Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Analysis please

Scritches

A friend of mine recently bought a FiM coloring book and came across a page with Rarity on it.

However there is something on Rarity's hair, however no one in our group of bronies had any idea what it was in her hair.

post-59-0-08854800-1320115245_thumb.jpg

So everypony, what do you think it is?

Maybe it's just a random bow added for this specific picture... Not exactly sure... Don't worry about it too much, it's nothing...

I'm not too concerned myself however, she kept bugging me to post about it because she has on idea what color to make it.

I have no idea. I looks like it is supposed to be a hair clip of some kind, but it looks more like a shell. Also, her front hooves seem short.

Now that I think about it, those hooves aren't shaped right either. WTF Hasbro?
  • Brohoof 1

It looks like Steven Magnet's scale.

post-1-0-15622500-1320128710_thumb.png

It kind of does, however there is a strange circular thing near the top. I am thinking that maybe it was supposed to be an earring however the artist misplaced it.

When has Hasbro ever used show accurate merch vectors?

Only on rare occasion, but it has been known to happen. But I agree that this one is definitely not accurate.

I'm sorry, what are we looking at? I can't see anything. =/

An unknown object hanging from rarities 'elegantly coiffured mane'.

It hangs in front of her front right hoof.

Edited by Swoop

Looks like the pony equivalent of an ear ring, probably done exclusively for the book

*standby for silliness* Wait...wouldn't you know? Aren't you the one that put it in your hair Rarity? :B

(edited)

It probably just some sort of hair accessory. Nothing to worry about :D

Yet again it is not that I am worried about it. Simply that I was bugged by a friend to post about it. Edited by Leatherneck

Yet again it is not that I am worried about it. Simply that I was bugged by a friend to post about it.

I know you wasnt worried. I was simply referring to that it was indeed intentionally and just one out of a million accessories Rarity could use :D

Well, she's shopping, so it's probably a hair ornament that she bought.

That basically seems to be the consensus, but still no idea what kind of hair ornament. Oh well, I guess my friend will have to be happy enough with what we already have here.

It looks like Steven Magnet's scale.

post-1-0-15622500-1320128710_thumb.png

lol so I guess she did keep it after the episode :P

Anyway, to me it looks like some kind of big hairpin. Not sure why they would include that though. It might just be a mistake too..