Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Journals replacing the Letters? *spoilers*

Seaweed-Headed Dragon

Well Twilights letters to Celestia restored her when she was discorded so perhaps. Maybe the journal will be embued with special properties over time.

I think its more that now they have learned so much about being friends that there is little they themselves need to learn (apart from the odd crisis) but they should leave something for others to learn after them.  

Edited by Malinter
  • Brohoof 1

I think it would be interesting if they replaced the letters with journals. It could give us more in-site on what the characters are thinking, and play an interesting story role. 

I mean, it worked well in star Trek with the "captain's logs" 

Edited by Commander Tangent
  • Brohoof 1

I think it's very cool to have journal entries replacing the letters to the princess.  I think it shows the students are slowly becoming the teachers, and they've changed the focus of learning friendship to teaching friendship.

• Brohoof 1

It would be an interesting change, and one for the better. It would give more insight on the thoughts of the characters, as said like the "Captain's Log" in Star Trek. You know that the guy that plays Discord played Q in Star Trek: The Next Generation? I'm just saying that might be where it comes from.

Edited by Twilight Sniper

I like the idea of the journals, especially since there is no need now for the letters to Celestia.  Now the lessons don't have to be *just* about friendship.

And I have no real evidence at all to suggest this, but I have a vague feeling that what they learn through the journals is going to help them find the keys to unlock the box at the end of episode 2. 

I think the journal is going to be interesting. But this is coming from a guy that thinks it's outrageous to think that Twilight is left in the same level as the other princesses. What did it mean for Twilight to become a princess? What DOES it mean, in the sense of her knowledge? I thought that it was because she understands the magic of friendship and thus, has nothing more to learn from Celestia. After all, this understanding is what Star Swirl the Bearded was missing.

Maybe it can be said that there is always something to learn, no matter how much you know. But then what was the point of her coronation?

So the journal is resurrection of a dead dynamic that they abandoned in season 3. Honestly, right now, it makes no difference to me and I'd rather they didn't do it.

Hmm, this could raise a lot of questions and I think the journals might be able to replace the letters. The journals can tell their own stories from their own point of view and perspective. A journal can be adapted to tell others about a long journey that you've been on to discover who you are or being able to teach others through the lessons that you learned along the way. From learning friendship to teaching friendship.

Rather than using the journals to convey a lesson in friendship they will probably use them to reflect on personal experiences and possibly site how what they have learned is applied. I don't mind it they had to find a way to end an episode with a closure rather than an abrupt black screen fade with diminishing laughter.

Well it's obvious that they are. As for what they'll write in the journal, or how often somepony will want to write in it, that remains to be seen. After season 3 though, I don't think it'll be every episode, but that's just my rough prediction. :huh: