Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Oh hai Everfree...

caddyalan

It's about six months until EFNW, and I'm strongly considering attending the con for the first time. So unless something goes seriously wrong, I'll be going from Chicago to Seattle in early July 2013.

I'm active in several fandoms. Didn't know about Friendship is Magic until March 2011, when the Otaku in Review audio program raved about it for several minutes. After that, I slowly got into the show (seen about a dozen episodes so far), as well as the recent comics and some fan-made spinoffs.

I've watched maybe fifteen episodes of FIM. (Only a couple online, the rest on the first three DVDs.) Since I finally ordered a DVD box set of season one, I'll soon get around to seeing the episodes I missed so far.

... You mentioned being part of several fandoms, what else are you into?

I've been a video game fan for almost twenty five years. My interest has wavered in recent years... but just today, I was playing Grand Prix Story (iOS version) while exercising, and I've been enjoying Persona 4 Golden during long train rides and while waiting for appointments.

Board/card/strategy games is my new hobby. I enjoy some slow and thoughtful games, but most days, I prefer ones which are simple and relaxing. Current favorites include Eleminis, Sequence, Bang, and Ticket to Ride.

I learned about alternative (as in "not G-rated superhero or newspaper") comics about seventeen years ago, and I'm an active fan of several series and creators. I can talk about Jeff Smith and Scott McCloud one moment, and then quickly transition into talking about why I like Natsume Ono and Naoki Urasawa.

It's been nearly fifteen years since I became an anime fanboy as well. I've had increasing amounts of trouble trying to be optimistic about my hobby. But not too long ago, I saw the first few episodes of The World God Only Knows, which has been encouraging.

Cool, I'm into anime as well. I just finished Eden of the East and Kidde Grade. I have watched Kanon and Burst Angel multiple times lol. Right now, I'm looking for a new show to get into. I like crime dramas like Law and Order (all the series) and the CSI series as well. Webcomics are my usual method of passing the time though.