Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fallout Equestria radio-play in need of talented VA's. *OPEN*

Sterity

Greetings,

We are beginning production of an exciting and never before seen radio-play set in the Fallout Equestria wasteland and we are in need of voice actors to fill many of the roles.

The story follows a disgraced and broken dashite as he discovers just how harsh the wasteland is to the weak and innocent at heart all while trying to find those who caused him to venture into the wastes in the first place...

And make them pay.

Currently we have 1 script written for an introductory teaser and are in need of several male VAs, one of which will be long term throughout the production of the series. If you are a female you may also audition a sample reel as we can assure you that female parts WILL be introduced later and we will stay in touch with you if we determine you fit the part.

Although these are voice auditions, if you have skills in writing, proofreading, sound editing, etc, please feel free to let us know.

While we understand that we all have our own personal lives complete with social aspects and unforeseen crisis, we do insist that our VAs have a work ethic.

SAMPLE LINES FOUND AT BOTTOM OF POST.

Mic requirements:

As this is a radio-play, the better the quality of microphone the better. Audio can be repaired and noise removed, but if you recorded a reel on an Iphone or like device we cannot fix this. 

DEADLINE: End of year 2013 (flexible)

SAMPLE LINES

Sterling Cloud      ROLE FILLED

Early adult

Pegasus Male

voice type: Mid to deep range male. Young but rough. (If you can can sound like Kiefer Sutherland than you're in)

This is the main character of the story, so the VA who gets this role should be aware that this will be a long-term commitment. Sterling is a pegasus who continued to live in the safety of the clouds long after the war until one day, a rogue balefire bomb was detonated in his city killing everyone he knew and loved. Scarred both physically and emotionally, he enters the wasteland below on a mission to find the splinter group and bring them to justice. Sadly, the wasteland has only shown him hardship and suffering, and to cope he has taken to "unhealthy" habits such as smoking, drinking, one night stands, unorthodox fighting tactics, etc. He is no vagrant, as he is a skilled marksmen and survivalist. More of his backstory has been left out because of spoilers.

Sample lines:

--It's true what they say. War never changes. If anything, it's patient. The Great War decimated the world below, consuming all life in arcane fire and destroying countless lives both past and present. Not for us though. The Pegasi closed the sky and our civilization continued to thrive. At least that was what I was told as a colt.

--(in anger) I said shut up!

--I don't need your help. I've got everything I need now.

Spike / Watcher

200+ year old adult dragon male.

Voice type: Any. Will be altered slightly to become reptilian and robotic.

If you've read Fallout Equestria then you already know this character. Otherwise, suffice to say that this is a older version of Spike who monitors the wasteland through the use of robotic communication drones.

Sample lines:

--You don't have to do this. That is always a better way to solve this.

--Please, I'm begging you. We have to be better than this.

--Don't even think for a minute that I can't understand what you've lost because I have. But revenge won't solve anything.

Captive zealot

Any equine species, possibly Zebra.

Voice type: Any.

This is a generic baddie for this episode. The only details are that he is a part of the fanatical group responsible for the attack that Sterling is out to avenge. They are zealous for their cause and very dangerous.

Sample lines:

--Who was it pegasus?

--A population in the hundreds finally went to tartarus except you, even though millions have gone before.

--More than one of us there may be, and I wish death on those like thee.

Thank you for you're interest!

Edited by Sterity

The amount that I want to be a part of this knows no bounds. I love Fallout.

Sadly, I have zero VA experience, and my voice sounds like me (which is terrible). However, I'm a pretty darn good writer and I have extensive knowledge of the Fallout series and Fallout: Equestria. Is there something I can do?

attachicon.gifsterling cloud audition.wav

Well then, I just recorded my audition for Sterling Cloud, and I have to say, I have a good feeling about it!

I will also audition for the captive zealot.

Please tell me what you think of my audition!

Thank you for the audition! That wasn't too bad. If you wanted to do a second take, could you possibly (for lack of a better word) add more dirt to your voice? It sounds a bit too young and clean in this reel. A voice with a little more roughness. Nothing like Nolan's Batman (pleeease, just no).  Look forward to any future auditions!

• Brohoof 1

Well, here is my second take on Sterling cloud! If there is any other way you want me to improve the voice, feel free to tell me! Contructive criticism is much appreciated.

