Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Anypony still have their Genesis?

Fghik

21 users have voted

1. 1. Sega Genesis?

• I have it. I love it. Never gonna give you up.
    • It's somewhere around here...not my favorite thing.
    • It's crap. Why bother?
    • I don't have one. But when I had the chance to play one, it was fun.
    • I don't have one. But from what I played, it sucked.
    • Don't have one. And I have never tried one.

I have my ol' Sega Genesis set up next to my xbox, and I sometimes can't believe how much fun my friends and I are still having on that thing.

At random times, we turn off Halo and switch the input. Turn on Sonic 2 or Dr. Robotnik's Mean-Bean-Machine and just... have fun. Sometimes we are even playing for hours without realizing it. There's just something about getting a "Tripple Yippee" that makes me feel as if I just performed a Sonic Rainboom. Or the satisfaction that randomly button mashing performs a "Finish Him" move.

I don't care if you think Sega is crap.

I love...

*sunglasses* B)

My Little Genesis.

Do you guys have any fond memories of playing a Genesis? Or am I the only one who cares about such an old and outdated console?

Update: Added a poll :wub:

Edited by Fghik

I didn't have a Genesis until I was about 22 years old. Picked one up at the Good Will for about ten dollars. Junk stores can be great for finding old games and systems for cheap. I picked up an NES there to replace my long-broken one, along with a zapper and Duck Hunt. Good times were had.

• Brohoof 1

I didn't have a Genesis until I was about 22 years old. Picked one up at the Good Will for about ten dollars. Junk stores can be great for finding old games and systems for cheap. I picked up an NES there to replace my long-broken one, along with a zapper and Duck Hunt. Good times were had.

I've been meaning to take a look at some Junk stores... But man where I live people rip you off so badly... Like even worse than those Las Vegas hotel gift shops!

"They don't just want a deal, they want a heck of a deal"

I've been meaning to take a look at some Junk stores... But man where I live people rip you off so badly... Like even worse than those Las Vegas hotel gift shops!

Good Will stores are a good bet, if you've got any around you. They're really hit or miss when it comes to video games though; there have been times that I've walked out of them with several games all at once, and times when I've gone weeks without seeing anything worth while.

There's a small one a few blocks from where I'm living at the moment, so it's pretty convenient for me to head over and do a quick walk through on the way to the store or wherever. If I remember correctly they have reasonable return policies on consoles; games are an as-is affair, though.

I don't think I was even born when the Genesis came out.

"Age Unknown" on your profile doesn't help, but if you weren't born before 1989, then you weren't. :)

I've not owned a Genesis for that long, only about 3 years have I had one. I have, however, played tons of Genesis games on an emulator, and I have very fond memories of certain games. The Sonic trilogy is the best platform games ever made, imo.

I'd collect more games if the controller for the Genesis was such a tenacious bastard and won't work properly for the life of me. I'm especially curious of how the Phatasy Star games and ToeJam & Earl are like.

I was born in 1995. :D

Holy apples... So was I!

Now I feel so unaccomplished for not creating (three?) super amazing forum(s)?

I need to do something with my life...

I've had two in my life. Both broke.

Oddly enough, my SNES still lives on...

My dad rigged our van to play Sega/Watch DVD's on it. But he used the wrong kind of transformer or something and it fried our first Sega. But everybody on my mom's side of the family had one. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, everybody. And because my grandpa is going blind, and my grandma doesn't care for sonic, we got our second one...

(Which I have been hoarding a little too much for my own good)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS0IUTlq_gk&feature=related

I grew up with a Genesis and an NES. I always liked the NES better (mainly because I had a lot more games for it), but I did have a few Genesis games like Sonic and Vectorman. My grandparents still own both systems.

Genesis was the very first console I owned. Got it for Christmas in 1995 I believe.

Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic Spinball, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, NHL 96, this one fighting game where the fighters are like made up of balls (it might've been called Ballz or something), World Series Baseball, just a whole bunch of games I loved.

If I had one I definitely don't have it now. Can anyone show me a pic?

There were three kinds that I'm aware of:

Gen 1

Posted Image

Gen 2

Posted Image

And Gen 3

Posted Image

Also, this thread needs a proper song.

I remember thinking that the headphone port on my best friend's brand new gen 1 was the most amazing thing ever.