Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The War Between the States

Sanitysrequiem

Greetings, my name is Daniel Winstrom McBride. Born of a well-to-do merchant and nurse in 1840 in Trenton, New Jersey, I had want for little growing up. After my primary education had ended, I found myself playing the games of women and tomfoolery in my University days. Though I, none-the-less, found myself in good enough standing to be accepted to one of the finest institutions of medical learning in the state of New Jersey. I buried myself in my studies, taking seriously the need for a well-rounded and educated gentleman in such tumultuous times as the nation found itself in the later part of the presidency of James Buchanan.

Finding little in terms of satisfaction in the hospital I worked upon graduation, I found myself taking great leaps in the realm of patriotism and unity as the war between the states was beginning to rage out of control. I signed on to be a field medic and surgeon for the 12th New Jersey Army Regiment. Within weeks I could scantly find a comfortable position to sleep as my mind raced with visions of grand, terrible battles and the mounds of humanity left in their wake. Casualties in the ranks and my own skill has seen my station being raised in prominence in a hurry. I see dozens of men a day, finding it difficult to console them as I am forced to remove foreign object and amputate with no anesthesia. My only recourse be that of a short volume of poems I have begun transcribing, many bringing back images of the horrors of war, prose as a form of catharsis for this wretched work that I must do.

I think of home, of mother, father and my sisters, but more than anything I think of Lincoln and this war. Tomorrow we march on Virginia, may the grace of God be with us.

I am a raconteur of sorts, weaving tales of laughter and woe.

I don't really do much con wise, I'm going to help plan this mother bucker and hopefully get some cool guests to boot. I also dabble in comedy writing. Besides that I have a great meatloaf recipe I'm always willing to share. My favorite characters are Twilight and AJ, my favorite CMC is Scootaloo and I once won a ramen eating competition, eating 29 bowls in 5 minutes.

Cheers!