Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The MLP series once FIM is over

Zoraxe

What would you prefere the next gen be?  

37 users have voted

1. 1. What would you prefere the next gen be?

• Same Universe as G4.
    • New Universe, with new versions of the characters.
    • New Universe, with a completely new cast.
    • I'm not interested in MLP after FIM.

Based on patterns for the series, G4 will most likely outlast the show. Meaning G4 toys will keep getting made after the last episode airs. MLP seems to work in decades, G1 was the 80s, G2/G1.5 was the 90s, G3/G3.5 was the 00s, and now G4 is the MLP of the 10s. So if that pattern stays than we wont see a new MLP show until the 2020s! You thought waiting for Season 4 was bad, try imagining waiting half a decade for new ponies! Of coarse that doesn't mean that will happen like that again, they may create a G5 much sooner, it would be stupid of Hasbro to not give us anything pony to watch for that stretch of time.

So G4 might end not too long after the show after all, and we may get G5 this decade. Or, we may get a 'G4.5' instead.

The G2 line of toys didn't sell well, so even though the G1 show ended, they kept selling the G1 toys into the 90s and the show they made in the 90s was thus considered apart of the G1 line, hence 'My Little Pony Tales' was not 'G2', but was instead 'G1.5'. And after G3, instead of going somewhere new, they simply kept doing G3 in a new style, hence 'G3.5' (And Newborn Cuties). So, going by that and the extreme popularity of MLP in its current incarnation, we may expect a 'G4.5' before we see a 'G5'.

So I have some ideas of what might happen once the last episode airs, Hasbro might decide to keep making FIM, but as direct to DVD movies, like how G3 worked. Or we may see an 'Equestria Girls' TV show or series of Movies, Equestria Girls is a separate brand so maybe it already is G4.5?

And of coarse, once the new Gen arrives, I wonder what it will be like? What would you prefer? A reboot? Meaning a new incarnation of the Ponyverse like how G1 is not the same canon as G4 (...Unless they are actually the same universe... I'm assuming not). Or would you like it being the same universe as G4, but with different characters? The current mane 6 may still be characters in a G4.5 or G5 if it takes place in the same canon, but if its a new ponyverse, it may be with new versions of our mane 6, like it could be a new Rainbow Dash, with a new Twilight, and maybe a G5 Minty. Or maybe completely new characters, who knows?

Based on patterns for the series, G4 will most likely outlast the show. Meaning G4 toys will keep getting made after the last episode airs. MLP seems to work in decades, G1 was the 80s, G2/G1.5 was the 90s, G3/G3.5 was the 00s, and now G4 is the MLP of the 10s. So if that pattern stays than we wont see a new MLP show until the 2020s! You thought waiting for Season 4 was bad, try imagining waiting half a decade for new ponies! Of coarse that doesn't mean that will happen like that again, they may create a G5 much sooner, it would be stupid of Hasbro to not give us anything pony to watch for that stretch of time.

So G4 might end not too long after the show after all, and we may get G5 this decade. Or, we may get a 'G4.5' instead.

The G2 line of toys didn't sell well, so even though the G1 show ended, they kept selling the G1 toys into the 90s and the show they made in the 90s was thus considered apart of the G1 line, hence 'My Little Pony Tales' was not 'G2', but was instead 'G1.5'. And after G3, instead of going somewhere new, they simply kept doing G3 in a new style, hence 'G3.5' (And Newborn Cuties). So, going by that and the extreme popularity of MLP in its current incarnation, we may expect a 'G4.5' before we see a 'G5'.

So I have some ideas of what might happen once the last episode airs, Hasbro might decide to keep making FIM, but as direct to DVD movies, like how G3 worked. Or we may see an 'Equestria Girls' TV show or series of Movies, Equestria Girls is a separate brand so maybe it already is G4.5?

