Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open A Darker Fate: Beyond these Walls Chapter Two.

The Elusive Cinder

(OOC Thread - Click here)

(Chapter one - Click here)

---------------

Kingfisher.

The news you bring is dire indeed: I admit, there was an ulterior motive for my guidance on recovering the Litany of Magic and now - with its loss - I find myself with no option but to ask of you something that is not easy.

You might have noticed the signs recently, should they have reached your shores. Certainly we have: the sands are cold even in the day, we have lost control of our weather and dark places are no longer safe. I fear that an old story I have once passed off as myth may be much more real than I had hoped.

You mentioned that you were returning to the capital city of Canterlot - there is a train there, which runs to the location known as the Crystal Kingdom. I will be waiting for you there - this will be easier to explain face to face.

Give my regards to Al-ahmar: should he be unfit to travel immediately, I will require your presence alone. This matter is simply too urgent to wait.

Your friend,

Bardic Knowledge.

---------------

Kingfisher and Redwave.

Passing through the city gates was a relief that Kingfisher hadn't felt in a long time: after the incident with the Litany of Magic and the escape of the unicorn that had stolen it's power things seemed to maintain their essence of oppressive gloom. The fact that a letter was waiting for her at the gates was enough to put her on edge even without reading it.

True to her expectations though, it's contents were no less unsettling.

As Redwave caught up, she thrust the letter into his hooves and continued to walk ahead of the remainder of the group towards the center of the city - face locked in a stony expression. Urgent as this might be - she needed a hot meal and a bath before she set off.

"It would appear that we are called upon yet again..."

"We aren't doing anythin', Cap'n." She cut off the white earth pony sharply - something she would never have done before. As he opened his mouth to contest her, she did it again. "You need rest - your stayin' here."

It would have been a sad moment for anyone who knew the pair before these trials: at least from Redwaves point of view: the pony who had refused to back down from being turned to stone and even death itself stared at his companion for a long moment, before hanging his head and shrugging.

"You are... correct." He agreed with a heavy heart, and an even heavier sigh.

The Petrification had not treated him well - neither had the lack of sleep or the illness he had felt since being revived. Under any other circumstance, he would have argued to the bitter end but now... now it felt like arguing actually would lead to his end. Redwave was afraid, and Kingfisher knew it.

"Go find your fool of a cousin in that village: you haven't visited in months. We'll see to this and be back before ya know it. On my word Cap'n."

It wasn't easy, but it had to be done. She had faith in herself and her friends - friends, she could call them that - that whatever it was that Bardic wanted, they could handle. Together, they were perfectly capable: there was no need for Redwave to go into something like this in his current state. Wandering into the City, the mare consulted a timetable of trains to the Crystal Kingdom.

It was early afternoon - an couple of hours of sunlight remained. Given the recent disturbances across Equestria, trains were running as little as possible: the next was due to depart in the morning.

"We've got tonight to stock up: gather supplies, get a hot bath... whatever. Get plenty sleep - the place over the road will give you a discount if you tell 'em you're with Red."

---------------

Orion Starsinger.

Orion hadn't brought a great deal of money: with the power of the Litany of Magic he had hardly thought that he would have needed it after all but now, with his powers stolen, he dumped the last of his money on the counter and watched as the pegasus gave the group a look that plaint said that they weren't wanted there.

Of course, in the cheaper parts of the city, Unicorns got that a lot. He would have changed that, had he not been subdued as his was.

The hotel was clean enough, for the price. The beds were serviceable and more importantly, the walls were thick. His contact had come up with a genius solution - certainly crazy, but genius - and privacy was paramount in testing it. A way to ensure his ability to protect Willow: and a way to take his revenge of 'Noble Persona' in the process...

"Sorry it's nothing more, but on the bright side - this side of town is away from prying eyes." He said, scooping up the keys and starting to make his way upstairs. "Midnight, I might need your help with something later. Until then, we can rest - go into the city if you need anything."

Looking about for his sister, the unicorn looked her in the eye. "Willow, I don't want you going off alone any more - stay with me or Midnight, okay?" He said calmly, but with the air of authority. "This part of the city isn't safe."

Edited by Cinderscribe

Sand Veil entered town, hoping that she would have some time to herself again. She had left the group at some point, feeling like she didn't need to be there if nopony was going to take her advice when she gave it. Maybe now I can be free from all the hatred... She thought to herself. The first thing she noticed where a few ponies from the group she had abandoned. Oh Celestia... Please tell me they're not gonna say anything to me. She thought.

