Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's worst OC you seen?

Sig Hoovestrong

img-2057618-1-my_new_oc_by_electroponi-d

This has got to be the worst OC out there not only in appearance, but in color scheme. As Rarity would say, ''absolutely horrendous.''

I saw a OC that was like this....

AND a mary sue  :okiedokielokie:

Edited by DolosusDoleus

Hey, y'all, you ever hear of a pony by the name "Milky Way"?

Yeah, it's best you not.

No links or pics, but anyone familiar with the bucked-up side of the fandom should know exactly what I'm talking about.

And if you don't? Well, the saying is wrong. For once, Google is not your friend.

Well okay, it is kinda funny, lol  :lol:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Hey, y'all, you ever hear of a pony by the name "Milky Way"?

Yeah, it's best you not.

No links or pics, but anyone familiar with the bucked-up side of the fandom should know exactly what I'm talking about.

And if you don't? Well, the saying is wrong. For once, Google is not your friend.

Oh Gawd.... that's not what I think it is? Right? 

I have seen so many bad OCs that I cannot possibly pick out one that was the worst of the bunch.  And many of them are here, to be honest. More specifically, the Character Database. Go to a random page in there. Chances are, you'll find at least one pony creator pony with awful neon bright colors and perhaps a pitch black coat, with a very short nonsensical backstory that has grammatical issues all over the place. In fact, that's what I do sometimes for fun. Laugh at those. People sure do make some hilarious typos at times.

Sometimes too, I'll see some horrid random markings and or features that have no place on an MLP pony. Stripes (when you aren't a zebra), overly elaborate cutie mark, etc. Oh and of course, fangs. Equines aren't known for being carnivores or omnivores. (Though that one is more of a nitpick. Also, I don't consider batponies to be in this) Let's not get started on the dragon wings and random horns people seem to like as well.

Of course, there is one particular one that I once saw. It was a black alicorn with rainbow markings everywhere, its horn having each segment a different color and its wing having each feather be a different color of the rainbow. As well, it had rainbow goggles. My lord... somebody threw design sense straight out the window. I'd rather not link to it so as to keep the person responsible anonymous... but yeah. Not great, that's for sure.

Sorry I sound a bit snarkier here than usual. It's just a bit of a peeve of mine is bad design sense. That's why I just had to make a group on DA that only accepts show accurateish ponies. Just so I wouldn't have to look at such badness.

It's just I honestly can't understand how people can't see those color schemes as clashing or harsh on the eye. I know this can be objective, but there is a general consensus that neon green does NOT go well with neon red. I say this probably happens because the people who design those are young and have young eyes. Young eyes are able to handle brighter colors like that more easily and are more attracted to it. It's just there seems to be little appreciation for the subtly of design at times. We like the MLP canon ponies because their designs possess a certain restraint, rather than slapping together colors that don't make sense. Eh, I guess that's the way it goes when you don't have much quality control.

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough

I don't hate pony creator ponies. Its a good place for people with no art skillz to go. I use it to try out color schemes and get a basic idea for the pony I want, and then a pay an artist to do a decent job for me.

Not everyone here has the bucks to commission art, so I am far more lenient to creator OCs.

That said, there are far too many options, cheesy bling, and bizarre colors available on creator sites,

==Too many options make for too many bad choices.

Example:

Pony creator: post-1029-0-77701100-1387030973_thumb.png

Commissioned art: post-1029-0-37845400-1387031126_thumb.png

The pony creator isn't really so bad.

Edited by Silverhoof
  • Brohoof 1

P-please... people- don't hate me on this but I really hate all OC's that are made by Pony Creator. I know its a cute and friendly game to play but seriously, desiging OC's from Pony Creator basically means you're too lazy to think up an own mane and tail and that image that Scootalove just posted- I'm going to pretend I didn't see that.

I never understood the hate for Ponycreator. Not everyone can draw, and not everyone has the time to come up with a nice OC. After we get the general look from Ponycreator, we often ask for an artist to help us out, but to no avail. Now I officially hate you for prejudice against non-artists like me.

In all honesty, so long as your OC doesn't hurt my eyes, I won't call it a bad OC. Now... if anyone dares to send me what I think is little effort on their part... I will unleash a million angry Fluttershys at you. Have at thee!  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

• Brohoof 2

I never understood the hate for Ponycreator. Not everyone can draw, and not everyone has the time to come up with a nice OC. After we get the general look from Ponycreator, we often ask for an artist to help us out, but to no avail. Now I officially hate you for prejudice against non-artists like me.

In all honesty, so long as your OC doesn't hurt my eyes, I won't call it a bad OC. Now... if anyone dares to send me what I think is little effort on their part... I will unleash a million angry Fluttershys at you. Have at thee!  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

The problem with Pony Creator, at least for me... is how... creepy it looks. Just the characters made in it have this sort of dull dead, doll-like appearance that hits all levels of Uncanny Valley. The style itself of Pony Creator isn't that great. It borders on show-accurate and just misses the mark in this horrid way, with the poses looking artificial. Also, it has way too many options to make a really crap OC with. (Like... random dragon wings out of nowhere) That's way many badly designed OCs (not always though) tend to be made in Pony Creator. People go way too crazy with those options and can't stop themselves. 

That's why I recommend Hasbro's Pony Creator from Facebook. It is much more limited, but looks overall better and makes your OC look show-realistic. I make use of it for a quick OC concept.

Though I am able to appreciate when an OC is WELL-designed in Pony Creator. It's a bit rare, but it does happen. That makes me wish I had the time to draw an OC for these type of people. ;~; 'Cause I can definitely understand not having any money to commission an artist.

