Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hello thar!

CWFan86

Thanks! Hehe a shy person's group would be fun. At this point, I bought my ticket and everything but I'm majorly considering more and more just not going. I'm too shy, and I'm growing disappointed. But that would be a major waste of a ton of money, so I dunno.

I can be shy too, which is probably why I'm going as Fluttershy. Of course once you get to know me then you'll see I'm a lot like Pinkie Pie at heart :lol:

Nice to meet you - maybe we'll run into each other at the convention. I'm looking to get acquainted with more people too since I have no friends who are going.

You should go! I mean, it may be a little scary to meet new people being a shy person; I had a similar experience going to a Thespian festival in Ontario. But when I got there, the fact that EVERYbody had a similar interest to share was extraordinary. We all knew the same improvisation games, which made the festival much more fun, especially when the scale grew from 4 people to about 50.

Conventions like these are always a ton of fun. Especially when you all have things in common. Immediately upon arriving, you've already got something in common with everybody attending! Sorry if I'm a little enthusiastic about this; I've just been stuck trying to save up for a trip and missed my chance, but you're practically there. Didn't want you to miss out on a golden opportunity. :D

Thanks everyone. Luckily, even if I don't attend, I have relatives here in Seattle and I can spend time with them. The closer it gets to the convention, the less thrilled I am to go...so I may or may not show up, and honestly I don't feel like I'll be missing out on much (Missing out on huge rowdy crowds and tight spaces? Yeah, that sounds good.) I'll prolly go to get one autograph, but as for everything else, meh.

Well if your worried about getting. There and feeling alone, I'd say get to know some of the people here on the board, then arrange to meet them at the con. That way you already have that connection with some people here and won't feel so isolated.

• 2 weeks later...

Meh, I've kind of gotten over being alone there. Actually, I've decided to only go for an autograph or two. I have absolutely no interest in socializing or "making friends" or participating in games. I only want to chill out alone in my room and I'll probably see one of my relatives there. So it worked out.