Pavisa

The guardpony nods back to the others, turning towards the direction of the guard's barracks.  "I'll catch up with you later.  I need to report in to my CO...  And try and figure out how I'm going to get my hooves on a new suit of armour."  Admittedly she made a funny sight as it was.  Her forelegs were covered in thick armour, and she still had her helm that Kingfisher had managed to save for her, but that was the extent of the guard's uniform.

As she turned her gaze back towards the barracks, Pavisa's mind started to drift back to topics that had been discussed on the road.  She couldn't help herself.  With a small sigh she starts the trek towards the other guards and the forge, trying to think of a way to talk the smith out of some new gear while trying not to think about a number of revelations she'd had of the guard during her mission.

Zintiik

Zintiik was once more in the guise of Tactic Wind, the bland brown pegasus.  He may not have been the smartest changeling in the swarm, but he knew better than to try and come to Canterlot in his usual form.  

The changeling was feeling immensely better than he had been when they left the Falls - being back in civilization, he had wasted no time at all in finding some poor pony to feed from to his heart's content.  Despite being back to his usual self, he still remembered absolutely nothing about what had happened at the Falls.

With a glance at Orion, the bland pegasus tilts his head slightly.  "Lo-, err, Orion, is there anything in the city you would like to keep an eye or ear on?  My...  Talents...  Are still at your disposal."  Without his memory of what had happened in the temple, Zintiik still wasn't sure why Orion seemed more distrustful of him than he had before.  He simply accounted it to him being a changeling however and didn't let himself worry about it.

@,

@,

@,

@@SilverHeart,

Midnight Scribbler

Scribbler was worn out, the journey to Canterlot had taken much of his energy.. what was left of the little he had to begin with. There was a slight fear brewing in the back of his mind, having witnessed the strange weather events. He'd been paying attention to this the whole way, noting it's unusual nature. Having followed Orion, Willow, Mirror and Zintiik, he felt some form of comfort in the fact that they were all together, and now they could finally rest for a time. Though Scribbler felt like collapsing into a bed, he realized after Orion had mentioned picking things up, he needed to resupply his rations. He still had some things, but they wouldn't last. With a sigh, he nodded to Orion, smiling, then turned to Willow "We can go anywhere you like, Willow. I just need to pick up food, and maybe peruse the magical items in this city." He glanced back to Orion "I'll meet you back here."

Clockwork Green

Clockwork had been toying with his latest inventions, and was roaming the city for someplace to make a sale on his work. He strutted confidently down the street, passing by shops and stands. His brass wings glinted in the sunlight, and were chilled by the cool front that had set in. "Blast these things, I should have made them from something more cold resistant" He thought. His saddlebag was loaded with various things he'd been working on, and was toting blueprints and contracts. He knew his work was usually frowned upon by most, it always ended up in one race or another taking stands against his work, and the others sided with him, until he'd successfully offended each enough to be shunned. Nopony seemed to like the idea of spreading unique abilities to those who didn't have them. Earth ponies who could fly and use magic? Not by the watch of the pegasi, nor the unicorns. They would have none of it. And so, Clockwork went, his search in vain. "Ungrateful, wretched creatures.. None of them understand the wonders my work could bring them."

"Pah!" He sputtered venomously. The thought had sickened him. He knew the only way to get his work out was to demonstrate, even if it meant destroying a couple lives for it in secret. He didn't want to tarnish his already terrible reputation any further. "Perhaps I should move to another city, starting from scratch in a new location might be best.. I'm getting nothing accomplished here." He muttered under his breath, as he stopped for a bite to eat. Dropping some bits into a basket, he picked out a couple of apples, stuffed one into his pack, and eating the other.

Zintiik

Zintiik was once more in the guise of Tactic Wind, the bland brown pegasus.  He may not have been the smartest changeling in the swarm, but he knew better than to try and come to Canterlot in his usual form.  

The changeling was feeling immensely better than he had been when they left the Falls - being back in civilization, he had wasted no time at all in finding some poor pony to feed from to his heart's content.  Despite being back to his usual self, he still remembered absolutely nothing about what had happened at the Falls.

