Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First time drawing my oc. (Unpolished)

Valentina Crush

Here she is! Valentina Crush! I've got a better quality piece in the works at the moment but I'm not unhappy with this one considering I did it a bit hurriedly in the early morning hours with sleepy eyes and apparently sleepy hooves. I hope you don't mind my posting this, it makes me feel a little presumptuous, but I also wanted to be able to contribute something! I love it here already post-22830-0-29803200-1386109914_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 10

that's very good what program do you use to draw it?

I drew he line work with pencil and paper as I always do, then colored it digitally using the paint feature on a website called ipiccy. I think I'm going to try gimp on my next one though. Thank you!

You shouldn't feel presumptuous for posting fan art. That's what the section is there for! Just feel pride for a good piece. If thats what you can do when you're tired, I'd love to see the remake you do when you're awake. Very good work!

Well if it wouldn't be unwelcome I plan on posting often in this section, so I'm sure you'll be able to see just that very soon! Thank you soon much!

@@Valentina Crush,

I'm not sure if it is intentional, but her wings feel too small and her legs too long...

Other than that, it's great! :D

The long legs were intentional yes but the wings are too small because they were an afterthought, I forgot to include them in the original line work. Also I did the entire piece in like an hour at 3 am, if that's any excuse :lol: thank you for the honest feedback, I really appreciate it!
  • Brohoof 1

@nightmarecadence that critique is helpful, though the legs and body are a style choice since I wasn't really going for the look of the art featured in the show. Still I will definitely take your comments, especially the bit about the neck, and use them to work on my art in the future. Thank you!

• Brohoof 2

@@Valentina Crush, I understand that you wanted long legs, it just seems that the legs are a bit too long, even for that body style. Try cutting it down a few millimeters and you should be fine.

MLPForums, Y U no let me brohoof multiple times? XD

Totally agreed. I didn't mean to disagree with your point I just wanted th extremity of my mistake to be understood I'm context to the style I was aiming for. Thank you for the advice! It's great to get perspectives from others, it's basically the reason I posted this in the first place.
  • Brohoof 2