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough

The problem with Pony Creator, at least for me... is how... creepy it looks. Just the characters made in it have this sort of dull dead, doll-like appearance that hits all levels of Uncanny Valley. The style itself of Pony Creator isn't that great. It borders on show-accurate and just misses the mark in this horrid way, with the poses looking artificial. Also, it has way too many options to make a really crap OC with. (Like... random dragon wings out of nowhere) That's way many badly designed OCs (not always though) tend to be made in Pony Creator. People go way too crazy with those options and can't stop themselves. 

Though I am able to appreciate when an OC is WELL-designed in Pony Creator. It's a bit rare, but it does happen. That makes me wish I had the time to draw an OC for these type of people. ;~; 'Cause I can definitely understand not having any money to commission an artist.

Well in all honesty, I did take slight offense at the remarks people make against Ponycreator OCs because all my OCs started off from there. I understand where Ponycreator haters are going because there were very few hairstyles to choose from in the first Ponycreator version (the one I used for my OCs). And... yeah. I know that the vast majority of terrible OCs were made from Ponycreator.   

But... I managed to have a friend of mine draw my OCs, and that's what you see on my avatar (the crimson pony). I hope I can get an artist for my other OCs... ;-;

I mean, really! I came up with MY OC, and I'll admit, she wasn't VERY good at first, she was a bit neon, and didn't have much of a backstory, and she had a Vinyl Scratch mane. *shiver* Then, I dulled down her colors, and ditched her mane, and tried to make a DECENT backstory, which I think I did okay at. Now, people always tell me that my OC is absolutely adorable. ^-^

But, really, guys. WTF.

img-2108397-1-cX4Vf5G.png

post-22991-0-06314000-1386994032_thumb.j

I mean, really! I came up with MY OC, and I'll admit, she wasn't VERY good at first, she was a bit neon, and didn't have much of a backstory, and she had a Vinyl Scratch mane. *shiver* Then, I dulled down her colors, and ditched her mane, and tried to make a DECENT backstory, which I think I did okay at. Now, people always tell me that my OC is absolutely adorable. ^-^

But, really, guys. WTF.

img-2108397-1-cX4Vf5G.png

post-22991-0-06314000-1386994032_thumb.j

Most of those OCs do suck! But... they just have this... hilarity attached to them. They're aren't just bad. They're hilariously bad.

Worst OC I've seen. Princess Silver, who I saw on another forum I'm never not on.

princess silver
girl
unicorn/alicorn
13/15

born in the crystal empire. she was not allowed to go outside because her mom thought she would get hurt. so while she was inside she would sew and collect sequince to put on her dresses. one day her dad died trying to stop king sombra.she was so distraught by her faters death she ran away from home. she passed town after town and one night she had to take shelter in a cave. while she was sleeping her horn went wacko and draged her to a patch of dirt and started digging when out of the corner of her eye she saw a sparkle and when she looked over she saw gold and silver the only ones found since decades ago. she grabed it all.and since she was tired out frim that big discovery she fell asleep right on that spot. in the morning she was all cvered in dirt from the night before so she decided to wash up in the stream and when she looked at her flank she saw her cutie mark 2 gold ingots on the bottom and1silver ingot on the top. she was so exited. so how she became a princess? well im getting to that. 2 years later after traveling from town to town she stumbled upon a kingdom. and she decided to buy a small cotage and settle down for a while. a couple days later there was a fair celebrating the princes birthday. she had a great time there and even met the royal family. the prince came to talk with her and they quickly became friends the prince even had a crush on her but she didnt figure that out until she was 18 and he was 19 when he came to her cottage and proposed to her she said yes. then on their wedding day she took the silver and gold she found and made her dress. after the wedding she was presented with a crown that transformed her into an alicorn permanatly.

PLEASE ACEPPT IT TOOK ME 2WHOLE HOURS TO TYPE!!!!!!

EDIT: It is worth noting I will find a large amount of OC's bad, because I expect a good amount of backstory, personality, etc. I don't like when people hardly put any effort it. Also, anything that doesn't really fit into the canon like warriors and DJ's also frustrate me. If you want to know what I expect, check my OC in my sig. I chose this specific one because we can all agree it's terrible.

Edited by Dr. Ivo Robotnik
  • Brohoof 1

Proof that terrible OCs exist outside of ponymaker: http://galaxy-stardust.deviantart.com/art/Mlp-oc-Princess-Shining-Nova-410035207

Also, something I have noticed while browsing thru bad OCs... ignorance of equine terms. In other words, people who describe their male OC as a "filly". A young male horse is a colt, dammit! Seriously, it's not hard to find that out.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I knew not to come on this thread because I'm practically the face of collecting the ocs, and please do feel sorry for Festive thundy up there because he has to go through all of them and process them. But I just want to say this before 100 people start yelling at me again about their ocs. 

But you guys haven't seen bad until you have about a quarter of the ocs on here, and I tell you. 

Theres about 5 families of ocs, that are absolutely horrible. All of them way overpowered, horribly written characters, and atrocious colour schemes. 

And, oh and then you just got the one offs. And those bloody buggers can range from a meh horrible to the most extreme vomit inducing, cancer bringing, horrible. Sometimes I like to blame those things for why my body is dying, because sometimes its hard to not believe they could. 

Really, the one's I've seen here aren't really all that bad compared to what I have seen. Actually some were like angels compared to what me and Thundy have seen, like that green flash sentry or that first one posted, they ain't really all that bad. 

• Brohoof 3