depends upon how far in the future, how advanced the tech is, and depending on exactly how powerful the ponies are actually in war.

Thing is far as we know ponies don't seem very skilled in war, only the mane 6 and like celestia and Luna and a few royal guards ever fight it seems.

Sure they're good in 1 on 1 fights, but vs entire armies of soldiers with war experience compared to ponies who don't seem to posses that?

It's hard to say as we don't truly know how capable ponies would be in an actual war as we've never seen them in one, but judging from now I think they'd most likely lose.

However, who knows what the other ponies are capable of in this kind of thing, or even celestia Luna and the mane 6.

It's hard to say, but humans have some quite deadly weapons, so I'd probably say humans for now.

Ponies could do retro-ingenering to obtain human weapon, but we cannot, even with advanced science, mimic the magic power of the ponies.

We could win the war if we do a fast attack, but if the ponies already have human technology, we're screwed.