With a glance at Orion, the bland pegasus tilts his head slightly.  "Lo-, err, Orion, is there anything in the city you would like to keep an eye or ear on?  My...  Talents...  Are still at your disposal."  Without his memory of what had happened in the temple, Zintiik still wasn't sure why Orion seemed more distrustful of him than he had before.  He simply accounted it to him being a changeling however and didn't let himself worry about it.

Sand saw a pegasus she hadn't met before talking to one of the group members. She sighed and trotted over, assuming he was some sort of replacement to her. When she reached him, she asked, "are you with the group?" She didn't really know if he understood the question, but she didn't know how else to ask it either.

Edited by Blazing Hoof

Aegis Dare

@

In the short time he had after returning to Canterlot, Aegis had bought a nice house in Canterlot and started keeping a journal which now contained their adventures for the Litany. Though he had only been there for half of the quest, he'd asked the others about the many who had joined the quest. Those who had turned back, those who went missing, and those who perished in the attempt. He believed it his duty to everypony that he finish the story.

"Guess I forgot how much money I actually had. And most of it is gone on the house now..." He said as he walked to the forge, where he found Pavisa and a familiar face that he couldn't quite remember.

"I can't give my wares away for free. I'd like to help but you just can't afford that armor." The blacksmith pony said.

"Then I'll pay for it. How much is the armor?" Aegis asked.

"Aegis? Aegis Dare? It's been a long time since I saw you around here. How have you been?"

"I've been well. You look familiar, sir. Where do I know you from?" Aegis knew there was something familiar about the blacksmith's face.

The Blacksmith grinned. "It's me, Sable Raven. Noble's brother."

"Sable? Man, I didn't recognize you. You weren't a living mountain when I saw you last." Aegis said in a joking manner.

Sable laughed. "Comes with working a forge. So, how can I help you today?"

"Well, first you can tell me if my dad came by looking for me, then you could sell me those fine wingblades up there," Aegis said, flashing a mischievous grin. "Discount for old time's sake?"

"Well... Ok, but don't go telling anypony. You're sworn to secrecy, too." He said, directing the last part at Pavisa. He held out a simple gold band on a leather string. "Advent left this here, since he had a feeling you'd swing by."

Aegis inspected it, then put it around his neck. "My mother's wedding ring..."

"I see. Now, the 'official' total is five hundred bits, but..." Sable cleared his throat and spoke very deliberately, wrapping the armour and wingblades in cloth as he spoke, "There are some cracks in the armour and the wingblades will need to be sharpened. I could provide these services at an extra cost, but if you feel you've spent enough already... This collection of 'spare parts' comes to 200 bits."

Edited by Windbreaker

@@Midnight Scribbler@,@,

Willow Starsinger

Willow looked about Canterlot and breathed in the air. She definitely wasn't used to this sort of scenery: since she has long gotten used to being surrounded by trees or rocks threatening to rain down on her. She hoped they could stay awhile. Willow was startled when she noticed that Orion was talking to her.

"Huh? Of course, Orion. I've learned my lesson. I won't wander off," Willow reassured, nuzzling her brother while walking next to him. After their adventure in the woods, Willow had appreciated Orion a lot more and wishes to protect him in return, but she knew that she wouldn't be capable of that. She could barely protect herself and she nearly got killed in the temple in the woods. Reading from the Litany didn't exactly help her situation, and worse yet, her wings weren't helping, either.

"Um, I'll be fine, Scribbler. I don't need anything," Willow smiled, then noticed that she was starving. "Err, maybe a bite to eat would be helpful," Willow mumbled. "I'll go with you."  Willow patted around her mane to make sure that Kricket was still in her mane. It tended to wander off a lot. She looked back at the spot that Orion and Zintiik were waiting at, and finally noticed that Zintiik was disguised as Tactic. During their previous adventure, she had told him that she preferred him in his changeling state, and she meant that. She was pretty disappointed to find out that he was changing. 

"Now, where could we find some food?"

Aphrodite

Aphrodite followed the group and wondered whether or not she should stay with them. She was beginning to question why they were after the Litany: especially after all the trauma she suffered when she was nearly crushed by the temple. Her life flashed before her eyes and she regretted her rude decisions. She decided she was going to try and start over.

Not because she was afraid, of course.

(OOC: Posting from phone.)

