Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You "Look" Like Your Personality?

~Master~ Button Mash

• 3 months later...

I don't know. No one really has commented on my looks or my personality other than "you are too shy and quiet". But that happened long ago, maybe things have changed. Anyways, I would say I look welcoming at first and even pretty, with style, but the more you know me and realize that I'm not how I look like it starts to shift into a like a crazy person look, not crazy overthetop but crazy like "I can't understand you and that's unsettling" crazy. I know because people start to grimace at me or put on worry eyebrows without realizing they are doing so.

Edited by Ittoni

This is an interesting question, because it really depends on HOW your dressed WHEN someone sees you. 

I am a man, but I like to wear clothes that is created with women in mind, so someone might see me and think "oh he's gay" and might think I will act like "a gay person acts" whatever that even means. But when I dress "masculine conforming" then idk then, especially because my voice is very deep and I speak somewhat "hood" so I don't think anyone thinks "he's gay" then, as people have told heteronomative jokes to me before assuming I was down so there's that. 

I would say I am slightly "hood," like very very slightly. I would consider myself to be a very friendly, outgoing, and nice person and would hope to appear that way. I never heard anyone say I look mean XD. My friends have told me before I'm like a cool surfer model type dude ahaha but like def. would say it's the deep voice and the long hair that contribute to that. 

I personally not sure what personality I reflect when I walk around in public at any point in time, but I would hope people see me approaching them and begin speaking to them and think to themselves, "this is a nice, interesting guy and I want to get to know him more." 

• Brohoof 2

Oh, good gravy, this is a great topic.  No, my appearance doesn't match my personality whatsoever, and it's a source of great anguish and misery for me.  Firstly, I wish I had been born female, but I wasn't, so there's that.  Secondly, my personality is very much like Rarity's in many ways, and yet I look like Dr. House.  I have a cold scowl that's permanently etched into my face.  I'm so self-conscious about my appearance that it completely stifles my personality to the point where I really don't express it at all.  Truthfully, I wouldn't even know how:(

Hmm... Yes and no, hard to decide really.

Based on how others have acted and treated me in real life, I'd say my physical appearance makes me look confident and manly/"alpha", very capable and self-reliant.
In reality though... Yes and no? There are plenty of time where I take charge, do what it takes to learn skills or be wherever I want to be in life. But other times, I don't want to be in the leadership position, or would rather do things with other people than go solo. It can often lead people to disappointment when people expect me to know how to do something, and I clearly don't, and I end up making the situation awkward instead. It's not my fault you looked at me and assumed what I can and cannot do. So there is a disconnect between my looks and who I really am, but I'd say it's not an extreme disconnect.

Heck, in real life, I don't always talk as smoothly as I do on the internet. There are times when I can't find the right word or can't phrase what I'm trying to say. :please: People might expect me to be a smooth talker based on physical appearance, but that's not always true.

I think it's mostly my facial features that are the problem. I've been known to have either a neutral or slightly scowling face by default, and that face doesn't always match what I feel inside. I wasn't always super expressive as a kid, and I never developed resting smile face or anything. I am glad the internet lets me show more of my inner personality besides what I may physically look like, but I am trying to compensate in real life too. I've taken an invested interest in what I wear and how that presents me to others. I've tried different hairstyles and different ways to groom my facial hair. (I find it's better to go for a look that is half casual, half formal. That way, I can play it up or down in either direction.)

Sometimes, I never know where my looks will get me. :twismile: I've got plenty of stories of how I either failed to hang out with a group that matched my nerdy interests in life, or how I've attracted people that I didn't actually want to hang out with at all. 

• 2 years later...
(edited)

kinda?? i’m really short (five feet and a half, i’m very ashamed of it. i wear boots that make me about five feet two inches though) and just kinda “goofy looking” (like you’d know i’m a goof just by looking). but i do have an rbf, so i worry people won’t think i’m approachable :blush: 

Edited by brony_bonk

I really don't think so, I think ppl like to imagine the worst version of someone they don't like, or that they inherently disagree with, and my body language speaks carefree, but my attitude is what creates these kind of disagreements and I guess ultimately unnecessary conflicts that I could avoid simply by ignoring or rising above the drama. I can be a diva, but I definitely got the, 6ft plus, broad shouldered man thing going, and ppl put that with my personality and create this imaginary idea of who I'm trying to be, rather than on the surface accepting traits for what they are inherently. Ive had some run ins in the past and have been tasked with things most ordinary ppl wouldn't want to invest their time or effort in, this leads other grown men "counterparts" to be EXTREMELY insecure about me, bc they don't want to believe someone that "girly" has more masculine capabilities than them.