Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilicane

Jamesblorg39welsh

What I am ASKING, is why is this a meme?

It is just a damn Scepter made by DISCORD, the god of random crazy..things!

Explain why every time i go to a pony art site all i see for the past week of posts are shots of this Scepter in luke skywalkers hands or being a power ranger transformation wand.

lol i just do not get it! And I get in-show jokes, really I do! But this just seems like desperation on part of the fans to find something to glomp onto from the new season, why is no one making jokes about how "big" Twilight is growing! She is taller and larger then pre-alicorn, why no fat jokes?!?!

Anyways, <3, the community never stops me from eye rolling, in a good way...But I still do not get this meme!

What I am ASKING, is why is this a meme?

It is just a damn Scepter made by DISCORD, the god of random crazy..things!

Explain why every time i go to a pony art site all i see for the past week of posts are shots of this Scepter in luke skywalkers hands or being a power ranger transformation wand.

lol i just do not get it! And I get in-show jokes, really I do! But this just seems like desperation on part of the fans to find something to glomp onto from the new season, why is no one making jokes about how "big" Twilight is growing! She is taller and larger then pre-alicorn, why no fat jokes?!?!

Anyways, <3, the community never stops me from eye rolling, in a good way...But I still do not get this meme!

Ok i see what you mean and i don't really know what meme's are...

It's a forced meme, people don't really like it, however there are those that just shove it everywhere. Expect to see it here a while.

Also, Season 4 = Fanfics galore (especially twilight scepter)

I got this coach, put me in.

Alright, I haven't even seen the season 4 premier or the season 3 finale for that matter so I can say basically nothing in relation tp what Twilight's Golden Stick Thingy actually has to do with the episode, but I'd say it's just because it's goofy looking.

I mean look at it:

Youmeanlikethisgoldenstickthingy_zps2dc6

It's totally like "The fuck is that"

It has like a goofy more cartoonish than usual look on it's face... And from what I actually do know about it from just seeing videos of it and stuff is this: 

I betcha everyone and anyone that was watching that episode had like a "da fuk" look on their face when that was given to Twilight. Mostly because who just has a random as golden stick thingy to hand out with your face on it? I guess you can blame magic on it, but it's just plain goofy looking.

That's my take on it. And yes, I call it a "Magic Golden Stick Thingy" because I can. And yes, I made that picture.

Edited by Chevette
  • Brohoof 2

You can't force a meme. Either they work and take off like Twilicane, or they die a slow linger death... sometimes both.

Or they're forced, like Twilicane. This didn't "take off". It's just this random thing that's being shoehorned everywhere despite not having the momentum to take off. All I've seen about this cane is a few photoshops and a ton of people wondering why these photoshops are trying to create a meme. That is the very definition of "forced meme".

• Brohoof 1

People seem to like Twilight's goofy-looking face on the scepter. I personally find the meme stupid but the fandom has enjoyed dumber ones such as the "Scootaloo is a chicken" one. 

Honestly, I never even noticed the cane in the episode. I wouldn't know it existed if not for threads of countless forum members puzzling as to why it's become a fandom trend...And that's just sad.

Or they're forced, like Twilicane. This didn't "take off". It's just this random thing that's being shoehorned everywhere despite not having the momentum to take off. All I've seen about this cane is a few photoshops and a ton of people wondering why these photoshops are trying to create a meme. That is the very definition of "forced meme".

Indeed, Know Your Meme does in fact have an entry on forced memes. I concede the point. :) Touché!

Although, I was savvy enough to guess that it would become a meme in my review of the episode.

Edited by SolarFox

I got this coach, put me in.

Alright, I haven't even seen the season 4 premier or the season 3 finale for that matter so I can say basically nothing in relation tp what Twilight's Golden Stick Thingy actually has to do with the episode, but I'd say it's just because it's goofy looking.

I mean look at it:

Youmeanlikethisgoldenstickthingy_zps2dc6

It's totally like "The fuck is that"

It has like a goofy more cartoonish than usual look on it's face... And from what I actually do know about it from just seeing videos of it and stuff is this: 

I betcha everyone and anyone that was watching that episode had like a "da fuk" look on their face when that was given to Twilight. Mostly because who just has a random as golden stick thingy to hand out with your face on it? I guess you can blame magic on it, but it's just plain goofy looking.

That's my take on it. And yes, I call it a "Magic Golden Stick Thingy" because I can. And yes, I made that picture.

I haven't seen a episode like this but i seen the magic conch and that guy but surely never seen a mlp episode with cane's.

You people are missing the point of a meme. They are supposed to be stupidly pointless and nonsensical. The very reason that it is a thing, is because it is a pony head on a stick. There is no more to it. That's it. Meme material.

And besides, it's not even a cane, it's a Scepter. Major difference there.

• Brohoof 2

Just one of the many pointless bandwagons that this fandom has created. This fandom makes forced memes all the time, so it is of no surprise. Anyone remember the Feld0 meme garbage that was a thing for a short while? Luckily that died pretty quickly, but it is a good example of what I mean. Personally, I don't exactly see anything funny about the scepter and I haven't even seen really anything funny that involves it, yet anyways.

Because the Twilicane was rather goofy. Discord trolled Twilight when she ran back to Ponyville, and one of the items included was a glorious little scepter* with a really hilarious, goofy face of Twilight on it. When you have something small, yet memorable and silly, it's bound to catch on. Unlike the gak meme (a response to people feeling nostalgic from Nick's glory days of the '90s, the consecutive repetition of the commercials, and how boring TCE was), it's part of the show so it's going to be seen by those keen enough to catch the details long after the show's canceled.

The Twilicane meme has produced a couple of really hilarious parodies.

480148__safe_solo_animated_parody_upvote

tumblr_mwu8jtJ7HL1t3vjowo1_1280.png

Both links.

And after being serious for some time, the Twilicane meme was a gigantic breath of fresh air, because it gave me the opportunity to be loose. The meme was silly, and I LOVE IT! :D

Anyone remember the Feld0 meme garbage that was a thing for a short while?

Damn right I do, and it was a whole lotta fun. It was loose and silly, and the well-timed pics were just calling for it to be memed. :lol: It was a good way to cap off the greatness that was BronyCon 2013. :D

*Yeah, if you were to call it correctly, it should be called the Twiliscepter, but Twilicane is catchier, cooler, and rolls off the tongue better. Besides…

• Brohoof 1

The only thing that annoys me about it is the display of brony ignorance.

>"brony ignorance"; not making sense

I refuse to call it anything but the Twili-scepter.

'Scept that's una-scepter-ble! Twilight cane't let anypony insult the greatness that's the Twilicane the "Twiliscepter." Anytime somepony does, Twilight makes them wand-er out of Canterlot. :lol:

• Brohoof 1