The journey to Canterlot was long, stressful, and tiring. Mirror Image was exhausted. The only good thing was that the bandits hadn't chased after them. Lit was hard to tell if that was because of Sunshine's brother or because they had just given up.

Mirror had initially planned to sleep once they had reached the inn, but there was something that she had wanted to buy. She walked closer to Scribbler before speaking to him, "Would it be alright if I joined you? There are a few things I've been thinking of buying."

She turned to Orion, "Or perhaps you'd be willing to join me?"

Edited by SilverHeart

Blast
It's only been about a week since Blast's latest escapade, and since then, he's just been taking it easy. There were seemingly no cares in the world for the stallion. He's been spending most of his time running through the plains, lying in the warm grass, same old stuff. For him, it just felt good to be alive and living the moment.

Though, his relaxation didn't last for long. He quickly got word that the group he met last week was still seeking out the ancient Litany. Once he found this out, he couldn't help but sigh.
"Why is this Litany so important to them?" Blast thought to himself. "I guess I'd better go along anyways, just so they don't misuse the thing."

At that moment, Blast exited his house in Ponyville and began making his way to Canterlot. He remembered Eclipse saying that he was going to reside there for a while before their last departure. Perhaps he would meet up with him as well as the group. I a matter of ten or fifteen minutes, Blast arrived in the city of Canterlot and almost immediately found the group.
"Hey, guys! What's up?" Blast exclaimed, trotting up to them. "What exactly are we dealing with this time?"

Edited by StevenEarthPony

Kingfisher.

@,

Kingfisher blinked at the sight of another familiar face: Blasted Nova - the earth pony that was always - quite literally - running into trouble. She didn't even bother to ask where he had come from after departing back at the falls - nor how he knew what was happening already: these things just seemed to happen around their group and she had long since decided to simply accept things as they happened.

"Trouble: what else?" She said with a smirk, cuffing the stallion on the shoulder in a friendly way. "Nothing dangerous yet though, we're heading up north to meet a friend of mine - the one who sent the letters about the Litany. He's worried about something - worried enough to travel overseas to meet us."

Wandering towards the market, she flicked a pouch of bits into the air and caught it with a deft hoof - there wasn't a lot, but she didn't need a lot. She was used to making do without the luxuries that Red enjoyed.

"I thought you'd gone your own way - it's good to see you. Sort of." She smirked.

---------------

Orion Starsinger.

@,

Orion smiled: somehow, he and Willow had seeming gotten over their differences on the road. Even without the power of the Litany: with the feeling of emptiness where the headaches had been before and without the command of the aspect of cold (which now seemed to drift between Willow and Midnight Scribbler), he felt a determination that was unlike anything he had before: knowing that they were destined for great things.

"Thank you, I'll see you back here - there's something I need to do." He told his Alicorn sister.

The shock of seeing her develop wings had worn off - gradually. She didn't seem to be suffering the same side effects that he had - so he left matters be. There was no sense scolding her - they couldn't change what had happened.

@@SilverHeart,

Turning to Mirror Image, he nodded his head, holding out a hoof to motion towards the door.

"It would be an honour: we haven't spoken much, and I'd love the chance to get to know the one who covered our tracks so well while I was... such a burden."

@@SilverHeart,

@,

@,

Midnight Scribbler

Scribbler smiled at Willow, being somewhat indecisive at first. He simply nodded, then Mirror came to his side, asking for his company on the trip as well. "You're both welcome to join me, I've not been to this city in some time, though I'm sure I can remember my way well enough. I'd be happy to have the company either way." With that, he began to move towards the door slowly. "I'm heading to look for food first, I need to stock up for our next journey." He heard Mirror show interest in speaking with Orion, and for a moment, his heart sank. He paid the feeling no mind at first, though he hadn't expected it. Did he feel something for this mare? Perhaps, but there was little further to think on at this time, so he kept his mind on the task at hand. He went over his mental list once again, hoping he hadn't forgotten anything. An idea popped into his mind suddenly, but he kept it on the back burner at the moment. He added something new to his list, if he could locate what it was he had thought of.

