Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Problem with reply box

Wardaddy

Ok, so I'm currently having this problem where, upon first glance at the reply box, I see a long, thin, black line running the length of the box, like an enlarged blinking line. Also, whenever I try to change text size on a new line, the blinking line resets to the top of the page and refuses to stay where I want it to stay. It's driving me insane and so, if anyone could lend a hoof, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Long story short, what's going on here?

Im not entirely sure about the issue without screenshots or possibly with.

I've not really had this issue before that I'm aware of. Maybe like harmy said your key is stuck? Otherwise not sure what would cause the blinking line to refuse to move.

The black line part across the reply box I just dont quite understand, sorry. Id check your keyboard for the blinking line issue, otherwise I'm not sure.

Good luck!

Ok, exactly how can I provide a screenshot?

If you are using Windows, you can take a screenshot by pressing the PrtSc (print screen) key on your keyboard. Open up an image editing program, select the edit menu, and click paste. Save the image as an image file (it would have a file extension such as but not limited to .png or .jpg). You could then upload it as an attachment into your post by clicking the "Choose Files..." button below "Attach Files," which is in turn directly below the post editor on the main post editing page. Once it is uploaded, click the red add to post button to add your screenshot to your post.

If you are using Windows, you can take a screenshot by pressing the PrtSc (print screen) key on your keyboard. Open up an image editing program, select the edit menu, and click paste. Save the image as an image file (it would have a file extension such as but not limited to .png or .jpg). You could then upload it as an attachment into your post by clicking the "Choose Files..." button below "Attach Files," which is in turn directly below the post editor on the main post editing page. Once it is uploaded, click the red add to post button to add your screenshot to your post.

Actually there is something else which will work better than the print screen button. In the Windows start menu search for "snipping tool" with that you can select an area on your screen to take a snapshot of. You can also download something called "LightShot" which is identical to the snipping tool and you take screenshots with that by pressing the print screen button and selecting an area on the screen by clicking and dragging your mouse. Edited by Emperor Posh
  • Brohoof 2

Ok, I'm actually having to classify my personal reply box as broken. The Image and Link tabs refuse to close when I try to close them, as in, I can open them, but I can't close them by myself. What the hay man?

Also, I'm running Windows 8.1 and for some goddamn reason it won't let me paste images from My Pictures, Windows Photo Viewer or even the Internet, which I can use to open the picture if I want to. Any ideas folks?

• Brohoof 1

Ok, I'm actually having to classify my personal reply box as broken. The Image and Link tabs refuse to close when I try to close them, as in, I can open them, but I can't close them by myself. What the hay man?

Also, I'm running Windows 8.1 and for some goddamn reason it won't let me paste images from My Pictures, Windows Photo Viewer or even the Internet, which I can use to open the picture if I want to. Any ideas folks?

Instead of uploading the images here, upload the images to imgur.com and provide a link in your post.

• Brohoof 1

Ok, this is getting really weird. I can't paste images OR links either. What in the hay is going on here?

I really can't imagine how you wouldn't be able to post a link. Just highlight the url, copy it, and paste it in the reply box. It doesn't have to turn blue or anything. The url consists of characters just like the ones you are using in your posts - if you can post normally here you can also post links.

By the way, I have yet another problem with the reply box. I can't quote other user's posts, so to answer your statement, Sky Chaser, I'm as weirded out by this as you are, trust me. And Posh, I'll do so, but I don't think it will help this.

This message was typed using Safari.

Image and Link tabs are closing by my will, there are no black lines visible anywhere on the box borders.

Image successfully pasted

http://bleedingfuryx020.deviantart.com/art/Celtic-Thunder-388982321

Link successfully pasted

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would seem that the reply box works on Safari, while it does not on Internet Explorer. Does this mean I'll have to use Safari to use the forums?

By the way, I have yet another problem with the reply box. I can't quote other user's posts, so to answer your statement, Sky Chaser, I'm as weirded out by this as you are, trust me. And Posh, I'll do so, but I don't think it will help this.

This message was typed using Safari.

Image and Link tabs are closing by my will, there are no black lines visible anywhere on the box borders.

Image successfully pasted

http://bleedingfuryx020.deviantart.com/art/Celtic-Thunder-388982321

Link successfully pasted

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would seem that the reply box works on Safari, while it does not on Internet Explorer. Does this mean I'll have to use Safari to use the forums?

What version of Internet Explorer are you using? I am assuming Internet Explorer 11.

It seems there are some compatibility problems with Internet Explorer and the forums as someone else was/is having a similar issue. http://mlpforums.com/topic/79401-am-i-the-only-one-not-able-to-quote-posts/

I suggest making a support ticket Here! if the problem persists as there is not much else we/the Moderators can do if it is a compatibility issue with Internet Explorer, it is something the Admins will have to look into.

EDIT: It seems I am correct about the incompatibility with Internet Explorer and the IP.Board forum software. I have been reading through the IPS bug tracker and it seems a few people are reporting the same issues that have been posted here.

IPS Bug Tracker!

Edited by Emperor Posh
  • Brohoof 1

What version of Internet Explorer are you using? I am assuming Internet Explorer 11.

It seems there are some compatibility problems with Internet Explorer and the forums as someone else was/is having a similar issue. http://mlpforums.com/topic/79401-am-i-the-only-one-not-able-to-quote-posts/

I suggest making a support ticket Here! if the problem persists as there is not much else we/the Moderators can do if it is a compatibility issue with Internet Explorer, it is something the Admins will have to look into.

EDIT: It seems I am correct about the incompatibility with Internet Explorer and the IP.Board forum software. I have been reading through the IPS bug tracker and it seems a few people are reporting the same issues that have been posted here.

IPS Bug Tracker!

Interesting. So, what should I do now? Should I continue using Safari or Internet Explorer to communicate?

By the way, it seems I can't successfully post images using Safari, so unless I should start using Chrome, I don't know what to do.

• Brohoof 1

Just a heads up, as was mentioned a few bugs have been flying around lately. Most of them are minor, and Lavo is working on swatting them with his programming bug swatter. If using another Browser solves your issues, then thats the best solution for now, at least until these bugs have been fixed.

• Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...

, are you still experiencing any of these issues?

Not on Safari anyway. I tried using Internet Explorer again, and while the black line has gone from the reply box, the blinking line still refuses to stay where I want it,. I'm also kind of reluctant to use it again, for fear the problems that plagued it before have not been fixed. How are things with the forum fix anyway? Good to see you've fixed the search system. 

• Brohoof 1

Not on Safari anyway. I tried using Internet Explorer again, and while the black line has gone from the reply box, the blinking line still refuses to stay where I want it,. I'm also kind of reluctant to use it again, for fear the problems that plagued it before have not been fixed. How are things with the forum fix anyway? Good to see you've fixed the search system.

We keep a running list of current bugs in this thread, and we denote what has been fixed and what has not been fixed.

For now, I would recommend just avoiding the use of any browsers in which you experience these issues. However, we will leave this thread open so that a technical administrator can post here if they have been able to fix any of these issues.

We keep a running list of current bugs in this thread, and we denote what has been fixed and what has not been fixed.

For now, I would recommend just avoiding the use of any browsers in which you experience these issues. However, we will leave this thread open so that a technical administrator can post here if they have been able to fix any of these issues.

Perfect. Thanks a bunch lad  :)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Im gonna go ahead and lock this thread up for now as it's been open for more then 2 months with no change. Should an update occur regarding this I will reopen the thread.

For now, locksy Wocksy  C:

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.