And of coarse, once the new Gen arrives, I wonder what it will be like? What would you prefer? A reboot? Meaning a new incarnation of the Ponyverse like how G1 is not the same canon as G4 (...Unless they are actually the same universe... I'm assuming not). Or would you like it being the same universe as G4, but with different characters? The current mane 6 may still be characters in a G4.5 or G5 if it takes place in the same canon, but if its a new ponyverse, it may be with new versions of our mane 6, like it could be a new Rainbow Dash, with a new Twilight, and maybe a G5 Minty. Or maybe completely new characters, who knows?

They'll continue with whatever's best for marketing, if it's this generation it'll stay this generation, if not it won't.

I put new universe with new versions of the characters but I think there should be a new mane cast with a boy included or maybe a few boys. And the old mane characters should still be present but a bit older. I also think Ponyville should be turned into mini canterlot and ruled by Twilight. Also Spike should be a teenager. :D

Twilight would rule Ponyville which would be called Ponytopia or something. Zecora would be her Royal adviser and the Royal doctor. Apple Jack would be the chef or Captain of the Royal Guard. Rainbow Dash would either be Captain of the Royal Guard or a Wonderbolt. Rarity would be the Royal seamstress (or Fashionista) and Fluttershy would be the Royal Keeper of Animals. 

And the new mane cast would be the CMC and some other ponies. :D

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...

G4 had nothing new. It had everything from previous generations. But I hope a G5 starts with more original character and better and more original villains, because G4 isn't exactly what I would call a good show. For girls, maybe.

I don't think I would be interested in MLP after FiM, I'm sure G5 will be different from G4, and maybe it'll be more like the previous generations than G4.

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

I'm optimistic, new characters means new personalities playing off each other. If done right the series will stay fresh and new, and keep the Brony fandom train rolling!

I wish they were in the same universe as FiM. I wonder if they will look the same! If it gets inappropriate, I'm out.

Same universe, different kingdom, maybe?
Different characters as well.

Will the same universe have the same looks? I don't know, but I hope it can take place in another never-before-seen town, same universe in Equestria (maybe exploring life out of Equestria!) and a new set of characters.

I think they may do something such as transition to 3D in season 5.

Though I believe they may keep the main cast.

Hm.. They MIGHT have the same universe, which is what I'm hoping if they even have a G5.

Though, no doubt it'll be something new. I don't mind it of course, but I kind of like the current characters.

• Brohoof 1

Could swear they confirmed at least 5 more years or something...

What exactly did they say? They may mean 5 more years of G4 as a whole, as in new G4 toys and playsets after the show is done...

Edited by Zoraxe

I'd keep my mind open. As long as the show doesn't fall into gender or kiddy stereotypes too much, then I think the show would have promise if capable writers are aboard.

having lost their powers during the final battle with the evil Lord Zedd, the mane 6 travel amongst the stars looking for their next adventure, and a way to protect their world.

what they find is a galaxy teaming with life and power, a place of great adventure and power. Upon crashing on KO-34 they meet the one team that may just be able to save them, and the world they call home.

Don't miss this exicting next chaper of the My Little pony Saga:

IN SPACE!

The only acceptable option for post g4 pony.

• Brohoof 1

I'd say they should reboot it like they normally do, but keep in spirit of G4 by having a similar cast and setting. The franchise does reboot every 10 years to give it a fresh new look for a new generation. If there are things that ain't broke, don't fix 'em.

I think they may do something such as transition to 3D in season 5.

A lot of people would be against this if it happened, but I wouldn't be. It might offer a fresh new visual style and lots of possibilities as far as special effects. I wouldn't rule this out either.

• Brohoof 1

What got me watching was that Faust was involved, i was also a big fan of the art style, so i'd likely be uninterested after G4 ends unless, of course, they maintain the quality and art style from G4, can't say the same of previous generations.

Since G4 seems to be the most successful generation, Hasbro is probably going to produce something related to FIM, whether we like it or not. Personally, I'd want to see G4.5 take the LoK route, by having it set in the same universe, but we get to see Equestria set 6 or so decades ahead of FIM.

I guess that would be too good to be true. They're probably just going to reboot it, give us basically the exact same thing, and not take any risks.

Edited by SpaceOnion