Clockwork Green

Clockwork finished his apple, chucking the core off into a nearby waste bin. He flicked a piece of apple off his chin, before wandering around some more. He noticed a group of ponies wandering up towards the markets, a couple of rough looking ones headed the group. The white one looked to be in terrible condition, the other flicked a bag of coins into the air and caught it as she walked. He noticed a third pony come up and speak to her. He overheard something of an affair including "trouble". This was enough for him to think "Well, perhaps this could be my best opportunity today. They look like they could use some of Clockwork's services, perhaps I could sell them on something." He wandered over, next to Kingfisher, with his polished brass wings folded to his sides. "Greetings, I am Clockwork Green, inventor, innovator and creator of many unique designs. I couldn't help but overhear something of.. "troubles"? I thought I might be able to be of assistance. Perhaps if you have the time, could I interest you in a number of my weapons, tools and equipment? I will give demonstrations for anything you wish." He extended a hoof to her, smiling confidently and hoping for a positive response. He had no idea what this group had just gone through, his chances were likely a lot more slim than he thought.

Icarus (Thinking)  Icarus (Speech)

Icarus entered the city. Canterlot, the city of royalty and riches. He had come here on foot, as most running trains were far and few between.

This is were my search has come, I hope to Celestia they have a train ready to go somewhere, I cant believe I let the lead on the creator go cold. hm, no matter perhapse I can find something in the city.

Icarus pulled out  a tourist map of the city, looking for the train station. Once he located it, he plotted his course through the city to the train station. He would have to go through the market district. As he entered the Market district, it was bustling with the business of an after noon setting.  

After several minutes of meaningless wandering, icarus realized something. 

yebat' I am lost.  Going to have to find a local. Hmm, but who to ask...

@,

He found a red pony talking to a group. He approached him, and attempted to get his attention

"Excuse me sir, but may I inquire were the Train Station is? " He asked the red pony.

Edited by Commander Tangent

Pavisa

@@Windbreaker

Pavisa blinks and grins at Aegis when he shows up seemingly out of nowhere and pays for her replacement armour, leaning against the counter as he speaks with the smith.  As the armour is passed to her she takes it with a smile, pushing the heavy load onto her back.  "Hey, thanks to you both."  

She takes a couple steps back to wait for Aegis to finish his conversation, grinning at him when she gets the chance.  "Hehe, looks like I owe you AND Kingfisher now.  Pretty sure I'm going to be in debt for the rest of my life at this rate."  She laughs as she starts turning her way back towards the direction of the barracks.

"Guessing by the bits you don't need to take me up on my offer to sign you up as a new recruit, huh?"  She grins and winks at the pegasus before nodding her head towards one of the larger buildings a number of guards seemed to be coming in and out of.  "Hey, I need to go check in with my CO, but Fisher and the others were going to stock up and supplies and find a place to rest for the night.  Catch up with me later and I'll buy the first round of drinks, alright?  Least I can do for you keeping me geared."

Zintiik

@,

Zintiik blinks and turns his head as he hears a voice addressing him.  It wasn't common for ponies to approach him when he was Tactic Wind, the pegasus was so bland and boring that most ponies skipped right over him.

He glances around to note that his group had, for the most part, gone off their own ways.  Since he was left by himself with this mare, he just casually tilts his head to the side.  Staying in character, the pegasus speaks with a bored, monotone voice.  "We are all part of a group.  However, I believe you have the wrong pony if you are seeking a particular party at the moment."  

Having the mare approach him did make Zintiik start to think that perhaps it was time to develop a persona other than Tactic...  Members of that other group were familiar with Tactic Wind, and not on good terms when he last left.  And if Redwave had shared what he knew, then he would be recognizable as a changeling...  Too late now, though.  I'll have to work on a new disguise later...

Mirror smiled, glad to hear that Orion had accepted her offer. It was odd that she barely knew anyone in their group. The closest to being an exception was Scribbler, but even then she knew next to nothing about him. Just that he was proficient at many types of magic and that he was kind. Taking Orion's cue, Mirror walked towards the door, past both Willow and Scribbler. As she passed by Scribbler she brushed him with the tip of her tail. She stopped just outside the door to wait for Orion.

@,@@Commander Tangent

Blast

Blast simply smirked when he saw the mare. It was nice to see that Kingfisher was back to her old self, remembering everything... well, mostly. He began speaking with a small chuckle in his voice.
"Nice to see you, too." Blast said with a slight point of sarcasm. "I assumed that I was completely done looking for this piece of ancient writing. But, I guess you guys still weren't done. So, I packed up my things again and started heading to Canterlot, where I assumed you and the others were, considering that was the direction you went for last time I saw you. I mean, I'm not missing out on this unfinished business. Now, all I've gotta do is find Eclipse. I'm sure he'll want to come along as well." Blast stopped speaking when he heard a random stallion ask him a question. "Yeah, man, it's right across town. I think we're heading there right now, actually."

