Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Meet the robot!

MetBoy

No, Valve didn't put out another video, nor am I actually a robot. I just picked up this screen name ages ago for the Bob and George forums (BnG was a megaman sprite comic) and have been using it since.

But! As I'd like to help make this con happen, I guess I should introduce myself. At Everfree 2012 I was the guy, often at the writing panels, with the blinky box containing a Rainbow Dash... and the guy that stood up in the comedy segment at the closing ceremonies.

I live in Seattle, in the Ballard area, where I work at a small engineering company, doing the intellectual scut work, so the engineers can get the credit (and any blame). Honestly, I love the job; I do most of the designing of control panels, and the result of most of that work is cleaner water. I could go on, but that would delay the PONY! part of this intro.

I am the author of the fic-in-progress, Equestria Trek, a shameless Star Trek/FiM crossover. I've got some other writing I'd like to do, but if you just want a glimpse into my (often MLP related) madness, check out my tumblr.

As for what I'm looking forward to with EFNW2013? Well, I hope to have my first long-form fiction story completed, and the blinking box upgraded (and possibly repainted). I'm also thinking of doing some Cosplay, if I can find a suitable character I could pass as (I'm not shaving my mustache, but I might dye it, so maybe Steven Magnet). I'm also looking forward to putting more faces to screen-names; in the dealer room I picked up a flyer for Ponymush which is becoming my new primary online hangout.

Anyway, hello!

Why hello! Volunteer work is amazingly fun even though it's work without pay. So I love your enthusiasm.

...can't wait until I'm 18, I'd love to help out X3

Anyways, noticed you said Ballard which is pretty cool. I'm in Bothell and my band is playing a gig at the Salmon Bay & Eagles Club in Ballard this Friday night. It's awesome to have a Brony convention so close now...I feel like it really tightens up the Northwest community ^-^

And people have been known to call me the robot online as well XD

Though mostly Gamma or Gammarobot.

But whatever...pointless message overall, I just like to talk X3

I know that place! I used to walk past there daily to get to the bus stop, before I moved Ballard, and it's just a few blocks from my place... Now I'm tempted to show up and say hello. :D

Oh sweet! I haven't ever been there myself, so I have no idea what it looks like X3

But small world, eh?

That'd actually be pretty awesome if you had the time.

It's 8-11pm and there's free admission. I'm the bass player for "The Accountants"

But of course, no need to go XD It could potentially be a bit awkward, but if you like alternative rock and indie folk, feel free to show up.

Three out of the five of my band members are bronies, and we (one of my guitar players, my drummer and I) are possibly be going to be playing some acoustic arrangements of MLP songs (seasons 1-3 and possibly some originals) at Everfree this year if we can.

Oh sweet! I haven't ever been there myself, so I have no idea what it looks like X3

But small world, eh?

That'd actually be pretty awesome if you had the time.

It's 8-11pm and there's free admission. I'm the bass player for "The Accountants"

But of course, no need to go XD It could potentially be a bit awkward, but if you like alternative rock and indie folk, feel free to show up.

Three out of the five of my band members are bronies, and we (one of my guitar players, my drummer and I) are possibly be going to be playing some acoustic arrangements of MLP songs (seasons 1-3 and possibly some originals) at Everfree this year if we can.

Sure, I'll be there! As for awkward... well, that's how we grow. ;)

Oh you were at the writing panels? I was running the sound for the first Friday one and write-a-fic workshop, both in First Hill, so I may have seen you.

I think I was in the back of the room for the first one on Friday, being a late arrival... Still, I hope there are another round of writing panels at EFNW 2013.

Thank you so much for coming!

First off, I'd really like to apologize for introducing myself and then walking off. My parents got a bit finicky with the whole "met on a forum" deal. It was really a bummer because I was hoping to get to chat a bit more, but it's all good now and I'll definitely have to talk to you again at Everfree.

Though really, I can't thank you enough just for showing up. Every person in that room increases the band's chances of doing more stuff in the future, and the event coordinators were very impressed at the amount of people we brought in and we've already been offered some future gigs at other venues.

Anyways, hope to meet again at some point!

I'm fully aware that parents can (and should) be kind of paranoid that way. :) But I'm glad I came out. I had fun, enjoying the music, and encouraging others is part of why I like this fandom; I've been encouraged to do more, and feel I need to 'pass it forward.'

Hope to see you at Everfree NW!