• No, I hated it! >(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

https://mlpforums.com/calendar/event/4-%7B%3F%7D/?module=events

Title: Luna Eclipsed
Air Date: October 22, 2011
Synopsis: It’s Nightmare Night and the macabre celebrations are in full swing when Luna herself shows up in Ponyville, determined to change her frightening public image.

Although only a rumour, it's highly likely!

I heard that it was an episode involving Luna on Halloween (Nightmare Night) trying to clear her image, silly Luna and her days :3 Edited by DashForever

I really, really hope that's what it is. Halloween is my favorite holiday, so Halloween + MLP = awesome D: Also, I think Luna needs to get more character development. She's super popular, but we haven't even seen that much of her, you know?

• Brohoof 2

I heard this too. I hope that Luna does reappear sometime this season and the sooner the better IMO. She deserves much more than her short appearance at the end of season1, episode 2 (I'm not counting the rest of that episode as she was Nightmare Moon).

i just heard about how will be the 3rd episode, and now the possible 4th one.... hmm, it sound really awesome :3 Luna needs to appear in more episodes, and have more than one where she is the protagonist.

I remember reading about this on Equestria Daily - this is what they had posted as the synopsis:

Season Two Episode 4: Luna Eclipsed

Air Date: October 22, 2011

Synopsis: It's Nightmare Night and the macabre celebrations are in full swing when Luna herself shows up in Ponyville, determined to change her frightening public image.

I also saw a leaked image of Luna wearing a hood and having an oddly maniacal grin on her face, so I am definitely excited to see where this leads. Luna was an important character in the first two episodes of season one, and then she completely dropped off the face of Equestria! At least Celestia mentioned her at the start of season two, but still, you would think she could have at least had a cameo here or there. I don't remember seeing her at the celebratory ceremony at the end of S2E02 either.

I have read a few fanfictions that have really sparked my interest in Luna, so I'm glad that she's finally making another appearance in the show. Took long enough!

I remember reading about this on Equestria Daily - this is what they had posted as the synopsis:

I also saw a leaked image of Luna wearing a hood and having an oddly maniacal grin on her face, so I am definitely excited to see where this leads. Luna was an important character in the first two episodes of season one, and then she completely dropped off the face of Equestria! At least Celestia mentioned her at the start of season two, but still, you would think she could have at least had a cameo here or there. I don't remember seeing her at the celebratory ceremony at the end of S2E02 either.

I have read a few fanfictions that have really sparked my interest in Luna, so I'm glad that she's finally making another appearance in the show. Took long enough!

I'm not sure if that picture was true or not, but I can't judge...

The colours were slightly different, lines were sharper and her eyes were weird

Yeah, that's the same thing I saw. The image of Luna in a hood is fantastic, I love it :D I'll bet she's grinning maniacally because she's hatching a plan or something, or maybe going to pull a lighthearted prank on Ponyville or something. I doubt she's going to be an antagonist, which is a speculation I have heard others say.

Edit: Assuming, of course, that it's real. I really hope it is, though.

Edited by Katrilli

I really hope that OP is correct. Luna must appear in season 2, or I shall be extremely disappointed.

But Luna + Halloween? I don't see that adding up....

I am really looking forward to seeing Luna's real personality. I love the fanon's Luna, but I would be okay if the show's Luna was different. Not like some ponies I know who would throw a big fit if the show's Luna didn't adhere to their made up standards XD. Moar Luna = Good.

I thought this episode was already confirmed.

But anyway, I'm looking forward to this episode. Holiday episodes are always fun, and with that awesome Hooded Luna, this episode is gonna rock!

Seriously, hooded Luna looks epic.

• Brohoof 2

I can't wait for this episode! I mean we actually get to learn more about Luna! What more could you want? I'm really interested in hearing her voice more, considering she only had 2 lines in the 2nd episode.

I also want to see if she behaves like the way we've depicted her. She always seems to be happy that she's back, but sorrowful and regretful of her past actions. I kinda hope that they make her kind of like this, just because that's how we know her from the year of guessing we've had about her.

I wonder, am I the only one wondering what costumes the characters will be wearing? If that leaked image is correct, Rarity was wearing a Vampire costume. I'm sure Twilight will be a literary figure (author or character), but I'm not sure which. Pinkie Pie will be something random that will seem scary after that episode. Fluttershy will either be an animal, like a raven or bat, or something super scary. Rainbow Dash will probably be a zombie. No clue about Applejack (maybe Frankenstein creature?).

Of course, the big question is Luna. What will her personality be like? I can't wait!

I love Halloween.

Edited by Slendermane
  • Brohoof 1

Just after luna promised she'd never betray her big sister again, she will appear in a Halloween episode. Madness !

That alicorn family is just made of trolls. Fantastic ones, at that.

I'm also looking forward to the canon version of Luna's personality - the fandom has certainly made a well established character out of her, but it will be neat to finally see how the creators intended her to be. I wouldn't be surprised if she were similar to many bronies' interpretations after all.

• Brohoof 2

Actually excited for this one. We havn't seen the niceness of luna since the endo of episode 2 season 1 huh?

That's true, at the end of that she was still playing nice. But i wouldn't beleive nopony after their initial intentions were to create eternal night.

I wonder, am I the only one wondering what costumes the characters will be wearing? If that leaked image is correct, Rarity was wearing a Vampire costume.

I don't remember seeing that. Do you have a link? It sounds interesting :3

I love Halloween.

Me too, it's my favorite holiday :D

this episode will be so fun to watch! just one thing's bothering me; it says in the synopsis that luna has a "frightning public image", but in the end of SE1EP2 the ponies looked like they understood the problem and forgave her. Did they forget about her, or something?

I also saw a leaked image of Luna wearing a hood and having an oddly maniacal grin on her face, so I am definitely excited to see where this leads.

I NEED to see this.

Episode 4 is going to be awesome, and I'm curious as to how they will answer to Luna's public image. But, I'm more interested in what type of character she is, and what her personality is like. She's uttered 3 words in the entirety of season and has yet to show her face in season 3, but she still has a huge fanbase. I wonder if she will be the sweet innocent little sister to Celestia, or something else completely different.