Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you automatically do before a fight?

Ninja Derpy

Taunting helps a lot. By provoking your opponent, you will cloud the judgement of weaker opponents, and most likely have your foe initiate the first strike. Which is always good for me, I usually just block what they try to do until they get tired before I go in.

I tell Earl Hebner to ring the damn bell.

1. Find appropriate battle music.

2. Yell "STRIFE!"

Chances are, I'll never be in a fight, so this is just a dream of mine for now.

• Brohoof 1

If we're talking about video game battles? I save obsessively like Marshmallow. I usually also prepare my characters' equipment/tactics a little, but I mostly just jump into it to see how the boss fights at first. Then I usually get beaten once. And knowing its tactics, I go back in again and win.

For real life? I don't know... never gotten in a fight before. I think I'd stand there panicking on the inside and try to say as calmly as possible: "Okay, let's just get this over with..."

(edited)

First of all, this is in real fights.

Er. Lighters scare people? I honestly can't see what good it would do, apart from getting knocked out of your hand pretty quick.

Yes, because I (also) always have a can of spray paint. That is flammable. And fire hurts. Therefore they get scared. Edited by Kunoichi Derpina
  • Brohoof 1

1. Find appropriate battle music.

2. Yell "STRIFE!"

Chances are, I'll never be in a fight, so this is just a dream of mine for now.

Advance or a8scond!!!!!!!!

Ooh and lol, lighters are only remotely good for jump scares when you pop them. What's scary otherwise? "Awww, shit, guys; he's got a lighter so he must smoke copious amounts of pots! He's a hard dude! Drugs are scary!"

No.

I can just lite them aflame with my can of spray paint and my lighter....

Kunoichi, that's somewhat strange. There's no need to always walk around with improvised weaponry. When I think spray paint, I think graffiti or substance abuse... and not makeshift flamethrower. I have a five pound bag of coins I'm exchanging today, should I consider their viability as a weapon á la FFV's Gil Toss? While I'd be admittedly OP throwing that cash money at people, it's not the first thing that comes to mind.

Ooh, not to mention that I neglect you've tried this. It's really easy to smack something like that out of your hands before you get the flame out or even aim it.

I'm one to be saying that i fight for fun at tournaments with my karate group and i came home with about 4 1st place trophies my first tournament as a yellow belt. So what i would do personally is lead em on that you are not as good as they are then as they come in with any move you slide diagonally at the last second punch em in the rib cage sweep their foot from under them grab their arm shove em to the ground and walk away no serious damage done. If they have weapons what I would do is creasnt kick to the hand that holds the weapon and that should knock the weapon out of their hand pick up the weapon throw it away from the fight find a stick quickly that is around you (note:It must be a thick stick about a quarter sized one.) grab both hands break the wrist and walk away and that should enable them from pulling another weapon out and hurting you.

• Brohoof 1

wow you guys seem to get in an awful lot of fights considering you are bronies. I personally try to keep myself out of any discussion and fights, I consider myself a pacifist, and really havent been in a fight since sixth grade

What would you do before a fight? Do you stand still? Do you wipe your lips? What do you do? Personally, I squint my eyes a bit at them and rub my chin with my index finger while holding it with my thumb.

Edit (forgot this): And, I always carry a lighter, so everytime somepony will start a fight, I turn on my lighter. That scares them.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 7

Yes, because I (also) always have a can of spray paint. That is flammable. And fire hurts. Therefore they get scared.

Just so I can get this straight... you always, on your body, have a lighter and a can of spray paint. The lighter I could understand, if you were a smoker, but uh... spray paint? Really? =P

• Brohoof 3

Been a long time since I've had to be in a fight. Being somewhat intimidating is helpful in that regard... but I think if you have a set course of action prior to getting into fights, you get into fights too often.

But I guess if you want an actual answer, go for the throat. End the fight as quickly and decisively as possible.

(edited)

Kunoichi, that's somewhat strange. There's no need to always walk around with improvised weaponry. When I think spray paint, I think graffiti or substance abuse... and not makeshift flamethrower. I have a five pound bag of coins I'm exchanging today, should I consider their viability as a weapon á la FFV's Gil Toss? While I'd be admittedly OP throwing that cash money at people, it's not the first thing that comes to mind.

Ooh, not to mention that I neglect you've tried this. It's really easy to smack something like that out of your hands before you get the flame out or even aim it.

Just so I can get this straight... you always, on your body, have a lighter and a can of spray paint. The lighter I could understand, if you were a smoker, but uh... spray paint? Really? =P

Good point. I will just use a 9-inch long knife I always have in my jacket from now on.

I'm one to be saying that i fight for fun at tournaments with my karate group and i came home with about 4 1st place trophies my first tournament as a yellow belt. So what i would do personally is lead em on that you are not as good as they are then as they come in with any move you slide diagonally at the last second punch em in the rib cage sweep their foot from under them grab their arm shove em to the ground and walk away no serious damage done. If they have weapons what I would do is creasnt kick to the hand that holds the weapon and that should knock the weapon out of their hand pick up the weapon throw it away from the fight find a stick quickly that is around you (note:It must be a thick stick about a quarter sized one.) grab both hands break the wrist and walk away and that should enable them from pulling another weapon out and hurting you.

This is what you do before a fight. Not what you do in it. Edited by Kunoichi Derpina

Good point. I will just use a 9-inch long knife I always have in my jacket from now on.

This is what you do before a fight. Not what you do in it.

The knife isn't any less strange, Kunoichi. Not only does it suggest malicious intent from the get-go but it makes you seem somewhat insecure since you need a knife to hold your own in a fight.

The knife isn't any less strange, Kunoichi. Not only does it suggest malicious intent from the get-go but it makes you seem somewhat insecure since you need a knife to hold your own in a fight.

Well, I ain't the strongest person in the world....

Glaze it with butter and honey, inhale the heavenly aroma, my mouth watering all the while, and then dive in for the first bite of that delicious biscuit.

...what? Fight? I don't fight.

(edited)

Well, I ain't the strongest person in the world....

I think possible jail time is a much worse alternative to getting beat up, lol.

EDIT: Ooh, and if you put as much time as you do premeditating such things into, say, learning how to fight, you'd be quite well off even with your lack of physical strength.

Edited by Vicereine Vee IV
  • Brohoof 2