Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums Unofficial Fanfic Contest: Mk II (Holiday)

Acoustic Cloud

The time zones are throwing me off, but I'd like to try my hand at writing something.

It's December 8th, but I'm not sure exactly what time it is GMT at the moment.

*Edit: Figured out the time zones. It's just Pacific Standard time for the contest. :P

Edited by CloudFyre
  • Brohoof 1

The time zones are throwing me off, but I'd like to try my hand at writing something.

It's December 8th, but I'm not sure exactly what time it is GMT at the moment.

*Edit: Figured out the time zones. It's just Pacific Standard time for the contest. :P

Haha, sorry, I tried keeping the times as simple as possible!

I'll add ya' in.

Oh, I wish I could enter, I really, really do!  But sadly I cannot, seeing as my fanfic has absolutely nothing to do with Hearth's Warming Eve.  :(   Sorry guys, this sounds like such a fun contest; can't wait to see the results, and best of luck to all the contestants!!!  :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

Hm, I wouldn't mind joining this as a contestant. I haven't written stuff for a while now, but why not? I won't lose anything if I don't win, and this is a fun way to get in the holiday spirit.

Sign me up! :)

• Brohoof 1

Well that 800 word minimum was easier to surpass then I thought. I'm already at over 2,000 words and I've just barely started the conflict/rising action of the story. :P

I just hope that I can manage to finish my longer than expected story by the 18th. :( Because that's when they are due, right?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well that 800 word minimum was easier to surpass then I thought. I'm already at over 2,000 words and I've just barely started the conflict/rising action of the story. :P

I just hope that I can manage to finish my longer than expected story by the 18th. :( Because that's when they are due, right?

That seems to be at least a positive dilemma! 

And yes, as @ said, that is the correct due date.

All I can say is good luck to getting all that you wanted down and pat!

Edited by Rainbow Dashey
  • Brohoof 1

Everyone has a huge start.

I just got done writing my outline.

rarity_is_not_amused_by_danyiddunn-d4lbm

You can never be too prepared when it comes to writing! :)

All this talk of stories is getting me intrigued.

I'm that person that won't start a project until the official start of it. I don't even have a full idea yet... :okiedokielokie:

Well, technically it did start! ^.^

You aren't the only one in that boat.

• Brohoof 2

You can never be too prepared when it comes to writing! :)

All this talk of stories is getting me intrigued.

My outline isn't even really complete :P I just got the basis of the plotline and the ending, still a couple of parts I need to come up with. It's good, though. I sent it to my friend today and she wants me to send it to her when I'm done writing it. I think I've got something going here.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't started my story yet, but I have a vague idea of what I want to do and I usually can come up with stuff in about five seconds due to a neverending mind. I figure I'll wait until I take my last final exam for college, then I won't have any worries and I'll just churn it right on out. :3

Also, for time zone confusion, here's this.

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough
  • Brohoof 1

Are we still taking voulenters for the judge positions? If so, then I would also like to help judge the stories. I love reading, it is my single most favourite hobby and pass time. I also like to think that my spelling and grammar are rather good.

If not, then give me a shout the next time something like this shows up. I'll help out then.