Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you feel comfortable singing in front of others?

Sweet Dreams

174 users have voted

1. 1. How confident are you singing in front of people?

• Very confident! I don't care what they think.
    • Sorta confident, I don't mind singing in front of them but I do get a little nervous...
    • Not at all! I get so scared!

I get nervous about performing in front of people and i'd just hate to sing :(

But i'm fine doing ridiculous things in front of a group of 5 or so friends but even if i'm performing in front of my friends i still cant do it.

That's weird i think :huh:

Oh goodness no! I find singing to myself to be very embarrassing and difficult to do, so there is no way on Earth I would ever sing in front of anyone. There is so much pressure on me that it is impossible. I'd probably suffer from a heart attack if I attempted to sing in front of people. :P

Edited by SmartyPants

To be honest, I really like singing in front of others.

But it depends on the second that I have to sing, because on some songs (mostly the ones I don't like or the ones that sound a bit off...) I get too shy and I directly won't sing as far as I am not alone singing.

Edited by Electroball

I sing loud and proud like I just don't care. Apparently I'm pretty good because people keep shouting so I guess they're cheering for me. I usually can't hear what they're saying above my voice but sometimes I make out things like "What is that?" and "Please no!" So I guess I'm going to start a band.

• Brohoof 2

In front of select friends, yes. In front of practically anyone else, no. People say I'm a good singer and I can hit any pitch, no matter how high or low, but I think I'm terrible at it. 

• Brohoof 1

I sometimes sing "So many wonders" while i'm out walking my dogs and I think i'm alone. Though i can bet some people out of line of sight get to hear my flutterguy song and wonder what the hell is that. XD

Edited by Malinter

I and my friends sings all the time, it never gets embarrasing becouse we sing stupid songs...

Sort of drunk ish during the night all mad of sugar rush.  :D

But then I am back to what is left of a mind, I perfer to not.

I could not care less about what people think of me anyway, most people dislike me enough already. xD

No, I hate singing in front of others. And the worst part is, in three days I have to sing in front of 30 people for some damn music assessment! I hate the music subject. It always pressures you into performing, which I cannot do. Good thing I can ditch that subject in a few months.

When it comes to singing I can imitate some voices like Frank Sinatra so if I had to perform I could. Also I can sing trololol song, so I guess I could but the problem is I could never do it in front of others unless I would get at least paid for it. So I don't think I would feel comfortable doing it, I might feel more comfortable as I am doing it but definitely not when I would just be beginning to sing.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

I do.  A larger crowd actually makes the performance easier for me.  When I'm playing for a smaller audience I am always nervous at the beginning, but then it becomes easier as it goes on.  I love singing live and want to do more.  It's really fun!  I just sang and played a cover of The Middle and All the Small Things at my school's talent show this last week.  

Nope, not at all. The only person I willingly sing in front of is my little sister, but I don't know if that is really singing as I jokingly sing, and don't really put any effort into it. I'm extremely shy about singing in front of people, and I only sing when I know for sure that I am home alone.

• Brohoof 3

Well, it's great that you ask! :)

Last year was suprising for me; we had to present a french artist (singer), and read the lyrics in front of the class, and a few other things. But I simply couldn't remember those lyrics, at all!

So when they started doing these orals, I just asked to pass 2nd. Pretty surprising, I'm usually procrastinating. Then the first girl pass, she read the lyrics and everything. But now it's my turn; knowing that I just can't remember the lyrics when talking, I decided to sing it. I did it perfectly, everyone was astonished because I'm usually the very shy guy, and I loved it!

So I hope I get more occasions to sing in the future, maybe I'll take some singing lessons.

no :/ i've never had any training nor practice, so i'm probably pretty bad haha. i like to sing in the shower or in the car, but i wouldn't dare sing where someone could hear me. oh.. that reminds me, once in one of my high school english classes i was forced to sing in front of the class and i felt really awkward afterward :/ people clapped, but that was pretty much obligatory.