((OOC: I'll introduce Eclipse into the chapter later on. He'll still be looking for his answers, though))

Edited by StevenEarthPony

@,

Icarus tilted his head in curiosity, "Oh really, why ?"

Perhaps whatever this group plans to do will give me something to do. Hopefully, if Its what it sounds like, it can possibly lead me back onto the trail of the creator. But that is only hope and speculation

Frost Typhoon

Frost stepped off the train with a slight wobble in his step, normally he could handle train rides no problem, but his ride had been rather bumpy, and combine that with his slight headache and it was the farthest thing from a pleasant feeling.

He managed to maintain his balance long enough to look around and get his bearing. He stumbled for a few feet until getting his stride back to normal. He trotted over to the trains schedules board and examined it for his departing train. Once he had located it he mentally cursed, frustrated that his train would be leaving the next morning. He had only brought enough bits for another ticket,

Where am I going to stay the night?! he thought to himself with a scowl on his face. I don't have time for this ill just go find an inn to stay at......I'm sure it's cheaper than I think.....then again it is Canterlot...just wonderful. he thought, his frustration slowly being over takin by fatigue.

Aegis Dare

@

"No problem, Pavi. Actually, this is my way of saying sorry, since I nearly walked out on you guys back there. I'll catch up with you at the inn by the train station. I just need to pay for our, ahem, 'spare parts'." When Pavisa left, he turned back to Sable. "Has Noble been through here lately? He was at Nieghagra Falls not too long ago."

Sable rubbed his chin. "Come to think of it, he turned up on the doorstep, muttered something about failure, packed some clothes and left again. Happened too fast for me to figure out where he was going."

This news worried Aegis. Orion was once thing, but Noble was a far greater threat. And it was highly unlikely that Noble could be swayed from whatever he was thinking of. "Thanks, Sable. I really appreciate what you've done for me and Pavisa."

"No problem. But you owe me a drink sometime, Mr Big Spender." Sable said with a joking grin.

Aegis laughed. "I'll owe you enough to drink a dragon under the table by the time I've got money again. I've only got enough for supplies, a meal and lodgings for the night. But alas, c'est la vie. I bought a house that I can't move into for a month, yet they'll send my mail there."

"Finally decided to stop wandering?" Sable asked.

"More like I needed a place I could come back to. Something to remind me that everyone needs a place where they belong."

Sable nodded. "Very poetic. I like it. But I have customers, and you have other places to be, judging by those saddlebags."

Aegis nodded and handed Sable a piece of paper, and his second last bag of bits. "If Dad comes by again, give him the address on that paper. Thanks again, Sable. For everything."

"Well met, Aegis. If you see Noble again, tell him that Pierrot's joined the Royal Guard. He's training to be a scout."

"Will do. 'Til we meet again, old friend." Aegis said as he walked back towards the market.

Kingfisher.

@,
@@Commander Tangent,

"You'll be lucky - trains are rare as Windigo tears right now: next one up north is in the morning." Kingfisher shrugged without breaking pace. "I'm gettin' a hot meal: ships biscuit keeps forever but tastes like somethin' between sawdust and dirt. To the seas if I'm missing a chance for some actual food..."

She knew where she was heading: a seedy place tucked out of the way. She had liked it there in the past: quiet, dark.... all the things her parents would have hated but that she just felt like she needed: a good place to not draw attention to yourself. It was cheap and the food was decent, so long as you weren't too picky. She waved towards the station as they drew closer: it being in their path.

@@Frosty V,

"We'll be leavin' in the morning - train is due to leave just past dawn and... Hey! Watch where your going!"

Colliding with the pony wasn't a problem really - she was a sailor after all: balance and strength were what she considered her two best features. Still, she wasn't one for manners at the best of times and a stallion (probably drunk, she thought) staggering about in the street and directly into her path was hardly what she needed to incite politeness. 

---------------

Orion Starsinger.

