Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First ever convention!

Grand Moff Pony

Hello everypony!

Just dropping in to say hello, since that seems to be the recommended first course of action here, lol. I really crossed into full Brony mode last year, and my wife recently joined the herd as well. We had heard of Everfree, but did not think we could attend.

BUT, my wife was called up to Seattle for s short notice business trip, and it just happens to fall around this convention!! :D So, we decided to make a long weekend out of it, and attend as much as we can!

This will be our first fan convention of any kind, but we're both really excited to see what Everfree NW has in store for the fans! Brony on!

PS - BTW, we'll be coming from St. Louis. Any other Missouri bronies headed to Seattle? :)

Hello there, welcome to the Everfree Northwest forums!

That's so cool that this will be your first con! Do you have any questions for a seasoned con goer?

Thanks for the warm welcome! I did have some initial questions, which I posted in a new thread. But, it looks like you and a few others have answered them completely. :)

If I think of more though, I'll be sure to ask. Thanks!

-GMP

Thanks for the warm welcome! I did have some initial questions, which I posted in a new thread. But, it looks like you and a few others have answered them completely. :)

If I think of more though, I'll be sure to ask. Thanks!

-GMP

Great! And sure thing, I'll be around. I actually meant more general convention questions, not just ones specific to Everfree (what should I bring, when should I arrive, what's near the hotel), but hey, that's awesome if you've already got it under control! I've just seen a lot of apprehensive folks around here, so I'm doing my best to aid!

Thanks for the help! We've been to Seattle a number of times, so we know our way around fairly well. We'll be bringing a camera, of course, to capture some memories. Are there specific camera policies in place, whether for VAs or vendor areas that we should be aware of?

Nothing I know of for the vendor area. As for the VAs, the only time pictures should really be taken with them is in the autograph room, if they permit it. We leave photo ops up the talent to decide if they want to do photos with autographs or not, but I'm pretty sure EVERYONE was cool with pics last year. Try not to take pictures of them while you're waiting in line. Most do not appreciate it. Talking pictures of costumes and such while in the autograph room is fine as far as I know, if a staff member in there tells you otherwise, please listen to them. Requests given at the con supersede anything said on these forums, as problems can arise or blunders discovered on a moments notice. Sometimes, the talent walks the con floor, because they want to check out the vendor hall or get some fresh air or just look at all the cool costumes. Please, this IS NOT the time for photo ops. I know I have seen them stop and take pictures with some fans, but outside of their autograph times, I expect they want to be left alone. However, if the talent asks to take a picture with you, go for it!

In summary: Pictures okay in the autograph room, but ask the talent first, please. :)