Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Anypony still have their Genesis?

Fghik

21 users have voted

1. 1. Sega Genesis?

• I have it. I love it. Never gonna give you up.
    • It's somewhere around here...not my favorite thing.
    • It's crap. Why bother?
    • I don't have one. But when I had the chance to play one, it was fun.
    • I don't have one. But from what I played, it sucked.
    • Don't have one. And I have never tried one.

I had a G3 (but like I mentioned in another post... it got dead)

Currently I have a G2. And when I move out of my Parents' basement, it's coming with me. :D

Never had one, they're before my generation. One of my friends used to have one and I remember playing on it a bit. All I can remember is I had a riot on it, can't remember the game or anything.

My Genesis was lost when we moved to another house temporarily. It could be in the basement of my house in some hidden box but chances are if I ever find it, it won't even have the cables. :(

Be glad you at least owned one. I never have.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...

Yes, I still have my Genesis, or here in Europe called Sega Mega Drive. I have both model 1 and model 2, as well as Sega Mega CD (called Sega CD in US), and Mega Drive 32X (called Super 32X in the US).

And I happen to have a Sega Saturn too.

But having the real Sega Genesis hardware and games means a lot to me.

I still have my model 1 Sega Mega Drive (That's what the Genesis was known as outside of the US). I actually have it hooked up to the TV in my bedroom and I still play it every now and then. Still always fun to go back to.

Edited by Cash In

I have both a Mega Drive 1 and also a Mega Drive 2 with a Mega Cd 2 add-on.

I still Play on the console, since there are still games i like to Play, like with any console i have.

Yeah, the megadrive is my favourite system and I have several as well as the CD and 32X add ons.

rjSxUrx.jpg

From top left to bottom right: Asian Pal Megadrive with Pal Mega CD, Pal Mega Drive II, CD II and 32X, NTSC Genesis II, 50hz/60hz & language Modded Pal Mega Drive I and Master System Converter, 50hz/60hz & language Modded Mega Drive II

I have more stock Pal Mega Drive I's and II's and another CD on top of these.

I still play the megadrive quite often but I mainly just use the Genesis II and the modded Mega Drive II as I get a better picture out of those through the scart cable than the I's which always have jail bars on the screen. I use the Genesis II for better quality 60hz gameplay and the modded Mega Drive for compatability with all games from all regions.