Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Intro and questions/whatnot

DustnRain

Firstly; Hi, I'm DustnRain a brony type from the far reaches of North Northern Washington (aka, right up by Canada-ish)

Secondly; I'm curious about the events portion of this convention, particularly if there will be costumes involved?

Thirdly; I have con-staff level experience regarding costume building & event preparation, does your crew need any help?

Fourthly; If there's any way I can help to make this event awesome, let me know, I enjoy helping out!

Fifthly? While looking at the registration page, I didn't see an option for Sponsor, only regular reg and dealer???

Sixthly; umm, thats it I guess!

Replying to your fourthly, you could bake some chimicherrychangas!

cooking baking not my skill, especially not translating a recipe from the Pink. Building, crafting, creating other than cooking is more my talent.

Replying to your fourthly, you could bake some chimicherrychangas!

cooking baking not my skill, especially not translating a recipe from the Pink. Building, crafting, creating other than cooking is more my talent.

Firstly; Hi, I'm DustnRain a brony type from the far reaches of North Northern Washington (aka, right up by Canada-ish)

Secondly; I'm curious about the events portion of this convention, particularly if there will be costumes involved?

Thirdly; I have con-staff level experience regarding costume building & event preparation, does your crew need any help?

Fourthly; If there's any way I can help to make this event awesome, let me know, I enjoy helping out!

Fifthly? While looking at the registration page, I didn't see an option for Sponsor, only regular reg and dealer???

Sixthly; umm, thats it I guess!

First off, welcome to the herd DusnRain.

Second, you can dress up for the event. However (and correct me if i'm wrong) but there's no weapons or masks allowed.

Thirdly, i would get in contact with the staff for volunteering for the con. You can do so here: events@everfreenw.com

Fourthly, a thing you can do is help out with the forums, and if possible, attend the public meetings.

Fifthly, there's not going to be a Sponsor badge for the event. We feel that we want to have everypony be on equal footing. That way, there's nopony left out or feel like they can't interact with certain ponies.

Sixthly, have a great day :)

Second, you can dress up for the event. However (and correct me if i'm wrong) but there's no weapons or masks allowed.

Thirdly, i would get in contact with the staff for volunteering for the con. You can do so here: events@everfreenw.com

Fourthly, a thing you can do is help out with the forums, and if possible, attend the public meetings.

Fifthly, there's not going to be a Sponsor badge for the event. We feel that we want to have everypony be on equal footing. That way, there's nopony left out or feel like they can't interact with certain ponies.

Thanks for the welcome and the info, though I'm a tad puzzled regarding the no masks policy?? I was planning on setting up to be a vendor selling MLP inspired costume designs (full mascot/fur-suit style heads and an appliqué patch/cutie-mark , full head, wings and a patch/cutie mark) concept. With a no masks policy even attempting this type of sale would pretty much be a moot point/not worthwhile. I'm experienced with cons through being a concom staffer at a former furry con of the area, and we encouraged costume/cosplay/masks/fursuits what-have-you. I realize that this is Not a furry con regardless of the similarities, and subject matter, but, really no costumes, no costume performance, skits, cosplay?

The no weapons policy I fully understand and have no qualms about, and fully understand, and support! But costumes are so much fun! *erk*

Thanks for the welcome and the info, though I'm a tad puzzled regarding the no masks policy?? I was planning on setting up to be a vendor selling MLP inspired costume designs (full mascot/fur-suit style heads and an appliqué patch/cutie-mark , full head, wings and a patch/cutie mark) concept. With a no masks policy even attempting this type of sale would pretty much be a moot point/not worthwhile. I'm experienced with cons through being a concom staffer at a former furry con of the area, and we encouraged costume/cosplay/masks/fursuits what-have-you. I realize that this is Not a furry con regardless of the similarities, and subject matter, but, really no costumes, no costume performance, skits, cosplay?

The no weapons policy I fully understand and have no qualms about, and fully understand, and support! But costumes are so much fun! *erk*

We have no policy against masks, only weapons, at this time. We fully support suiting or cosplay at our convention, and only ask masks, cosplays and/or suits be in theme with the convention itself.

We have no policy against masks, only weapons, at this time. We fully support suiting or cosplay at our convention, and only ask masks, cosplays and/or suits be in theme with the convention itself.

Sorry, i thought there was a no mask policy.

Anyway, the security staff has the final say.

If they think a item(s) can be used as a weapon, you probably know what's going to happen next.

Simply put, Yeaah! Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou!

I've actually been con security before ConifurNorthwest Overnight Team and I couldn't remotely see these costumes as a threat, even the unicorn variant's horn which is built from copious amounts of a special glue/resign compound wouldn't be seen as a threat. You'd have to be pretty um, creative to create any sorts of violence from these costume designs. Users may vary, but if you're that much of a loose cannon, you probably shouldn't be too far from your padded room, and reeeeally long sleeve white jacket, even though they are pretty stylish.

I find its best to ask questions rather than violate some hidden prime directive as this whole concept of this con is new, and I've never dabbled with it.

Thanks,

DustnRain

Simply put, Yeaah! Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou!

I've actually been con security before ConifurNorthwest Overnight Team and I couldn't remotely see these costumes as a threat, even the unicorn variant's horn which is built from copious amounts of a special glue/resign compound wouldn't be seen as a threat. You'd have to be pretty um, creative to create any sorts of violence from these costume designs. Users may vary, but if you're that much of a loose cannon, you probably shouldn't be too far from your padded room, and reeeeally long sleeve white jacket, even though they are pretty stylish.

I find its best to ask questions rather than violate some hidden prime directive as this whole concept of this con is new, and I've never dabbled with it.

Thanks,

DustnRain

The horns were of some concern at the first public meeting. If it looks exactly like a horn and you use it as a horn, then you shouldn't have a problem.

However, if the horn can fall off easily and/or resembles a weapon (or your caught using it as a weapon) you're asked to leave.

Also, it's good to ask questions. I went to the first meeting for helping to answer people's questions on the forum (and various other reasons for doing so).