Sterling Cloud take 2.wav

EDIT: I made another take because I didn't feel that take 2 was good enough. Hopefully take 3 is more to your liking.

Sterling Cloud take 3.wav

Edited by ~SadisticJalokim~

Really would like to help out with this somehow. I don't really have any type of voice acting experience. I might make a recording later today and try it out

I look forward to it! I'm so you sound fine regardless.

Well, here is my second take on Sterling cloud! If there is any other way you want me to improve the voice, feel free to tell me! Contructive criticism is much appreciated.

attachicon.gifSterling Cloud take 2.wav

EDIT: I made another take because I didn't feel that take 2 was good enough. Hopefully take 3 is more to your liking.

attachicon.gifSterling Cloud take 3.wav

Listening to your auditions, specifically #3, it seemed like a few words were overacted. That's my fault in scriptwriting by not putting enough details in and putting lines out of context for audition. Sorry.  That being said, I played with the audio by slowing the speed a hair and came up with this : Sterling Cloud take 3_ALTERED.wav

What do you think?

Well took a shot at it hopefully not to bad

After adding a couple of effects, here is what you sound like as Spike/Watcher:

spikevatryout_ALTERED.wav

What do you think?

• Brohoof 1

Listening to your auditions, specifically #3, it seemed like a few words were overacted. That's my fault in scriptwriting by not putting enough details in and putting lines out of context for audition. Sorry.  That being said, I played with the audio by slowing the speed a hair and came up with this : attachicon.gifSterling Cloud take 3_ALTERED.wav

What do you think?

After adding a couple of effects, here is what you sound like as Spike/Watcher:

attachicon.gifspikevatryout_ALTERED.wav

What do you think?

I think it's great! 

I don't need to improve the voice on my end in any way, right?

I'm female but I'd be interested in a part later on. I already landed the role of Spike in a parody video, so would you be interested in receiving an audition tape from me if I can make the voice sound older? I have a pretty deep voice for a woman.

Spike / Watcher

I gave it a shot, I have NEVER done voice acting before but I would really like to try (okay yeah it's my normal voice but you said it'd be altered.)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1KyXDWZOrSZZGJsdE0wZkxYT00/edit?usp=sharing

I can always try again if this isn't good enough.

Edited by Vinyl Scratch (Filly)™

I'm female but I'd be interested in a part later on. I already landed the role of Spike in a parody video, so would you be interested in receiving an audition tape from me if I can make the voice sound older? I have a pretty deep voice for a woman.

I'd love to hear it! And go for any other voices you can think of besides Spike. It's not like females don't VA male characters :)

Hey, I'd love to try out for Captive Zealot. I'm English so he'll have a british accent in the recordings. I'll try and send you them tomorrow, I don't have time tonight. I don't have an VA experience either, but I'd love to start. Thanks a lot, I hope I can get in!

@@Sterity

I could possibly do a take for Sterling, though I know one guy above me has already done so.

Is he still up for grabs?

I'm still leaving the spots open for the time being so go for it!

Hey, I'd love to try out for Captive Zealot. I'm English so he'll have a british accent in the recordings. I'll try and send you them tomorrow, I don't have time tonight. I don't have an VA experience either, but I'd love to start. Thanks a lot, I hope I can get in!

Go for it!

After adding a couple of effects, here is what you sound like as Spike/Watcher:  spikevatryout_ALTERED.wav   3.88MB   3 downloads   What do you think?

I might need a little work but hey that sounds pretty good with the effects

@@Sterity,
I'll have to wait until tomorrow to record though, since I left my mic at my other house.

How slow or fast should I portray the lines? I can portray lines in a very slow and dramatic tone that can send a chill up a viewer's spine. 

@@Sterity,
I'll have to wait until tomorrow to record though, since I left my mic at my other house.

How slow or fast should I portray the lines? I can portray lines in a very slow and dramatic tone that can send a chill up a viewer's spine. 

They don't need to be delivered really fast, but not so slow you sound like James Earl Jones. I would say a little slower than normal. This is the kind of delivery (and maybe voice) that I had in mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2F7-0Vf5V8

• Brohoof 1

We have now filled the "Sterling Cloud" role.

I can add some more characters and lines in the next day or two for those still interested in the project but not happy with any of the roles currently listed.