Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you feel comfortable singing in front of others?

Sweet Dreams

174 users have voted

1. 1. How confident are you singing in front of people?

• Very confident! I don't care what they think.
    • Sorta confident, I don't mind singing in front of them but I do get a little nervous...
    • Not at all! I get so scared!

It depends. If I'm with friends I sing different songs all the time. No shame.

If I were supposed to sing on a stage for people (which I never have) I'd probably get a little bit nervous.

But the worst thing ever... Is when you sing loud cause you think that no one is around......and then someone walks in......and mentions your singing..... :unsure:

• 1 year later...

Well I get kinda nervous. I don't mind singing in front of my friends; it's just I dislike how my voice sounds when I sing. I can't do high notes at all so my voice cracks.

Only if I am singing with someone else. Even then large groups are still a no-go, unless it is with multiple people. Social anxiety is enough to do that, but I also don't think my singing abilities are worth mentioning.

I don't think I have a good singing voice, at all.

Even if I did, if it's a large group then the answer would still be no. I don't want to have even worse stage fright than I already have.

Utterly. Don't get many opportunities to, after all, I'm very much an introvert so it's not like I've been to many karaoke clubs or parties with Rock Band. Still though, I have a good singing voice.

Not especially.  Sometimes I'll break into song within earshot of my mom, but I'm usually not taking it seriously.  She asks me to perform part of "Blurred Lines" from time to time lol, and I've had a habit in the past of busting out my awful Tom Jones impersonation.  I've also put my singing up on Youtube, but that's nothing like performing live for an audience.

God no, I would never sing. Not that I have stage freight or anything, I just don't like to sing. I can easily address a crowd for a performance, or public speaking and such, but singing? Not my bag.

I get nervous about performing in front of people and i'd just hate to sing :(

But i'm fine doing ridiculous things in front of a group of 5 or so friends but even if i'm performing in front of my friends i still cant do it.

That's weird i think :huh:

That's exactly the way I am! Earlier today I sang "Dancing Queen" with a few of my friends, but there's no way I'd sing in a non-joking way around someone because I'd be too embarrassed.

I have a deep, bass voice. I don't like singing so much because my vocal range is quite deep and as i try to sing on higher tones i choke. It's no big deal when i'm alone or messing around with friends but i'd rather not make too much of a fool of myself if at all possible.

I don't like singing in front of others. I don't even sing in front of my best friends. Sometimes I might sing in front of my family, but I feel really nervous about it. I think I have a good singing voice, but I just don't like to sing in front of others, haha. I made a singing Youtube channel to try to get rid of this fear.

It's always been a little weird. When I used to act I never got nervous...it was sort of this.weird I'm not me I'm the character so it's not me these people are watching, and I'd be fine. But I've done open mic a few times..and man that was super anxiety inducing. Especially because the first time everyone was being really rude. The second time I went somewhere else and everyone was very supportive and impressed. That always helps.  I need to get out there more though...

I have a deep, bass voice. I don't like singing so much because my vocal range is quite deep and as i try to sing on higher tones i choke. It's no big deal when i'm alone or messing around with friends but i'd rather not make too much of a fool of myself if at all possible.

Oh man that's my problem too. I have a really low voice for a girl and I'm not good at singing harmony..so choir was tough lol. I can't sing gir songs very well which is annoying because I am a girl. But whatever sex you are it's difficult when you sing on the low spectrum isn't it? There isn't much you can actually sing..I used to have a much fully range. A music teacher ruined it actually, he refused to help me stabalize my upper range..he didn't think it was worth it. I used to be able to sing like Kristin Chenoweth. I'm never going to forgive him for that.

Honestly, it depends on my mood, and how much alcohol is in my system. I know I'm a terrible singer, but if I'm in a full don't give a damn mood, then I'm gonna belt out songs at the top of my lungs. 

It's always been a little weird. When I used to act I never got nervous...it was sort of this.weird I'm not me I'm the character so it's not me these people are watching, and I'd be fine. But I've done open mic a few times..and man that was super anxiety inducing. Especially because the first time everyone was being really rude. The second time I went somewhere else and everyone was very supportive and impressed. That always helps.  I need to get out there more though...

Oh man that's my problem too. I have a really low voice for a girl and I'm not good at singing harmony..so choir was tough lol. I can't sing gir songs very well which is annoying because I am a girl. But whatever sex you are it's difficult when you sing on the low spectrum isn't it? There isn't much you can actually sing..I used to have a much fully range. A music teacher ruined it actually, he refused to help me stabalize my upper range..he didn't think it was worth it. I used to be able to sing like Kristin Chenoweth. I'm never going to forgive him for that.

Well, i never was much of a singer. I'm a guy, and i don't know how it is for girls with lower ranges, but i suppose that when life gives you lemons...

anyway, my voice is better for growling at people. Singing? Usually not.

No, not at all! -- I'm not a good singer. If I had the choice between singing in front of a hundred people or giving an unprepared speech in front of a hundred people, I'd choose the latter in a heartbeat. :P

Edited by RainbowJaxs16
  • Brohoof 2