Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hi! I'm StarF

StarF

I figured I'd make a little introduction thread, because hey why not.

I go by StarF (Pronunciation: rhymes with 'scarf'), and I'm an amateur nerdcore rapper! I'm hoping to perform at this event (I've already gotten in touch with the event coordinator) and I figured I'd join the forums to get to know everyone a little bit better. Even if I don't manage to secure a performance slot, I still may attempt to attend this convention, I think it'd be a lot of fun!

So a little bit about me: I'm a 21 year old guy who currently lives in Minnesota working two boring day jobs and spending the rest of his time creating raps, reading, or playing video games. I think I've forgotten what sleeping is at some point along the way. I enjoy delicious noms, napping in hammocks, and playing music as loud as I can get away with at all times.

I don't want to sound like an advertisement, but I do have plenty of music available online absolutely free. My newest album can be found at Scrub Club Records, along with a bunch of other great stuff.

But enough about me, I want to know about all of you! So here's my question: How do you express yourself? I want to know! I write stories and make rap songs. What do you guys do? :D

I think the easiest way to describe my method of self-expression is... daydreaming. I dabble in various conventional forms of expression, like writing and music, plus some unusual ones like paper-and-pencil RPGs (both sides of the dice) and "hey, what happens if we poke reality here?" scientific ponderings. Overall, though, it all comes back to daydreaming and trying to figure out my place in the multiverse.

Daydreaming is fun, I mostly end up daydreaming when I'm at work, it's the only time I can anymore. But it's one of those things that I think people have to do from time to time to keep themselves from going absolutely insane. I find when I'm lost in daydreaming I come up with some of my best ideas that affect my creative work, rather than when I sit down and try to actively come up with them.

Daydreaming is fun, I mostly end up daydreaming when I'm at work, it's the only time I can anymore. But it's one of those things that I think people have to do from time to time to keep themselves from going absolutely insane. I find when I'm lost in daydreaming I come up with some of my best ideas that affect my creative work, rather than when I sit down and try to actively come up with them.

• 4 weeks later...

I express myself in two ways. First of all, drawing. I'll be sitting in class, bored out of my mind, and I'll pull out my big book of note book paper and draw some ponies or draw something that matches my mood. Secondly, and I get in trouble a TON for this one, speaking my mind. Like if I don't like something that everyone seems to like, I'll call it out.

I express myself in two ways. First of all, drawing. I'll be sitting in class, bored out of my mind, and I'll pull out my big book of note book paper and draw some ponies or draw something that matches my mood. Secondly, and I get in trouble a TON for this one, speaking my mind. Like if I don't like something that everyone seems to like, I'll call it out.