Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How old is Celestia?...and do Ponies ever die?

Seaweed-Headed Dragon

If Alicorns live forever... that's sad considering Cadence is an Alicorn and Shining Armor isn't. He'll age and die while Cadence stays the same... like Aragorn and Arwin D:

Not necessarily.

We know that the princesses are immortal. But the creators have flatly stated that Twilight will not outlive her friends.

Now this could mean that Twilight IS immortal and her friends will also become immortal.

But I think it's more likely that since Twilight is an ascended/artificial alicorn (while according to Faust, Celestia and Luna were BORN that way), she is NOT immortal. And since Cadence is ALSO an ascended alicorn (she used to be a pegasus), I assume she is not immortal either.

• Brohoof 1

Not necessarily.

We know that the princesses are immortal. But the creators have flatly stated that Twilight will not outlive her friends.

Now this could mean that Twilight IS immortal and her friends will also become immortal.

But I think it's more likely that since Twilight is an ascended/artificial alicorn (while according to Faust, Celestia and Luna were BORN that way), she is NOT immortal. And since Cadence is ALSO an ascended alicorn (she used to be a pegasus), I assume she is not immortal either.

and if you listen to ANY pony's head canon twilight is already dead.  ^^.

she was reduced to ashes.  she went to the after life to meet celestial as her life passed before her eyes.

so yeah, she isn't out living her friends.

^^. 

They do not live forever, however they do live for so long that they almost do live forever. There is no way telling how old Celestia is, maybe ten thousands years old or probably older. There is no way telling how old they can become.

I would assume they have a life span of some sort. However, I never knew exactly how long they could live, or how long it takes for them to be considered an adult.

This is a problem I've been struggling over with in my fimfic, currently using a normal horse's life span...

In short: cartoon logic, they never die due to old age, unless the producer wants them to, which I highly doubt for mlp.