Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you feel comfortable singing in front of others?

Sweet Dreams

174 users have voted

1. 1. How confident are you singing in front of people?

• Very confident! I don't care what they think.
    • Sorta confident, I don't mind singing in front of them but I do get a little nervous...
    • Not at all! I get so scared!

Nope, not at all. The only person I willingly sing in front of is my little sister, but I don't know if that is really singing as I jokingly sing, and don't really put any effort into it. I'm extremely shy about singing in front of people, and I only sing when I know for sure that I am home alone.

Right there. I'm not bad when I put my heart into it but I'm not really good either. Just so-so. I never sing in front of anyone though. Everyone I know IRL is hyper critical, so I just enjoy singing at home by myself.  :)

• Brohoof 2

I feel embarrassed singing on my own, let alone other people! Apparently it isn't bad at all, or so people tell me.

I have no problem with public speaking, but singing is out of the question!!

Though, a few drinks later may or may not change my answer! ^^

• Brohoof 1

I'm weird. If I sing in a group, I'm totally fine. But I would never sing alone in front of others O_O

It's a shame, I love singing to my favourite music :)

Sure, but that doesn't change the fact that I sing terribly.  :P

It depends on the people and the song, but I'm usually not scared to sing (that doesn't mean that I'll sing very often, though ^^; ).

• 1 month later...

I would be this comfortable. :fluttershy:

6vHBibu.gif

I know my singing is bad enough when I'm alone; singing in front of somebody would be torture for me... and them.  :P

• Brohoof 1

For someone being in chorus all my life I still cannot sing in front of people unless it is in a large group of people. I have the most horrible stage freight ever. I can't even audition for major chorus events becasue I get scared of singing in front of my chorus director/conductor.  :blush:

I don't feel comfortable singing in front of people. The only person I ever sing with is my sister. She likes to sing with me and I often sing her a song before she goes to bed :)

I'm no bad singer, but my issue is choking up or going into a panic attack when attempting to perform in front of an audience. :'( I always wanted to perform but my social anxiety gets the best of me. Ugh...

I get very nervous and afraid to sing in front of others, especially singing in front of my friends. I sometimes have trouble remembering lyrics to a song and I'm sometimes afraid I'll mess up a lyric and make a fool out of myself. I tried to make a goal to be more confident in everything I do and I went to a convention in the beginning of the year. I remember singing a song in their karaoke room and I was extremely nervous and felt weak in the knees after singing to a crowd. But it felt fun and even if I might still be nervous, I wouldn't mind trying again and singing more to others  :).

Not at all X3 I am afraid just to talk in front of other people, so singing something in front of them would kill me. Even family in front of family :P.

Slowly and slowly, I am building up my confidence because I realized that I have a wonderful Baritone voice. So I want to warm it up much more often.

I already sing with the choirs at my church, so that's a start. :)

HAHAHA.  No.  I can't sing well at all.  Most of the time, I'm not even comfortable singing to myself because I'm so bad it's unpleasant.

There is an exception; I'm very comfortable singing to doctors when I recover from general anesthesia.

• Brohoof 1