Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What percentage of MLP Forum members do you think are active?

Sweet Dreams

What percentage of forum members are active?  

71 users have voted

1. 1. What percentage?

• Around 80%
    • Around 50%
    • Around 30%
    • Lower than 20%

We know this wonderful forum's numbers are pushing up to 20000, but that's got me wondering... How many (or what percentage) of those members still come onto the site regularly? By which I mean, at least 2 or 3 times a month at the lowest? Discuss. :)

• Brohoof 3

I'm gonna say less than 20%. Last year or so I checked the member list (cause I had a few minutes to kill) and the majority of them had either five or less posts after two or three months or just made an account and then never posted. Not to mention all the people that left for good in the last few months or so with all the drama floating around. 

Maybe some 20-25% :huh: I mean not everyone has the time to come on alot and everyday. What with school and work and all. I myself try to stay active and reply to topics because I just plain love it here ^_^

I'm guessing around 30%, often around 400 members online at once so I'm guessing around 2000 members a day but of course regularly would probably mean at least once a week if so then 30% if only per day then maybe around 15%. Of course it's understandable so it's no big deal if it's around 30% since the forums are still active.

Hmm I want to say around 50%. I'm here every day and notice some topics getting replied to. It seems this place is active a good bit. Not very often, but sometimes.

What you find is that If you go to the same place you see the same faces and that people don't have the time to go the entire forum.

But I reckon 50% is a good number. I know I often have to go on a few weeks break for uni work and stuff!

I'll say around 25% so I will pick 30%, though it really depends on what you mean with active. If active is going on the forums at least 5 days a week it's less than 20%. If it counts with going on the forums every once in a while it's around 30%.

Now the site has 18 400 members. around 20% would mean around 3500 people.  around 30% would be something like 6000 people. I think 6000 sounds a bit too much. 25% would mean almost 4500 people, which to me sounds spot on. If you mean users who still uses their account at all. Users who are active a couple of times a week would be... Maybe 2000 people which is around 11%

Well Jokuc just pretty much "mathed it up". But I'd still say less than 20% of users actually post considering most of the members I see have just a couple random posts here and there.

Granted my observations probably don't count for diddly. :lol:

This forum would be a helluva crowded place if we really see 4000 unique visitors daily.

This site got roughly 2000 post counts each day (discounting posts that are made in non-post count area), and a whole bunch are made by a few dozens of very active users. I would say there are around 300-500 active posters

There are about 18'000 members currently...so 50% is pretty much out of the question. Id say around 25% MAYBE... I mean even  having a 2 thousand members active in a day is pretty impressive. As for the MOST active, Id say probably about a four hundred or so people are on every day.

• 4 years later...

I would say maybe 5% of the total accounts on the site are what I would term active if I want to be generous... which is a pretty good number considering we have a lot of accounts. Realistically it is probably around 2-3%... but it also comes down to an individual definition of active and could even be lower than that.

It seems there is a lot of activity, but a good percentage of it is probably from a smaller number of very active members rather than a zillion ponies all making a post a day. Even so, I see a lot of ponies show up after long absences and get very active again, and lots of new members all the time. It's a nice healthy forum considering we have lots of old faces and lots of new ones as well. 

(edited)

I took a break away from the forums for about a year and I know others have done the same. Most the people I knew before are now inactive, and the debate pit where I mostly hung out has definately slowed down but I think that's a result of the 2016 US Presidential Election since areas of the debate all across the internet seemed to become toxic for a solid month afterwards and that was along enough to discourage people from returning. Not sure how much that was the case for here though.

I'm seeing plenty of regulars, there's still people joining everyday, plenty of new topics in general discussion I think, and the number of members since the original post has doubled from nearly 20,000 to nearly 40,000 after 5 years. Average that at 4,000 new members per year and that also being about the number for most members online at once I think this is still a very healthy community.

I think things have possibly gone a little stale but maybe that's due to redirection to old topics like this one and seeing the same people over and over again in threads which become more of a dialogue rather than an open discussion after a while. But also, 5 years and this isn't more than a page long yet? Maybe people are just digging through a mountain of topics with few responses to find something that hasn't been touched by anyone they know.

In the end, I think a minimum of 30% is active and the enough members are coming and going to maintain that.

Edited by SharpWit
  • Brohoof 1