Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could Shining Armor And Vinyl Scratch Be Twins?

Denim&Venöm

Creating Shining Armor as a sibling for Twilight Sparkle just so she could get mad at him for not telling her about a wedding was already a waste of an episode.

I don't consider the second episode in the two part a waste because we got to see another cool villain. Albeit for a short time. 

Not a chance.

Shining Armour is Twilight's big brother. Sure that Vinyl and Shining share the same coat color, are the same race and have the same mane and tail color. But nowhere in that picture gives anyone the idea that they are related. If they were, that would be cool. You cannot just assume that because somepony has the same color mane, coat and or same race means that they are related. Just no. Sorry.

Pure coincidence in all regards. And if ya read the comics they do show Vinyl and her father :)

Flitter and Cloud Chaser

or.. the spa twins, Aloe and whatshername..

• 9 months later...

With as many background and one-time characters that this show loves to use, reocurring color schemes are bound to happen, everywhere, all the time. Anyone remember barnyard Octavia, for example?

I smell a fan theory about this, namely that Octavia is a part of the Pie family, again based on the color scheme and the fact that the pies are farmers and have massive families in order to divide up the work, which as of Pinkie Apple Pie, connects the Pies to the apples.

As a result, that does linke Octavia and Fiddlesticks.

@@GrimCW

Lotus ^_^

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...
(edited)

Thankz you for bringing up this topic. Guys, isn't Shining Armor adopted? If thats the case i think it brings the percentages to a 50 percent. But srsly... i dont think that Lauren would make them look simlar on purpose  :P

Edited by plazma10263

Wow see a bit of these topics. This pony is related to that pony because they have a similar color palette.

I think this confusion can be made since the ponies all look the same as in Stallions all have similar body shape, Mares have the similar body shapes, and so forth with foals, fillies, colts etc.

There are some special cases like Big Mac, Snips and Snails, Troubleshoes, Babs Seed etc.

I mean you don't hear about Captain America and Thor are brothers just because both have blonde hair and blue eyes because Thor is a big bigger than Captain America.

No, for the same reason Obama and Neil degrasse Tyson aren't brothers. Or Jim Carey and Mariah Carey. And 1 billion people in China aren't all one big family. You get the idea ;P

(edited)

In the fimfic The Study of a Winning Pony by Ponibius 

Twilight Sparkle actually discovers that she's related to Vinyl Scratch (as a half-sister i think). i won't spoil the story (which is part of the Winningverse) but it pretty much starts with the question on Shining Armor and VS's similarities and develops from there. It's a decent but not great fic. ;)   

Edited by Freewave

If it is possible, it is an unlikely thing. Like me making peace with my life. Possible but not THAT possible.

remember that Twilight didn't say a thing about having a brother until 51 episodes in, so her casually forgetting to mention Vinyl as her sister isn't too far fetched.

I just checked the transcript and didn't find anything to suggest that the other five found out just that day.

Wise words of Applejack - "Your brother's gettin' married? Congratulations, Twilight! That's great news!" It was not followed by, "Wait, whaaaaat? You have a brother?"

Can you imagine an episode where the Mane 6 spend 17 minutes at a cafe table talking and eating (any casual conversation, not even pop culture references, because that would keep the audience at least a little interested, and we don't want that now, do we?) before we are "treated" to a five minute sequence of them going to each of their homes? But wait, that sounds exactly like something six best friends would do.

It's possible Twilight told them about her brother prior.

I sincerley doubt that they are related.

I hate it when fans jump to conclusions like this just because two ponies look similar.

• 1 year later...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zDZXlVTtU0k

If she were Shining Armor's sister, then we would of had some kind of confirmation somewhere. Wouldn't she hang around Canterlot a little more like Twilight if her two other siblings were monarchs? Sure, she was at the wedding, but she most likely got a paycheck afterwards and wasn't there for the sake of family. Same color scheme doesn't settle it. That's like saying Diamond Tiara is actually Pinkie Pie's daughter because they're both pink and earth ponies.

Edited by Dr.Egoshire
  • Brohoof 1

A lot of ponies have that velvety eye color.

I think we would have found out by now if Vinylla swirl and Shining Armor were twins. But as far as one argument goes (matching colors doesn't make ponies related) it doesn't necessarily mean they aren't either. Maud, Limestone and Marble all have similar coloration. Then you got Pinkie Pie of course but I think it's safe to consider her the one weird grape in a bushel of bananas on their way to Jupiter's love patch.

I also think it's safe to say that there's not necessarily any reason for Vinylla to have had more contact with Twilight and Shining Armor if she were their sibling. She seems like she's a pretty popular musician or whatnot so maybe she just wanted to separate all that from her family and personal life. I'm just saying it's not technically closed off from the realm of reasonable possibility.

Edited by K1539

Diamond Tiara is actually Pinkie Pie's daughter because they're both pink and earth ponies.

OMG, now you've done it! You created a new theory for others to expand upon!

And it all makes sense now!

Vinyl is totally Twillys long lost sister. Vinyl will become next Alicorn princess of Wubs.

• Brohoof 2

I think this confusion is similar how people would notice a gray and yellow mane filly and think that it's Muffin's little sister or daughter.

And there was an older pony that looked like Babs Seed in terms of coat color and mane in Manehattan that talked to Applejack and Rarity with a New York accent who I thought could be Babs Seed's mother (Babs Seeds is from Manehattan after all)

Edited by cider float

Shining Armor has mad DJ skills that he learned from his "sister" whenever a time the Royal Guard is off duty(as for a matter of fact, nearly all the time) and that's what really goes on in Canterlot.