Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Preparing for hearts and hooves day early this year

Valentina Crush

WOW.

This is really good. I wish I could do anything close to that in any media form! I really enjoy your style, it's very endearing. :)

Just curious though, what program did you make this on?

• Brohoof 1

Jeebus. So it essentially took you an hour while actually knowing what you were doing?

(That's amazeballs)

Weird, this pony reminds me a lot of my sister... I love it! :wub:

WOW.

This is really good. I wish I could do anything close to that in any media form! I really enjoy your style, it's very endearing. :)

Just curious though, what program did you make this on?

nothing special haha just gimp. I had a very very very hard time figuring out layers >___>

And thank you!

I love her red silky mane. <3

Cute! i really love how you draw her. :D

Thank you so much! 

Jeebus. So it essentially took you an hour while actually knowing what you were doing?

(That's amazeballs)

Weird, this pony reminds me a lot of my sister... I love it! :wub:

Aw that's very sweet of you! I'm happy to hear you like it. Thank you!

• Brohoof 1

nothing special haha just gimp. I had a very very very hard time figuring out layers >___> And thank you!

I've tried to get into using Gimp, but I'm also not a great artist. Perhaps after I take a drawing class and maybe a drawing tablet I might have more luck. Or try on my actual tablet since I have a pretty good drawing program on it.

nothing special haha just gimp. I had a very very very hard time figuring out layers >___>

Gimp... I never could understand that program. I heard it was supposed to be "simpler" but after using Photoshop for so long it just felt like getting thrown into a Salsa dancing class when all I really wanted were some nachos. :unsure:

But hey, you've probably got it basically down now, right? So you're leagues ahead of me on the learning curve. Props! :lol:

Gimp, I don't think I've heard of it but from what I can see it looks like it can produce really good results! Your style is gorgeous and I absolutely love it. :squee:

I wanna try it out sometime now... After I figure out SAI, which for me is like trying to figure out how Pinkie Pie does what the Pinkie Pie do. Using only Photoshop for so long does that.

Gimp, I don't think I've heard of it but from what I can see it looks like it can produce really good results! Your style is gorgeous and I absolutely love it. :squee:

I wanna try it out sometime now... After I figure out SAI, which for me is like trying to figure out how Pinkie Pie does what the Pinkie Pie do. Using only Photoshop for so long does that.

I'm really happy you think highly of it! Truth be told I never draw digitially- its my weakness. I just cannot use a tablet to draw. (I don't use a tablet at all actually) I draw the line art on a piece of paper, scan it, then color it in/tweak it digitally. My hands always get really sore though, because I don't use a mouse or a tablet, just the little track pad thing. ;__; I've always wanted to try SAI but last time I did it scared me off with my having no clue what to do. 

Gimp... I never could understand that program. I heard it was supposed to be "simpler" but after using Photoshop for so long it just felt like getting thrown into a Salsa dancing class when all I really wanted were some nachos. :unsure:

But hey, you've probably got it basically down now, right? So you're leagues ahead of me on the learning curve. Props! :lol:

Well thank you! and yeah I think I get the gist of it now- so I hope to be able to knock another piece or two out today if I don't write some fanfic instead.

I've tried to get into using Gimp, but I'm also not a great artist. Perhaps after I take a drawing class and maybe a drawing tablet I might have more luck. Or try on my actual tablet since I have a pretty good drawing program on it.

Don't be too hard on yourself, I don't even think I'm a great artist and I have been classically trained in old masters style oil painting for like 12 years now. (I'm 19 years old so it feels like my whole life.) It just takes a lot of practice, mostly in being able to see things for how they look and not what they are if that makes sense. Also I cant draw on a tablet to save my life, I do all my linework on paper. 

I've used GIMP aswell, and this is quite amazingly done. I assume this was done with a tablet? 

This is really nice and well done, The quality is a bit blury for somereason, but overall i really like the art :D.

Good job! keep up the great work :).

I've used GIMP aswell, and this is quite amazingly done. I assume this was done with a tablet? 

This is really nice and well done, The quality is a bit blury for somereason, but overall i really like the art :D.

Good job! keep up the great work :).

I drew the linework with pencil and paper, scanned it, then colored it using the track pad on my laptop (I cant find my tablet)

Awesome! :D when its valntines day could she do valnite cards for my pony for my boyfriends oc too? my oc is light fire in my webcam in my deviantart and shes not the oc strawberry sunshine that is my icon.

Sure thing, just remind me when it gets closer.

• Brohoof 1