Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you embarrassed to play videogames in public?

jackleapp81

Never! I embrace it. Sometimes I'll bring my DS or PS Vita with me depending on where I'm going. Sitting in the hair salon getting my color touched up? You best believe I'll be playing my Vita with something like Hyperdimension Neptunia or Danganronpa on it; no shame. :catface:

Your friend is paranoid. No normal person would see anything wrong with an adult playing with a portable console and they certainly wouldn't they he was a pedo. As for me, I'm not the gamer I used to be, but I imagine if I was I wouldn't have any problems playing games in public, even if it was the my little pony mobile game I played for a while.

• 4 weeks later...

I carry and play my 3DS around! However, I still feel odd playing WITH people, depending how well I know them. With newer friends, I usually prefer just to watch since I feel my "skill" is kinda lacking.

No, I carry my Nintendo 3DS around all the time. It's necessary to earn play coins for the Street pass Mii Plaza Games and tag other systems to play the games.

Heck! I wore a Cappy Hat from Super Mario Odyssey to Community College while carrying my Nintendo Switch around this past week and no one objected!

59f41b2fe3ae5_download(21).jpg.26700e2a1d494e873c4d20c7b3e98aaa.jpg

• Brohoof 2

At this day and age, why would you, most adults were teens in the early 2000's and they played games it ain't looked down upon like it was when it was in the 2000's it generally accepted kids want to play video games.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I get anxious about it, yes. But that's more due to the social aspect than anything else. I used to play my DS whenever I had the chance to back in the day with no concern about it. In fact, if anything, having it made me less anxious about leaving home, and it still would.

I am honestly. It is an unpleasant feeling thinking whether people are watching you or not, and I have been chastised for playing handheld games in public before anyway. I'll still take my handheld consoles with close friends or on road trips tho. And even without the embarrassment I'd rather keep my love of games to myself instead, not share it with others. 

And that is why I play emulation apps on my phone instead. Normies won't notice that my normiephone has nerdy vidya on it lol

I don't see why I should be embarrassed to play games in public. Thoughout the years I've taken my handhelds when I've gone out, so I can pass the time easily. These days it's either my Switch or 3DS.

• 3 months later...

No, not at all. If someone has a problem with me playing video games in public. They can heck off.

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...

That depends. If it's on a laptop or my phone I feel like people would think that's somewhat normal, but if I pull out a DS or a Switch in the line at Walmart or at the library or something, people are going to think I'm weird. If it's on a plane or a train or something, then I wouldn't be embarrassed at all. Nobody's going to judge you for bringing ways to entertain yourself on a long trip.

Edited by Booker

I don’t really play video games at home even, let alone in public areas. Unless I’m at an arcade or something and even then, I’m not embarrassed to do so.