Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pet pidgeon?

Scootaloler Lorentio

Hello there.

Since i was 5, i was always amazed with animals, how they act, how they survive in cities.

I just got a weird passion for pidgeons, the way they are everywhere and are somewhat cute.

So i just got the idea of having a pet pidgeon.

But before i get to that, is it a good thing?

Do they transmit diseases? Keep in mind i live in Brazil, it's really dirty.

They make good pets?

What do i need to feed them? I heard bread does it.

Well, the bread might actually make them too fat.  I would recommend a birdseed mix or suet.  Experiment and see what the bird likes.  As far as having a Brazilian pigeon,  if you're really set on this, go to some pet shop or something and get one.  I live in a city with a bunch of pigeons as well, and I would not recommend toughing them, let alone bringing them into your home.   They ten to carry lice or other parasites...

Looks like you need to go to the pet shop!Funny-Pictures-Pigeon-Shaming.jpg

Well 2 weeks ago in Field Ornithology class (college) I actually held and handled a domestic Rock Pigeon. We measured wing span, the legs and the beak (and no animals were harmed). They're pretty cool... but the moment I brought him from the back of the lab to my bench in the front he took a dump allover my chest and got me a second time later. That's why we wear lab coats. Besides that I don't know much else, they are kept as pets though which I didn't know before.

Well, the bread might actually make them too fat.  I would recommend a birdseed mix or suet.  Experiment and see what the bird likes.  As far as having a Brazilian pigeon,  if you're really set on this, go to some pet shop or something and get one.  I live in a city with a bunch of pigeons as well, and I would not recommend toughing them, let alone bringing them into your home.   They ten to carry lice or other parasites...

Looks like you need to go to the pet shop!Funny-Pictures-Pigeon-Shaming.jpg

Is that real or a toy?

Because to be honest most pigeons give me the creeps I HATE THEM! but that one looks a bit less..... eww and a bit more aww cute :)