Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming A Gaming Thread

GrooveBroove

Twin snakes was a garbage remake. Play the playstation metal gears, they're much better.

Eh, I thought it was a great game, but I have seen people rag on how they changed the cutscenes or something. I might get to playing the others eventually, since they're on like everything now.

Eh, I thought it was a great game, but I have seen people rag on how they changed the cutscenes or something. I might get to playing the others eventually, since they're on like everything now.

Not just the cutscenes, but the music, voice acting and gameplay changed too.

There was a lot of additional music added and originals replaced and the cutscenes were played up like it was an over-the-top action movie parody. Die-hard fans are mostly the ones raging, as the make-over was more insulting than low-quality.

(edited)

Dear Celestia, how haven't I seen this thread earlier? :o

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Metal Gear Solid!

I am currently playing the HD Collection and MGS3 still impresses me the most. I am a huge fan of Naked Snake/Big Boss and the Cobra Unit. I was also happy to see young Ocelot. :)

And I think Snake Eater has the best setting. The technology is not THAT over the top and it has the right balance between fiction/over the top elements and reality.

I still remember how amazed I was when I first played it as a young teenager. After sneaking through the jungle and enemy bases a boss appeared with a great cinematic opening. It is truly an epic adventure/journey and with the jungle setting it gives you the right feeling of traveling through a hostile enviroment far away from your support team. The cold war setting also reminded me positively on the older James Bond movies :)

Also dat ending...

Posted Image

Edited by PonyPunk
  • Brohoof 2

Not just the cutscenes, but the music, voice acting and gameplay changed too.

My biggest complaint was the VA's.

Even though it was the same voice actor's, their work on the remake just didn't compare to their original work.

Dear Celestia, how did I've not seen this thread earlier? :o

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Metal Gear Solid!

I am currently playing the HD Collection and MGS3 still impresses me the most. I am a huge fan of Naked Snake/Big Boss and the Cobra Unit. I was also happy to see young Ocelot. :)

And I think Snake Eater has the best setting. The technology is not THAT over the top and it has the right balance between fiction/over the top elements and reality.

I still remember how amazed I was when I first played it as a young teenager. After sneaking through the jungle and enemy bases a boss appeared with a great cinematic opening. It is truly an epic adventure/journey and with the jungle setting it gives you the right feeling of traveling through a hostile enviroment far away from your support team. The cold war setting also reminded me positively on the older James Bond movies :)

Also dat ending...

Playing MGS3 on 3DS right now.

Really impresses me how well it's fitting on this handheld. It's just like playing it on the PS2.

Though the vita version of MGS2, 3, and PW should be awesome graphics wise.

My biggest complaint was the VA's.

Even though it was the same voice actor's, their work on the remake just didn't compare to their original work.

Playing MGS3 on 3DS right now.

Really impresses me how well it's fitting on this handheld. It's just like playing it on the PS2.

Though the vita version of MGS2, 3, and PW should be awesome graphics wise.

If you have a PS3 or 360 I would totally recommend you the HD collection. It includes MGS2/3 and Peace Walker and especially MGS3 looks awesome in HD :)
  • Brohoof 1

If you have a PS3 or 360 I would totally recommend you the HD collection. It includes MGS2/3 and Peace Walker and especially MGS3 looks awesome in HD :)

I actually picked up both HD versions.

I just haven't played them yet, waiting for my MGS frenzy to hit where I wont mind playing all 3 games on both collections twice!

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

The only MGS game I've played is Peace Walker. It's a great game, so I'm sure the rest of the series is, too.

Hideo Kojima is great at writing compelling stories for video games.

I would play the other games, but I don't have the consoles or the time.