@@SilverHeart,

Making his way out into the streets, Orion looked about before making his way vaguely in the direction he needed: taking a meandering route that would draw out the short walk a few minutes longer than it needed to be - this was the first chance he had to try and assess his more secretive companion, of whom he knew precious little.

"So... Mirror Image." He mused out loud. "We haven't spoke much: I apologize for dragging you into all this: and thank you for your... well... for not leaving. I'm sure Willow appreciates everything that the three of you have done for us as well."

There were a number of questions that he had planned but none of them seemed... right. He knew practically nothing of this mare - didn't fully know if he could trust her. She was still with them though, that said something, didn't it?

Regardless, the first course of action was finding out what her motivations were: what made her 'tick'. The Litany was a wonderful tool but even he could see how it had clouded his mind: without it, now was the time for logic: for finesse.

@,

Zintiik blinks and turns his head as he hears a voice addressing him.  It wasn't common for ponies to approach him when he was Tactic Wind, the pegasus was so bland and boring that most ponies skipped right over him.

He glances around to note that his group had, for the most part, gone off their own ways.  Since he was left by himself with this mare, he just casually tilts his head to the side.  Staying in character, the pegasus speaks with a bored, monotone voice.  "We are all part of a group.  However, I believe you have the wrong pony if you are seeking a particular party at the moment."  

Having the mare approach him did make Zintiik start to think that perhaps it was time to develop a persona other than Tactic...  Members of that other group were familiar with Tactic Wind, and not on good terms when he last left.  And if Redwave had shared what he knew, then he would be recognizable as a changeling...  Too late now, though.  I'll have to work on a new disguise later...

"Not all of us are part of a group... At least, I'm not..." Sand said. She had a feeling something was wrong with the Pegasus, although she didn't quite know what it was. Just something about him... I don't feel that same hatred I do around other ponies... Why? She wondered, staring at the pony.

• Brohoof 1

@

Frost trotted along, stumbling a few times as he did so. He was mumbling to himself in frustration given his current circumstances. His thoughts were cut short when he felt himself ram into another pony. It mostly startled him, but he stumbled backwards few inches barely keeping his balance. After he was able to regain his stance he walked back to the pony he had hit. "Sorry madame, I'm just not in my right mind right now, sick from the train ride and all." he replied, letting out a small, awkward chuckle. He figured since he was already talking to the mare he might as well introduce himself and ask if she knew of any close by inns. "My name is Frost. Frost Typhoon, but you can just call me Frost," he said with a smile, extending his hoof out for shake. "...tell me, my train leaves in the morning and I need a place to stay. Do you know an inns close by....preferably a cheap one?" he asked, his tone more serious than before.

Edited by Frosty V

@

Blast

"I think it's relatively safe to assume that there will be some kind of food stand or multiple stands in the station." Blast said, walking beside Kingfisher. He could only imagine what was awaiting him this time now that he was on the hunt for the Litany again. The first escapade almost left him dead. Could this one be just as life threatening? Could the first one be the worst or was it only a warm-up for what was to come?Eventually, the group got there and entered the station.

((OOC: I REALLY hope I didn't screw anything up on that.))

Pavisa

Making her way into her CO's office, Pavisa stops and brings a hoof to her forehead in salute.  She had taken the time to don her new set of armour - she had to look official when meeting her superiors, after all.  "Sir.  Private Pavisa, checking in from the Litany of Magic mission."

The scarred stallion behind the desk looks up at her, staring at her for a few moments as if trying to decide who she was.  "Litany of what?  Oh, wait...  You're the one I had to assign to that wild goose chase, right?  Well, glad you're back private.  You're being reassigned away from that search for nothing to help control the panic here in the capital.  Still can't believe I actually had to take that letter seriously...  Formal request is a formal request though."

Pavisa was left blinking in disbelief.  Stammering for words, she places her hoof down and takes a step forward.  "Sir, no, you can't!  I mean, the Litany is real.  And dangerous!  You can't pull me off of this mission now!"

The stallion stopped her with a glare, stamping a hoof against his desk.  "That's enough, private.  I don't know what you accomplished on your trip to the Falls, other than losing an expensive set of armour."  He narrows his eyes and grins slightly at the surprised look on Pavisa's face.  "That's right, word spread quickly through the barracks when you had to march through here in nothing but your helmet and those ridiculous legplates.  I've had enough of you embarrassing the Guard.  Now report to the barracks for your reassignment duty, and no more protests about going off on another little trip with your new vagabond friends."

