PrincessLuna

74 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

The characterisation of Luna was a masterstroke in my opinion. They were dead right to stay away from the fandom version, as this Luna really fits the whole Nightmare Moon story. She's got the authority and up-front confidence which you would expect of a royal figure. However, in the background there is an insecurity and a genuine desire to be accepted, and her aggressive reaction when this does not happen links perfectly with her past transition to Nightmare Moon. Her difficulty in adjusting to a world she has returned to after a thousand years is completely believable. Her archaic language and adherance to traditions that have no doubt evolved beyond her recognition was a great way of demonstrating this (though you'd have thought Celestia would have given her a few pointers as to modern protocol - the Trollestia fans will have fun with this... Posted Image ). Anyway, before I totally over-think this, the episode had some really great moments. Chicken Pinkie was crazily awesome (though I think they missed a trick in not giving that costume to Scootaloo...indeed I'm surprised they didn't make use of the CMC in this episode). Yes, Pinkie didn't exactly help things, but then again she did provide the solution in the end. Zecora was pretty badass as a Children's entertainer... Spike going for a dragon costume was a thing of genius Posted Image Pipsqueak the Brit(?) pony was quite cute, I'm assuming he'll be a permanent addition to the cast as he had a fairly significant speaking role in this ep. And I'm sure that was Dinky in the firefighter costume...yay! Great episode all in all. After the (admittedly very enjoyable) craziness of the last one it was nice to get a more character driven episode.

If you're going to write a ton, make it into multiple paragraphs and stuff. Makes it easier to read, at least imo.

[EDIT] Ugh, sorry about that. My computer is screwing around, trying to mess up my posting. Not to mention I got ninja'd.

Edited by Bon Bon

If you're going to write a ton, make it into multiple paragraphs and stuff. Doesn't sound like much, but it makes it easier to read (at least imo).

I rather enjoyed reading that wall of text. I agree with you janglehooves on how they characterized Luna. She didn't seem as sad and depressed as the fandom makes her yet she still felt out of place. I think it works better that way because the show is overall meant to be cheerful and fun. Also, though they didn't put Scootaloo in a chicken costume it was still nice to see Colgate as a dentist and Derpy as a... paper bag?

figured... though she referred to herself as we.

the creatures of the night.

Twilight: "We?"

Luna: Why yes *looks behind her* you doing alright back there Slendermane?

Slendermane: I'm A-okay

She could also mean her knights that came with her.

Well, I don't know about you guys, but by far the best charactor in this episode was none other then

DERPY! I mean, her costume was amazing, and her speaking roles and her importance to the plot? A stroke of brilliance. I salute you Derpy, may you continue your quest to those apples... And our hearts.

Oh yeah, and Twi's Trixie costume was good, but not fresh-prince good.

• Brohoof 1

Well now, that episode certainly did not play out how I thought it would.

I expected Luna to be all sweet and innocent but that actually was quite the twist. I liked it though.

My favorite parts of the episode:

• Fluttershy slamming into the door (So lolworthy)
  • Derpy popping out of the bobbing apples thing and somehow draining the liquid. I almost expected her to go with it. xD
  • At the end and Luna having fun with everypony, especially the bobbing apples part and when she scared Rainbow Dash.

The look on her face when she got Rainbow and jumped out of the bobbing apples was priceless. Man I love this series.

I gotta admit though, it was almost hard to watch the episode seeing how imperious Luna was at first and how much work she had to do. I facepalmed like five times throughout the whole episode because of her screw-ups.

• Brohoof 2

Well, I don't know about you guys, but by far the best charactor in this episode was none other then

DERPY! I mean, her costume was amazing, and her speaking roles and her importance to the plot? A stroke of brilliance. I salute you Derpy, may you continue your quest to those apples... And our hearts.

Oh yeah, and Twi's Trixie costume was good, but not fresh-prince good.

Derpy, the war hero.

I just saw the episode on Youtube. I like this Luna. When she was princess 1000 years ago, she needed to show her power and authority. Now, Celestia is loved, not feared. Luna doesn't know what to do.

I think that when Luna says "We", she speaks with the royal authority of the Pony Sisters. She has regained her power as an alicorn. I guess that she needed to recover her strength after season 1 episode 2.

I missed Lyra, Scootaloo, and Apple Bloom. Thanks for the pictures. Apple Bloom looks more like the Bride of Frankenstein than a zombie. (I wonder if this means they have movies in Equestria?)

I liked how they explained why Nightmare Night is celebrated. Instead of fearing ghosts come back, they fear Nightmare Moon. I wonder what Luna thought after Celestia told her?

Also, I wonder what happened with Luna and Celestia after Luna came back from Nightmare Night.

Celestia walks to Luna's room and finds the door locked. "Luna, how was Nightmare Night? Did you have a good time?" She opens the door. A tidal wave of candy pours out. "My candy! It is my royal tribute!"

Slendermane likes the Halloween episode.

• Brohoof 3

I think that when Luna says "We", she speaks with the royal authority of the Pony Sisters.

Exactly what I took from it.

Didn't Luna say that they were required to use "We" because of the royal authority they represented and implied "We" itself represented the royalty itself rather than who it was?

I am starting to think everypony is thinking about this too hard ._.

I loved almost everything about this episode. The characterizations were great, including Luna. It was funny and seeing all of the costumes was entertaining.

The conclusion felt kind of weak though. Luna didn't really do anything different during the middle and during the end, she just kind of got lucky that Pipsqueak decided to come over and compliment her. If he hadn't done that, she would have gone along thinking that she was hated just as before. So it was just kind of dumb luck that resolved the plot. It's made more obvious because Twilight acted like she had a plan, but unless she told Pip to talk to Luna, then she didn't actually do much of anything. Additionally, if the resolution was purely the realization that people were having fun with Luna's scariness, then Pinkie already revealed that, making Pip's scene kind of redundant.

That's just my nitpick for this otherwise great ep, though I hope these narrative stumbles aren't going to be made into a habit. I felt Return of Harmony was also anticlimactic.

Edited by Emperor_Z