Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Greetings and Salutations

Well, figure I should make the most of this experience, so what better way to start than right now. :)

So, introduction first. Name's Preston. I'm a computer science major, just about to finish my bachelors degree at the end of the year. Really big into web technologies and development in particular. I also enjoy reading, writing and papercrafting. Also, Scootaloo is best pony with Sweetie Belle in close second.

I've been going back and forth about whether or not to attend Everfree this year, but finally decided to throw caution to the wind and go for it. I'm still really nervous as this will be the first convention that I have ever attended. Not to mention, my entire family has tried convincing me not to go and I don't actually know anyone else going. Still, I'm hoping for the best and very excited to meet you all there.

Hey, welcome to the forums! I can't tell you how many people I've seen around here that say Everfree will be their first convention. It's exciting!

I remember my first con. It was an Anime convention, and I did go with a couple friends, but Bronies are like some of the friendliest people I've ever met. Super cool, super chill. Anime cons are nice, but people kind of stay within their friend groups in my experience. Brony con, very different, much easier to talk to people even if you're shy. I think it's because, at Anime cons, there are so many different shows, and even the Japanese culture, that are encompassed there. With Brony cons, they are totally pony-so you KNOW everyone is into the same thing you are.

Everfree Northwest is going to be awesome, glad you won't be missing it!