• I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

....Are you a pedophile o.o?

umm no... strange you asking me that...

holding children for hostage makes things easier

I was going to raise them as crew mates

Make a tasty stew

chicken?

Aww F it... I'm a pirate... do I need a better reason...

Edited by Captain Marvelous
  • Brohoof 2

I really like how they portrayed her personality. She was used to the traditions of 1000 years ago, acting all formal and commanding. I was expecting Luna to be a lot more timid, but now when I think about it some more, the way she acted made sense. She put on an outer mask of authority, but inside she was still struggling to fit in.

Overall it was a decent episode. The one thing I didn't like though was that after all that trouble, Luna eventually related to the children by scaring them.

Edited by Bon Bon
  • Brohoof 2

Make a tasty stew

chicken?

I will go with chicken.

I really like how they portrayed her personality. She was used to the traditions of 1000 years ago, acting all formal and commanding. I was expecting Luna to be a lot more timid, but now when I think about it some more, the way she acted made sense. She put on an outer mask of authority, but inside she was still struggling to fit in.

Overall it was a decent episode. The one thing I didn't like though was that after all that trouble, Luna eventually related to the children by scaring them.

It Was A Halloween Episode After All, Besides Luna My Turn Out More Modern Like In Later Episode(s) I Really Hope So She`s 2 Sexy!!!

Make a tasty stew

chicken?

Yea, A Permit....

The characterisation of Luna was a masterstroke in my opinion. They were dead right to stay away from the fandom version, as this Luna really fits the whole Nightmare Moon story. She's got the authority and up-front confidence which you would expect of a royal figure. However, in the background there is an insecurity and a genuine desire to be accepted, and her aggressive reaction when this does not happen links perfectly with her past transition to Nightmare Moon. Her difficulty in adjusting to a world she has returned to after a thousand years is completely believable. Her archaic language and adherance to traditions that have no doubt evolved beyond her recognition was a great way of demonstrating this (though you'd have thought Celestia would have given her a few pointers as to modern protocol - the Trollestia fans will have fun with this... Posted Image ). Anyway, before I totally over-think this, the episode had some really great moments. Chicken Pinkie was crazily awesome (though I think they missed a trick in not giving that costume to Scootaloo...indeed I'm surprised they didn't make use of the CMC in this episode). Yes, Pinkie didn't exactly help things, but then again she did provide the solution in the end. Zecora was pretty badass as a Children's entertainer... Spike going for a dragon costume was a thing of genius Posted Image Pipsqueak the Brit(?) pony was quite cute, I'm assuming he'll be a permanent addition to the cast as he had a fairly significant speaking role in this ep. And I'm sure that was Dinky in the firefighter costume...yay! Great episode all in all. After the (admittedly very enjoyable) craziness of the last one it was nice to get a more character driven episode.

• Brohoof 1

The characterisation of Luna was a masterstroke in my opinion. They were dead right to stay away from the fandom version, as this Luna really fits the whole Nightmare Moon story. She's got the authority and up-front confidence which you would expect of a royal figure. However, in the background there is an insecurity and a genuine desire to be accepted, and her aggressive reaction when this does not happen links perfectly with her past transition to Nightmare Moon. Her difficulty in adjusting to a world she has returned to after a thousand years is completely believable. Her archaic language and adherance to traditions that have no doubt evolved beyond her recognition was a great way of demonstrating this (though you'd have thought Celestia would have given her a few pointers as to modern protocol - the Trollestia fans will have fun with this... Posted Image ). Anyway, before I totally over-think this, the episode had some really great moments. Chicken Pinkie was crazily awesome (though I think they missed a trick in not giving that costume to Scootaloo...indeed I'm surprised they didn't make use of the CMC in this episode). Yes, Pinkie didn't exactly help things, but then again she did provide the solution in the end. Zecora was pretty badass as a Children's entertainer... Spike going for a dragon costume was a thing of genius Posted Image Pipsqueak the Brit(?) pony was quite cute, I'm assuming he'll be a permanent addition to the cast as he had a fairly significant speaking role in this ep. And I'm sure that was Dinky in the firefighter costume...yay! Great episode all in all. After the (admittedly very enjoyable) craziness of the last one it was nice to get a more character driven episode.

O_O

TL;DR

My sentiments exactly. I quite enjoyed the episode. :)