Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's worst OC you seen?

Sig Hoovestrong

I'm going to be honest, I may get a lot of hate, but I say the worst OC I saw is......

Fluffle Puff. -gets ready to get shot -

LOL Flufflepuff is a friend of mine and yes, Fluffy is very peculiar looking.

My thoughts on the worst OC is anything with red and reptile eyes. *Cringes*

• Brohoof 1

P-please... people- don't hate me on this but I really hate all OC's that are made by Pony Creator. I know its a cute and friendly game to play but seriously, desiging OC's from Pony Creator basically means you're too lazy to think up an own mane and tail and that image that Scootalove just posted- I'm going to pretend I didn't see that.

Only time use Pony Creator is when to preview color schemes. Else draw my ponies from MLP original art and just my imagination. But sad truth is that not all are so skilled with pan our have friend draw them picture. So what do they do. They use Pony Creator easy and cheap.  

• Brohoof 4

The best OCs (like all good characters) are flawed and limited.

I must definitely agree with ya Silver. I mean, I've forever been intrigued by the imagination of others and have loved stories within everything from books, movies, video games, etc...and I've come to find that the best of characters are sometimes the most believable characters (the less exaggerated ones). Here on the forums, it's actually difficult to find any decent characters that aren't so...unfortunate with their past and present....but when I see OCs, see their traits and styles, it tells me a great deal about the person who created them. Why do people make alicorns, most outrageous in design and background? It is an expression of themselves: their want to be recognized, to feel important, to belong. There's always a lot of deep meanings behind many characters (sorry for the rambling hehe Hope I didn't bore you)

don't hate me on this but I really hate all OC's that are made by Pony Creator

I kinda cowered from my computer screen there for a second heh...nah, I understand where you're coming from. To be honest though, I truly would have used an alternative for the designs of my OCs...but I'm not that good with drawing ponies myself nor do many of the people who do commissions on here accept just descriptions without pictures (thus, they recommend PonyCreator). I really wish I was a better artist though...I would have drawn my OC's differently within an instant like I would all the characters from the books I've seemed to obtain writer's block with heheh...please don't hate my OCs :(  They'll look different soon, I promise.

Fluffle Puff

Yeah...I was kinda disappointed with the sudden popularity around that pony...it's really creative but...I think the ridiculousness of that caliber shouldn't have gone past Derpy. Stick to canon somehow heh...but I won't hate too much on a pony folks around here like so much ;)

Edited by Aerodynas
  • Brohoof 3

I don't know any OC's specifically, but I personally can't stand those black+red, killer, alicorn, Mary Sue ponies. It's even more annoying when its name has something like "death" or "blood" in it. 

• Brohoof 6

I generally don't like the ones with obnoxiously neon bright clashing color schemes, or ones that are non-ponies.

...But that's just me. I don't claim to objectively judge OCs (nor do I really think that they should be). To each their own.

• Brohoof 2

Fluffle Puff. 

It's her cat like mannerisms and the fact that even though she doesn't speak you can sort of tell what she wants or means by how she acts I think that account for how popular she is. 

Whats funny is that technically she could be canon and come from "fluffly-lovey-dovey" land where chrysallis landed in the first MLP comic.

Edited by Malinter
  • Brohoof 2

I don't know any OC's specifically, but I personally can't stand those black+red, killer, alicorn, Mary Sue ponies. It's even more annoying when its name has something like "death" or "blood" in it. 

I know what mean, cute little ponies trying too hard begin grim-dark. Doesn't work for me, and don't get it.  :P

• Brohoof 2

Hmmm I have seen alot of 'bad ones' out there but the way I see it peoples OC's are their own :P

Some people are good at making designs / backstories and some aren't *shrugs* as long as they don't ruin RP's with their crazy unrealistic powers :P

Edited by Skylar
  • Brohoof 2

I've only just joined and created my first oc last week. Originally suppose to come off as a mere pony persona, which is where I usually start for most fandom OCs, but he's starting to create a new identity for himself. Something way quirky and eyebrow raising I'm sure, but reading this discussion has kinda had me a bit relieved to find out that oc making is still very much similar in the PonyVerse.

• Brohoof 2

I've seen some pretty horrendous OCs made on pony creator, honestly it's the worst place ever to make OCs it just attracts newbies to make alicorn OCs and add ugly accessories to it .-.

Oh, and bad colour schemes, can't forget them.

Edited by Vinyl Scratch (Filly)™
  • Brohoof 2

One day I sat down and tried to make the worst OC I could think of. I named her Lunar Deathkill. Sorry to say, she has nothing on the one Scootalove posted on page 1. That was atrocious.  :P

LunarDeathkillDONTYOUDARESTEALHERSHESMIN

I think the worst one ever created in fanfiction was a red and black metal-winged male alicorn who flew a fighter jet and was a Transformer. This was in the infamous fic 'Return of Changelings', which is now extinct from FIMfiction. I heard the author took it down.

• Brohoof 3

P-please... people- don't hate me on this but I really hate all OC's that are made by Pony Creator. I know its a cute and friendly game to play but seriously, desiging OC's from Pony Creator basically means you're too lazy to think up an own mane and tail and that image that Scootalove just posted- I'm going to pretend I didn't see that.

Oh, that's just Discord's grandson, don't worry about him, he won't hurt you.

As for the rest of the post, I take offense to that. I'll have you know that I had mental designed my OC before creating it, thank you very much.

If you dislike that pony creator so much, then go open a request shop fpr OC drawings.

One day I sat down and tried to make the worst OC I could think of. I named her Lunar Deathkill. Sorry to say, she has nothing on the one Scootalove posted on page 1. That was atrocious. :P

LunarDeathkillDONTYOUDARESTEALHERSHESMIN

Is it wrong that I think that's kinda cute?
  • Brohoof 2

Oh, that's just Discord's grandson, don't worry about him, he won't hurt you.

As for the rest of the post, I take offense to that. I'll have you know that I had mental designed my OC before creating it, thank you very much.

If you dislike that pony creator so much, then go open a request shop fpr OC drawings.

Is it wrong that I think that's kinda cute?

Its my opinion and I would appear to think that the users here would mutually respect that and no matter what I'm not going to change it.

• Brohoof 1

The OCs that look like they could NEVER be on the show make me facehoof. The ones who are BFFs with someone of the Mane 6 or something make me ugh as well.

Or the shit ponies who can do anything. Usually they're alicorn. I love good alicorns OCs, but...I've seen so baaaaad alicorn OCs in my time. You don't wanna know what I've seen, bucko. It'll scar ya.

The OCs that look like they could NEVER be on the show make me facehoof. The ones who are BFFs with someone of the Mane 6 or something make me ugh as well.

Or the shit ponies who can do anything. Usually they're alicorn. I love good alicorns OCs, but...I've seen so baaaaad alicorn OCs in my time. You don't wanna know what I've seen, bucko. It'll scar ya.

Yeah, I can only tolerate OC's that look like they could at least live in the same world as the show. 

• Brohoof 1