Pavisa was left in a state of disbelief - had she truly been ordered to go back to patrol duty!?  Surely not, with the Litany still out there!  She took a moment to think back to when she had first been ordered to go after the Litany - even then her CO hadn't been concerned.  He had just been passing what he felt was a fool's errand to his newest recruit.

Among the memories that she was left to sift through for a moment, suddenly one stood out to her from the conversations she'd shared with Kingfisher during their journey to the Falls.  Just...  Don't let them change you...

Pavisa knew what she had to do - the only way to protect Equestria was to help her friends get to the Litany.  Standing around in Canterlot pretending wasn't something she had any intention of doing.  With a determined look in her eyes, Pavisa stamps a hoof on the ground.  "Sir...  Then I quit."

Her CO sat upright and glared at her.  "And here weren't you upset about being sent away from Canterlot, private!?  I'm doing you a favor by pulling you off this pointless mission."  In response Pavisa turns around and starts to walk towards the door.  The now furious stallion shouts after her, "Private!  If you walk out that door now, you're never serving in this city again!  Do you hear me!?"

Pavisa slams the door in his face.  She turns to walk towards the armory, hoping to grab a halberd before word spreads throughout the barracks of what she'd done.  Sorry big brother.  Looks like your little sister is going to give your reputation a bad name.  As she gets ahold of her weapon she turns and walks out of the barracks, the halberd slung across her back.  She had more than paid for it as far as she was concerned - a recruit's paycheck was abysmal.  She turns towards the direction of the train station, hoping to catch up to the others.  She'd worry about what she would do when she came back to Canterlot later - for now, Pavisa at least knew she was doing the right thing.

Zintiik

@,

Zintiik hides a yawn behind one of his wings.  Say what you would about the changeling, he could stay in character.  Sheesh, Tactic even bores ME.  As he speaks he picks a direction and starts to walk, hoping to catch up with either Orion or Willow.  He was silently cursing himself for not paying attention when they had walked off.

"Outcasts are a group of their own.  If one were to gather them all, they would likely outnumber armies."  'Tactic Wind' speaks drolly, as though being forced to give a lecture he really had no desire to be at.  "Which is lucky for the rest of us.  Pawns are less dangerous alone than they are in a group."

He was starting to become somewhat wary of the mare - he was aware that the more he brought attention to himself by speaking, the more likely it would be for somepony he didn't want to recognize him to show up.  The suspicious changeling's mind started to explore possibilities while he contemplated how he could slip away from her.  Could she be some kind of trap..?  If I get exposed here in Canterlot, I'm as good as dead.  The city is still upset about the swarm's invasion.

• Brohoof 2

Icy Night
Unsure where to go Icy walked around the city for a while, hoping to overhear something interesting.
-Maybe i'll just sleep on the lake- she thought to herself, thinking of ways to save her money. It would be bad if she spent it all at once. -But I'm in Canterlot I'm pretty sure that must be illegal here- She thought
 As she walked by the train station she over heard a stallion asking about an inn that was cheap.
@@Frosty V,
"Did you say something about a cheap inn?" she asked

@,

Zintiik hides a yawn behind one of his wings.  Say what you would about the changeling, he could stay in character.  Sheesh, Tactic even bores ME.  As he speaks he picks a direction and starts to walk, hoping to catch up with either Orion or Willow.  He was silently cursing himself for not paying attention when they had walked off.

"Outcasts are a group of their own.  If one were to gather them all, they would likely outnumber armies."  'Tactic Wind' speaks drolly, as though being forced to give a lecture he really had no desire to be at.  "Which is lucky for the rest of us.  Pawns are less dangerous alone than they are in a group."

He was starting to become somewhat wary of the mare - he was aware that the more he brought attention to himself by speaking, the more likely it would be for somepony he didn't want to recognize him to show up.  The suspicious changeling's mind started to explore possibilities while he contemplated how he could slip away from her.  Could she be some kind of trap..?  If I get exposed here in Canterlot, I'm as good as dead.  The city is still upset about the swarm's invasion.

"I suppose being an outcast is the only place I fit in... That makes sense right?" Sand asked, not sure if normal ponies would understand that. Then again... He doesn't seem like a normal pony either... Wait, wasn't I supposed to be asking if he was a replacement or something? She wondered.