Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Analysis please

Scritches

It almost looks like an earring that they put on her mane so it would stand out

You know I thought that too, but it seems like they forgot that a pony's ear is much higher up...or something like that. :|

Its probably safe to asume its a hair clip, and since its aparantly exclusive to that book, you could coulor it in anny coulor you want. I would keep it white though, firstly caus I think it looks best that way, secondly, you can then recoulor it later If you find out what it is later.

Perfect solution!

It reminds me of the chili pepper ornament style, like this one

Posted Image

She does appear to have wrapped items, so maybe we can assume it's Christmastime in Ponyville...

Although, it doesn't really go with what she has, so I'm a little worried that her fashion sense has been lost,

Edited by Scootaloo
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not curious about what that thing is but rather how it's attached to her mane. =S

I imagine it is the same way any hair clip works. This one however seems overly large and therefore heavy. Anyone here know enough about irl ponies to know about the toughness of their manes?

• 3 weeks later...

The hair ornament we are all seeing is an inspired idea from a growing American fad(?) of putting feathers in your hair.

Posted Image

It may not be a feather, but the resemblance is pretty close. You see she either went shopping or received some gifts, so I doubt it's an error.

• 8 years later...
On 11/1/2011 at 3:41 AM, Scritches said:

However there is something on Rarity's hair, however no one in our group of bronies had any idea what it was in her hair.

post-59-0-08854800-1320115245_thumb.jpg

So everypony, what do you think it is?

Woah :wau: That's a mystery I cannot even tell. Very odd to have it located there of all places.

• 3 months later...