Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you automatically do before a fight?

Ninja Derpy

(edited)

What would you do before a fight? Do you stand still? Do you wipe your lips? What do you do? Personally, I squint my eyes a bit at them and rub my chin with my index finger while holding it with my thumb.

Edit (forgot this): And, I always carry a lighter, so everytime somepony will start a fight, I turn on my lighter. That scares them.

Edited by Kunoichi Derpina

I just stare them down until they chicken out. I never get into fights cuz I always make them run away XD

(edited)

I go to sleep

Because you fight in your dreams.

Like a boss.

I get ready to start biting people, grind my teeth a little because that's where I always start. Also tense up my fingers, feels good.

People REALLY freak out when you try to bite them. :huh:

...I have a secret urge to get into fights, but I need a good reason of course. I used to get in a LOT of fights when I was younger, protecting other younger kids from the older bullies. Hell the teachers even put down my "chivalrous nature" in my report card.

Weird thing to add.

Edited by FinalGamer
  • Brohoof 2

Wut fights have u been in?

All the schools I've went to have very strict anti-violence policies, so I never get into real fights.

(edited)

Yawn, crack my knuckles and trash talk the opponent, but not using insults, using true degrading statements. I can usually smartass my way out of a fight.

If it gets physical, I have 2 years of Tae Kwon Do to back me up.

I don't get into fights that often, because when I get angry, it's a hell of a sight.

Edited by Midnight
  • Brohoof 2

Yawn, crack my knuckles and trash talk the opponent, but not using insults, using true degrading statements. I can usually smartass my way out of a fight.

If it gets physical, I have 2 years of Tae Kwon Do to back me up.

I don't get into fights that often, because when I get angry, it's a hell of a sight.

Cool! I did like 5 years of Tae Kwon Do, that's awesome :D

What is this, a video game? If it's an real fight, you're not doing some childish "opening taunt" noise. This isn't Street Fighter.

I really have to wonder how many people in this thread have been in an actual fight.

• Brohoof 8

So it's one of those threads. Being a martial artist myself, I would try to stay away from fights, but if I ever do stumble my way into a street fight with some dumb ass tough guy who thinks he can beat me up because he has huge biceps, I would just give him a blank, unimpressed look and let me him get as cocky as he can be so he doesn't take the fight seriously and gets his flank whooped by me.

• Brohoof 1

What is this, a video game? If it's an real fight, you're not doing some childish "opening taunt" noise. This isn't Street Fighter.

I really have to wonder how many people in this thread have been in an actual fight.

I have and to be honest, yeah, you don't do taunting at the start. In fact, you don't do anything that even IMPLIES you're good at fighting.

It's always best to catch your foe off-guard by actually appearing to be inept, and then BOOM, bloody nose when they least expect it.

Course it takes a good while to even learn to fight proper in all the do's and don'ts.

So it's one of those threads. Being a martial artist myself, I would try to stay away from fights.

Like this. Yeah, half the time in a good martial art class, they teach you to NOT get into fights and avoid them whenever possible, or at best, disarm/disable your opponent and just go.

Because hey, guess what, fighting's not something you wanna make a habit of. Much as some of us secretly desire to.

• Brohoof 1

I've never been in a real fight so I can't say that I have any sort of thing I do before one. I agree with Finalgamer though, if you are in a fight you don't want the enemy to know you are powerful. Let them fall into a false sense of security, let them throw the punches and dodge them (if it is a fist fight, if they have a gun or knife then disarm them or take them out quickly) then when they are slipping up finish them off with something (I would personally go for a good kick to the knee if the person was being legitimately dangerous, that ought to stop them)

Disclaimer: I know nothing about fighting so don't listen to the gibberish above! :P

Otherwise I would generally try to avoid fights or somehow trick the person.

I wish I had stayed in Tae Kwon Do, it was awesome but my parents didn't want to pay for it anymore... D:

And, I always carry a lighter, so everytime somepony will start a fight, I turn on my lighter. That scares them.

Er. Lighters scare people? I honestly can't see what good it would do, apart from getting knocked out of your hand pretty quick.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
I press; → A B START to get invincibility. I suck at fighting games and cannot win without cheats. Edited by Tom The Diamond
  • Brohoof 4

I always save just before boss fights. That way if I mess up I don't have to start the whole level from the start. B)

Yes I am aware that this topic isn't about video games ^^

I don't fight irl, I'm a pacifist :P

I've only had one fight... sorta, I got pissed off at him and tripped him up, and thankfully the guy thought I was joking (I wasn't) and he literally just pushed me aside and walked on (He was a big guy).... yay for being a small mass