Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A newish fan

Amethyst42

Hello, I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Sandi, I often go by Amethyst online. I'm pretty new to MLP:FiM fandom. I've been watching the series with my daughters, and I've always been a fan of animation. Well-done, well-written animation, I should qualify! FiM is definitely all of those! We sing songs from the show for bed time stories, and pretty much anytime we won't annoy the heck out of everyone else.

I haven't been to any sort of con in a long time. I used to be into Elfquest (the original series) WAY back when I was a teen, and was part of a fan club, attended cons in costume and the whole 9 yards. I had some bad experiences at one con, and dropped out of fandom altogether for a long time.

I am hoping to attend the 2013 con. I like that it's advertised as family friendly, I plan on bringing my fillies! I'm going to check into perhaps helping out with a panel. I don't live anywhere near Seattle so it's going to be a fun trip for us!

Welcome to the herd...

I'm glad to hear you watch the show with your daughters, on two levels. I think many of society's ills could be mended if parents just took more time with their children, and were more involved with their children's lives, and watching something with them can be a great way to do that. Further, I think FiM is full of the sorts of lessons I think more women need to learn.

I've suggested a singalong event at the 2013 con; there was a spontaneous one in one of the waiting rooms.

I remember reading the Elfquest stories... those things were so nifty. I never got involved in the fandom, so I can't comment on that, but I loved the world the books created.

>.> <.<

Any chance I can talk you into dressing your girls in cosplay? There's so much potential for adorable there.

"Funny, you don't look newish."

I brought my daughter to EFNW and it was such a great time for us.

If you make it to EFNW 2013, you will thoroughly enjoy the company of your fellow fans and of course meeting the VAs/staff.