Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hello everypony!

Sk8rBr0ny

Hello! What's up? My name is Charles and I am from Port Orchard here in Washington. I am 19 years old and Everfree Northwest will be my first convention overall. I am being shipped out for Army Infantry OSUT and Airborne School in 3 months to become a Paratrooper so I am trying to hang out as much as I can with other MLP: FiM fans during this time I have left as a civilian. I got my badge and I am going to try and get a room booked at the Value Inn and I am willing to share the cost (if somepony doesn't mind sleeping on the floor. We can trade off).

I'm kinda new to the fandom and was first exposed to the show while I was in NJROTC when my NCO brought his computer to school and had me watch a few PMV's. Let's just say I got hooked after that. :)

My favorite pony is Rainbow Dash, I can't draw anymore :lol: , I love skateboarding, and I am awesome! Nice to meet you all!

Basic at Benning, GA will be brutal in the summer. However I think you will do just fine. And Airborne sounds like a blast as well, sadly I did not get into Airborne School because during AIT my orders changed and I went to Stryker Brigade instead.

If there is any advice I can give you it's this:

Yes Drill Sergeant, no Drill Sergeant

The battle buddy system (very rare will it ever be used outside of TRADOC)

The Drill Sergeants will always mess with you, and find a way to do it.

All smoking have to end at some time

and right place, right time, right uniform

Keep your head and eyes forward, and you are a master of Basic.

Thanks for the tips! Our ROTC unit spent 3 weeks training with Marines so I know what you mean about the tricks Drill Sergeants and Drill Instructors use to try and break you. Well Stryker teams are still very important on the field and thank you for your service! :)