Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is your favorite (S)NES game?

Phoenix Wright

While I did love Super Metroid, I'd have to go with "The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past" as my top. The graphics (as far as the SNES goes) were amazing, and what sold it for me was the two parallel worlds to explore.

• Brohoof 1

Super Metroid. Even after I had played the game to death and found everything there was to find, there was enough in goofy glitches and bugs to mess with to keep me entertained a while longer. Link to the Past is a definite second, though.

Other than that... Sparkster, Starfox, and Megaman X are in a three-way tie for third.

Wild Guns, Blackthorne, Megaman X, Super Metroid

Of all the SNES games I've played, these rank the highest.

No, FFVI is not on there, because I don't like that game much at all. Worst FF game imo.

Oh shit, add ActRaiser to that too. Love it as much as the others.

• Brohoof 1

Favourite NES games:

Super Mario Bros. and Zelda. (the first one)

SNES:

Super Mario World and Zelda: A Link to the Past

I've always been hooked on Mario and Zelda games but I never really liked Zelda II.

• Brohoof 1

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. It was the SNES game I enjoyed when I was a little kid.

The family NES was only out when I was really young. I enjoyed games like Super Mario Bros. and Mega Man 2. The NES broke, though, so I haven't played Mega Man 2 since. Who knows how many years ago that was now? I watched YouTube videos around a month ago of it and some other NES games around I played way back when and it was very interesting to see how much I remembered the little things like the sounds and various sprites.

Edited by Envy

NES:

Megaman 3

SNES:

Super Mario World, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest, and Megaman X are my favorite SNES games, but if I had to choose...i'd say Super Mario World.

Favourite NES games: Super Mario Bros. and Zelda. (the first one) SNES: Super Mario World and Zelda: A Link to the Past I've always been hooked on Mario and Zelda games but I never really liked Zelda II.

Who did?

Favorite NES Game: Super Mario Bros. 3

Favorite SNES Game: It's a tie between Zelda: A Link to the Past and Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

I used to play these consoles to death. These days I barely spare them a passing glance... Maybe I should pick up some classic games again sometime soon. (Other than the ones Nintendo bequeathed upon my 3DS so kindly.)

Oh, NES games...

Marble Madness

Bubble Bobble

Tetris. I think I own roughly a half dozen different versions of that game.

Well... I didn't exactly own any of these games. But I used some "friendship" that allowed me to play any games I wanted (friendship is magic you know).

From what I can remember as a kid, there were about four games that really sucked away my life (in a good way...lol)

Super Mario World. I was (and still am) not much of a Mario fan, but as a kid I thought certain stages were impossible, despite how easy they actually were)

Then of course Yoshi's Island... That stupid baby cry noise still gives me nightmares.

Megaman X, of course.

Zelda and Metroid, both no brainers.

And a small secret obsession for Bubble Bobble.

But unexpectedly, I remember being sucked into a game called "Yoshi's Cookie." I don't know why I loved the game so much, but it was so addicting I couldn't stop. I don't care what some IGNorant reviewers may say, I loved this game; and am not going to even bother to look up the scores they gave it.

Edited by Fghik

For the SNES, I'd say I liked a link to the past and Earthbound

I never really played many NES games, I never really got in to them, I'd give them a go if I had the time, but I don't.

Edited by flare03

Oh, NES games...

Marble Madness

Bubble Bobble

Tetris. I think I own roughly a half dozen different versions of that game.

Ever played Tetris Plus on PS1? Man, I love that game. My copy disappeared a long time ago though. :(

Ever played Tetris Plus on PS1? Man, I love that game. My copy disappeared a long time ago though. :(

Yes. I actually tracked down a used copy a few months ago. The screen shaking effect in multiplayer games is great. :wacko:

These days I typically get my multiplayer Tetris kick in on PSN. Shit is off da hook, yo.

That would probably have been Mario or a Chip'n dales (that's what it's called right?) game I played alot.

Also a Simpsons game with Bart as the main character, that was awesome. Bart vs The World. I still have that one. I just need that old Nintendo :P

There's several games on the SNES that I'm fond of. I can't really list a few of them, so here's a bunch of games on the SNES I love:

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - One of my favorite platform games ever.

Chrono Trigger - One of the best RPG:s ever made.

The Final Fantasy Trilogy: IV, V, and VI - You have no idea how much time I wasted on these games when I was young.

E.V.O: Search for Eden - An obscure platforming RPG game where you travel through the evolution of time, from being a small fish to in the end becoming a human.

Earthbound - One of the most original and fun RPG:s I've ever played. Plus the music is god-tier, and the final boss is the best final boss ever made, hands down.

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, no doubt the best SNES game. (I just love RPG games <3)

And this one, too.
  • Brohoof 1

My favorite NES game will always be the original Legend of Zelda. I never actually owned an SNES, but I have played some Virtual Console games from it, so my favorite SNES game is Super Metroid.

• Brohoof 1

As far as the NES goes, there's no contest: Megaman 2.

The SNES is a little more difficult since it had some really fantastic games and I love so many of them. And as much as I love Earthbound, I don't actually find it that fun. My vote goes to Final Fantasy III. Or VI, if you prefer.

Edited by Spider's Claw