Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anypony stuck in this blizzard...

MrBlueCheese

I have a couple hundred thousand people didn't have power. The Silverdale mall lost power as I approached the entrance, and all of the traffic lights just flashed. It took an hour to get home when it usually takes 15 minutes.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a couple hundred thousand people didn't have power. The Silverdale mall lost power as I approached the entrance, and all of the traffic lights just flashed. It took an hour to get home when it usually takes 15 minutes.

yeah i know .. snow is nice but freezing rain?! :x

yeah i know .. snow is nice but freezing rain?! :x

A friend's mom works in Bothell, it took her 30 minutes just to get down the hill to avoid crashing into another driver. She was in first gear the entire time and most of the way back to her house.

A friend's mom works in Bothell, it took her 30 minutes just to get down the hill to avoid crashing into another driver. She was in first gear the entire time and most of the way back to her house.

thats why you stay inside :mrgreen:

thats why you stay inside :mrgreen:

She's an OTA, at a assisted-living facility.

If she doesn't go to work, then the patients suffer tremendously.

She's an OTA, at a assisted-living facility.

If she doesn't go to work, then the patients suffer tremendously.

That's the kind of job I couldn't have.

Props to her.

Anyhoof, what areas are still out of power?

Mirrormont, a neighbourhood on the southern tip of the Issaquah area (if you didn't know), is definitely still out of power. Or at least a good chunk of it. I was going to go home for the weekend but gave it a big NOPE when we found out there was no Internet.

Mirrormont, a neighbourhood on the southern tip of the Issaquah area (if you didn't know), is definitely still out of power. Or at least a good chunk of it. I was going to go home for the weekend but gave it a big NOPE when we found out there was no Internet.

Sometimes it is good to get away from the internet (at least, for a while) and enjoy the natural surroundings.

However, i'm thinking no internet = no power (or you don't have internet hooked up yet) so i think it's wise call on your part.

Sometimes it is good to get away from the internet (at least, for a while) and enjoy the natural surroundings.

However, i'm thinking no internet = no power (or you don't have internet hooked up yet) so i think it's wise call on your part.

No internet? That would be the end of almost everything I know and love D:

At least I can enjoy both the internet and nature where I live

Nature is fine and dandy, and I get out there as much as I can (especially with so much of my life REQUIRING an internet connection these days), but when I have a coding assignment due at 5:00 and I have no access to my assignment or the dropbox in which to turn it in.. yeah, easy decision.