Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you react if one of the ponies used the word 'buck' like we use it?

Skullbuster

Freeze in disbelief as the formerly innocent Equestria I grew to love began tearing itself to shreds.

But we all know that's not going to happen! Right everypony?

Right everypony?

...Everypony?

This is exactly what I am aiming for! I want to replace all of my curse words, if I do use them, with ponified versions in order to safety zone them. Too bad I haven't been getting into the habit...

If I were to see someone say it, I would be ask if the person was a brony, and then HOPEFULLY we would have a good conversation.

(edited)

They had complaints just for having a clumsy character, it probably will not happen...

Edited by Groo
  • Brohoof 2

I would be amused but think it a little strange and perhaps damaging to the show's credibility; but not in my eyes, just to the general public. I've personally always found it incredibly...silly to be offended by phonic sounds.

Ponies aren't allowed to express their anger in expletives? C'mon, give em a break :P Bottling up your anger without letting it out causes mental stress...and mental stress leads to insanity...and that leads to...CUPCAKES!

I would think it was funny and then die inside knowing someone would complain. They should make Samuel L. Jackson pony say that.

"ENGLISH, APPLEBUCKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT?"

• Brohoof 11

My jaw might drop in amusement. They'd really have to find an inventive way to slip that by the censors.

I would wait for the hate mail to come in to the writer of the episode, and for it to be changed to something else.

After the Derpy outcry, we all know that's how it would play out.

• Brohoof 4

I think I would take the nearest object and hold it up so I could drop it in a dramatic fashion. Then I might do the same with my glasses, if I'm wearing them at the time.

I don't expect to see this at all, but as Pony Joe points out, it would certainly be railed against, because there's just no way they're going to get away with it. Everyone would spot it in a heartbeat. Really, the closest to hidden swearing we're going to get is the occasional use of horseapples and similar phrases.

• Brohoof 1